The Lorax

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line - when officers go after drug dealers and meth labs, they are doing society a great good. We shouldn't get onto them for doing what is right. Saying the war on drugs has failed because people still use drugs is like saying a war on pedophilia is useless and should be ended because people still engage in the act.

Just get the warrant first. We don't spend billions of taxpayer dollars a year on a war against pedophilia, AK.

It's a hypothetical. I'm saying that IF we did, it would be absurd to say it was a failure and we should just legalize limited pedophilia because it's costing money and it's not preventing some people from doing it.

Fact is, the billions we're spending on the drug war is working in a way. Part of they money goes to education for teens, which is working partially. Though marijuana and meth use has gone up, from what I've seen, all other drug use has gone down.

I'm all for police busting down doors of suspected meth dealers, so long as they have a warrant.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Bottom line - when officers go after drug dealers and meth labs, they are doing society a great good. We shouldn't get onto them for doing what is right. Saying the war on drugs has failed because people still use drugs is like saying a war on pedophilia is useless and should be ended because people still engage in the act.

Just get the warrant first. We don't spend billions of taxpayer dollars a year on a war against pedophilia, AK.

It's a hypothetical. I'm saying that IF we did, it would be absurd to say it was a failure and we should just legalize limited pedophilia because it's costing money and it's not preventing some people from doing it.

Fact is, the billions we're spending on the drug war is working in a way. Part of they money goes to education for teens, which is working partially. Though marijuana and meth use has gone up, from what I've seen, all other drug use has gone down.

I'm all for police busting down doors of suspected meth dealers, so long as they have a warrant.

Well, we could debate the first part of your statement, but I think we did once a while back. I have the bruises to prove it. But on the last part, :thumbsup: !

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Meth lab...................in neighborhoods all over the country, the insides of them are so soaked with dangerous chemicals that people living in them years later become sick. The water and land around the home is dangerous and toxic, and if you live next door to it, and it blows up (as they often do) you get blown up also!

But thats okay cause its their "private property" and their rights as adults to do anything they want to. Which also when your talking about people strung out on drugs, usually leads to other "adult rights" like breaking and entering, burglary, muggings, and thefts of all kinds and prostitution..............but its okay, lets tell the bad police officers to leave them alone, they are only being adults and they aren't hurting anybody.................oh wait YES THEY ARE!

That post demonstrates how easily people buy into propaganda and then perpetuate misinformation without ever knowing any of the facts. Why should the freedoms and privacy of 300,000,000 people be taken away/infringed upon because less than one tenth of one percent of the population is engaged in creating meth?

If I were you, I'd start ducking NOW! lol

No need for him to duck Marnie.............his statement speaks for itself, I don't have to do a thing!

Shalom SP,

I have a feeling she wasn't talking about you. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

That post demonstrates how easily people buy into propaganda and then perpetuate misinformation without ever knowing any of the facts. Why should the freedoms and privacy of 300,000,000 people be taken away/infringed upon because less than one tenth of one percent of the population is engaged in creating meth?

When was the last time you heard about a coke lab being busted? How about a heroin lab? How about an opium lab? How about an ecstasy lab? Can't remember eh?

Drug dealers don't generally sell to children. Find me an article where a drug dealer was busted selling to a child. Find me an article about a pre-teen caught smoking crack. :rolleyes:

All I can say is...wow Bro :thumbsup:

I wish...I wish...I wish we lived in your world. You should definitely do a ride-along for a couple nights with your local law enforcement.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

All I have to say in defense of my argument is: some of you sure think I'm wrong and yet not one of you provided anything other than your opinion and derision.

And................your proof was what, your opinion and derision.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Sure, tell the people whose family members died at the hands of these policemen that "the police were only doing the job that God ordained them to do, and your mother/father/brother/ what ever would have committed a sin if they hadn't submitted their life to these wonderful people, who must be far better than you and me because God ordained them to kill.

And why stop there? Why not tell the widow of a Jew who was beaten to death in a street in Europe by the Gestapo, during the Nazi era, that her husband would have committed a sin had he not submitted to being beaten to death. After all, there can be no denying that the Gestapo is an "authority instituted among men" so according to your interpretation it should be revered as it is "established by God". And we cannot just ignore it "because we don't like it".

Buck,

How dare you pervert the truth in this manner for your own agenda. You are accountable for your false words.

Hey Vickilynn, don't just "jump on the bandwagon" here and bring out the most venomous words you can think of without stating specific details. Your message really sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about but just don't want to appear to be going against what is "trendy" so you're putting in a "yes, I think you're wrong too", as well.

What, in your mind, is "my agenda"? What are my "false words"? Come on, specify, back up this accusation! God gave us a brain to to do just, so use it!

Please do answer!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

The problem comes when the officers don't have all the facts or when they hit the wrong home.

About a year ago in Atlanta, the Drug task force invaded the home of a 93 year old woman because someone said that they bought drugs there.

She lived alone. When they invaded they scared her and she pulled a gun and shot at them. They shot back and killed her.

The only thing she had done wrong was live in the wrong part of town.

Don't get me wrong.... I fully support our officers (as well as our military) but I feel that the No-Knock method does open them up to all sorts of problems.

However, If criminals know they're coming.... they stand a less likely chance of catching them, therefore... it may not exactly be wise to announce themselves.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Right, the public - and more recently, cameras - keep police accountable. When people want to get you in trouble, they can often find any reason to do so. This provides for extreme accountability.

Another thing thats relavant. Lawsuits keep most Departments accountable too. We get sued all the time. I am currently being sued for $1.8 million dollars by a guy thats sued the Sheriffs Dept two other times. Both times the county has settled the lawsuit out of court for a couple thousand dollars (I don't know the exact amounts.) Undoubtably, this will happen again. I have been investigated thoroughly by Internal Affairs and been cleared of any wrong-doing. However, this guy STILL figures he can get a couple thousand dollars.

A few more lawsuits and the dept. will figure it can save money by letting me go...even if I've done nothing wrong. You can imagine that my "accountability rating" will soar if the Dept. has to start putting out extra money.

Axxman, has your dept. considered stopping offering settlements. We offered settlements at one time and everyone was filing suit just to get a settlement. We got wise to this and currently we will not settle anything. We will not settle, we will not arbitrate. Everything goes to the Jury. In addition, we file counter suits against the plaintiff for defamation of Character, mental anguish, attorney fees, etc. etc. In addition, Our Internal affairs division heavily investigates them. Over half we successfully prosecute for false swearing. Guess what happened when we started doing this? We quit getting sued. The last suit we litigated we walked away with judgments against the "plaintiff." The Officer he sued has the plaintiff's wages garnished, leins on his house and property, and attachments on his bank accounts. The stupid criminal learned a valuable lesson there. The police department is not going to pay out Bogus suits. We have put many in Jail for the false suits. It works. You just have to have a department that has enough balls to say we do not care if we can settle it for $5000, we are going to trial and win. Even if it costs $100,000 to do it.

Of course you don't care, it is not "your" money, is it?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

She lived alone. When they invaded they scared her and she pulled a gun and shot at them. They shot back and killed her.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

I heard somewhere that they found her son hiding in the closet may possibly have been a rumor though. :noidea: