AndrewA

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I have only read four pages of this thread and I have never read so much mumbo jumbo since I believed in santa claus.. This more superstition than anything else. How can a garden gnome made from plaster of paris contain any evil spirit. There is more evil inside your computer and tv sets. No inanimate fairy, gnome or picture made by man is able to have any influencing power over you if you have the H/S indwelling in you and are covered by the power of the blood of the Lamb. Greater is He who is in you than he that's in the world. We have a few garden ornaments in our garden, but they don't freak me out. :24:

:thumbsup::rolleyes::laugh::taped::24:

Wish I could see me giveing you a standing ovation eric!

Here! Here! Me and my gnome salute you! lol

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I have only read four pages of this thread and I have never read so much mumbo jumbo since I believed in santa claus.. This more superstition than anything else. How can a garden gnome made from plaster of paris contain any evil spirit. There is more evil inside your computer and tv sets. No inanimate fairy, gnome or picture made by man is able to have any influencing power over you if you have the H/S indwelling in you and are covered by the power of the blood of the Lamb. Greater is He who is in you than he that's in the world. We have a few garden ornaments in our garden, but they don't freak me out. :24:

Here! Here!giving Me and my gnome salute you! lol

You know Marn, you could have at least fixed my spelling/wording mistakes! :24:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Thank you Silent prayer.

you know when I was at school, and that's over sixty years ago, I remember some where a phrase, *honi soit qui mal y pense* Evil to him who evil thinks. Some folks can find evil in anything. I always look for the good. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

For me it's not the concern of evil spirits being in the gnomes and faerie statues themselves, it's the appearance of evil. We are told to abstain from the appearance of evil.

Here! Here!giving Me and my gnome salute you! lol

You know Marn, you could have at least fixed my spelling/wording mistakes! :24:

I've been on this crazy thing since 4 am. I'm all bleary eyed here...didn't even notice. I have a gargoyle, by the way. It scares away the coyotes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I have re-opened this thread as it appears to be a subject of some concern to our posters.

I've done my best to clean it up without getting rid of what I believe are some very valid points regarding Christians and superstition, but I would like also to remind everyone that has posted here that we are all brothers and sisters in the Lord. We would all do well to remember Paul's words in 1 Cor. 10:23-33. Although some of us may have a clear conscience with regard to material objects, others regard them as stumbling blocks. The point then is to make concession for one another rather than using such matters as weapons of war.

Now then, I would like to consider Andrew's original post and make some comments of my own, with the hope that my words would help to free some believers from the bondage to simple material items that hold no power:

Introduction

We all have things within our homes that we know off and some that are hidden from us, long forgotten or its history unknown. Just how many of those things are honouring to God? How man of these things are as innocent as they seem, they could well be harboring bad spirits by creating a bad atmosphere and creating disharmony within the home. Here are my thoughts as to what we posses in our home, how we perceive them and what God most likely thinks of them.

To begin with Andrew, you are saying essentially two things: One, that there are potentially objects within the homes of believers that are not honoring God, and two that some of these things could be harboring bad spirits and creating a bad atmosphere or disharmony in the home. While you first point can most certainly true, your second point is most certainly not true.

Material objects in and of themselves hold no power or distinction unless a person gives them power or distinction. I hope to open this up more thoroughly as I progress through some of the other points you made in this post, but essentially it amounts to superstition and the giving of ones own power away to those objects and living in bondage to them - potentially more bondage than one would be under were your point true.

Indeed it is easy to become paranoid about such things and go way over the top and obsessive, which is in itself not healthy for us, for example banning anyone from entering the house who wears jewellery in case they have one of dozens of type of crystal that is used in new age healing. Who created crystals in first place? Well obviously God did. Man and Satan have simply taken a perfect creation and used it for their perversion and evil. Just because Satan has decided to fool man into using certain objects for evil, dose not mean we can also enjoy these objects for the purpose they were intended.

This is an excellent point, and one that all believers should understand implicitly. Objects hold no significance in and of themselves. This is a perfect example of that. However, in your next paragraph you go to far by placing value on those objects:

...However we may run into problems if we just buy crystals etc from any old source as we have no way of knowing what they were used for, if their use was for satanic purposes, such as healing, they most likely come with a

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I am starting to think the quote boxes are sometimes not working at Worthy, I have had the same problem. Try using different colors for each person.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Well I think it went directly to the point, so evidently this is one of these areas where we must agree to disagree things.

Shalom SP,

No, it did not go to the point of what I'm saying, please, read my post again.

And these comments:

Not than man created something that COULD BE used for evil, but that something was created ONLY for evil purposes.

All those things you mentioned that were created by man have functions and purposes. If someone uses them for evil, that doesn't make the thing evil.

HOWEVER, faeries, gnomes, Ouija boards and several other things were created FOR evil and there is no good purpose in them.

I am starting to think the quote boxes are sometimes not working at Worthy, I have had the same problem. Try using different colors for each person.

Yeah, it glitches from time to time. It's the little gnomes wreaking havoc on the system.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well I think it went directly to the point, so evidently this is one of these areas where we must agree to disagree things.

Shalom SP,

No, it did not go to the point of what I'm saying, please, read my post again.

And these comments:

Not than man created something that COULD BE used for evil, but that something was created ONLY for evil purposes.

All those things you mentioned that were created by man have functions and purposes. If someone uses them for evil, that doesn't make the thing evil.

HOWEVER, faeries, gnomes, Ouija boards and several other things were created FOR evil and there is no good purpose in them.

No need, I read them the first time, my point stands.