• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

Anyone who really cares to search this out can go to icr.org. They have the best research on the matter. I have a B.S. but I'm not up to date on the scientific studies.

Hi all.

Thought you may find the following link Interesting. A engraving of a dinosaur on Bishop Bell's tomb Carlisle Cathedral UK dated 1496. Surely Dinosaurs wern't discovered untill the 18th century?

check out the site and ask yourselves why the authorities don't want anyone to know about this tomb. You would think it would be used as a attraction to get more visitors in.

I found it very intersting.

dinosaur on 1496 tomb.

I'm sorry, but if dinosaurs were around during that time, we would have known about it. We have documentation from that period in abundance, yet this is the only evidence we have to point towards dinosaurs? This is merely another conspiracy theory and has obviously not been taken seriously by any authorities. You say the authorities are trying to keep it on the down-low. I say they see through garbage and understand that this is not verifiable evidence for dinosaurs. If they were around at that time, why do we not see them now? Surely the atmosphere hasn't changed enough to wipe out the largest and strongest creatures to ever walk the Earth in 500 years?

Too many holes.

Way too many holes.

So are you saying that the brass engravings on the tomb which are clearly dinosaurs don't exist?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AV1611_USER

New species are being discovered all the time, so it is not valid to say, "If they were around, we would have known about them".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

This is more of a question, but I have a feeling it will turn into a debate.

Anyway, is there any good evidence that the Earth is actually 6000-8000 years old? Doesn't all the scientific evidence (which we cannot ignore) point to an old Earth?

The only refutation I have heard is that carbon dating is faulty. But I just can't believe that all the scientists that use this process are ignorant enough to continue using something that doesn't work. It sounds too much like a conspiracy theory. It is like someone saying that NASA is merely a conspiracy organization trying to trick us into believing the Earth is round when it is actually flat.

So, can anyone give some good evidence for a young Earth?

\

If I gave you a rock to examine, would you be able to tell how old it is? :24:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

New species are being discovered all the time, so it is not valid to say, "If they were around, we would have known about them".

Well, from my understanding, many of the dinosaurs were the size of large houses. If we have yet to discover them, then they are doing a really good job of hiding. I mean seriously, do you really think it is possible that no one discovered dinosaurs and wrote extensively about them for thousands of years? That seems highly unlikely to me...

Anyone who really cares to search this out can go to icr.org. They have the best research on the matter. I have a B.S. but I'm not up to date on the scientific studies.

Hi all.

Thought you may find the following link Interesting. A engraving of a dinosaur on Bishop Bell's tomb Carlisle Cathedral UK dated 1496. Surely Dinosaurs wern't discovered untill the 18th century?

check out the site and ask yourselves why the authorities don't want anyone to know about this tomb. You would think it would be used as a attraction to get more visitors in.

I found it very intersting.

dinosaur on 1496 tomb.

I'm sorry, but if dinosaurs were around during that time, we would have known about it. We have documentation from that period in abundance, yet this is the only evidence we have to point towards dinosaurs? This is merely another conspiracy theory and has obviously not been taken seriously by any authorities. You say the authorities are trying to keep it on the down-low. I say they see through garbage and understand that this is not verifiable evidence for dinosaurs. If they were around at that time, why do we not see them now? Surely the atmosphere hasn't changed enough to wipe out the largest and strongest creatures to ever walk the Earth in 500 years?

Too many holes.

Way too many holes.

So are you saying that the brass engravings on the tomb which are clearly dinosaurs don't exist?

They might exist, they may not. According to the article you provided, this brass engraving is no longer available to the public. This sounds like the Michael Baingent book, "The Jesus Papers". Look it up, it is basically the same plot. Baigent claims to have seen a stone tablet that has a letter written by Jesus Christ to Pontius Pilate. The letter allegedly says that Jesus apologized to Pilate and explains that He wasn't claiming to be God, but was rather claiming that everyone is a Son of God and that Jesus wasn't special in any way. Well, when you finish the book, it turns out that the owner of this tablet refuses to show it to the public and that the tablet could very well be lost.

It just doesn't follow logic to think that dinosaurs were unnoticed (except for one man apparently) for thousands of years.

hr.jr.

I admire and respect every young earth creationist. If from a biblical sense, I thought you were correct, I would stand beside you no matter what science said. I simply disagree with young Earth because there are points it can not reconcile to scripture.

HR

This is more of a question, but I have a feeling it will turn into a debate.

Anyway, is there any good evidence that the Earth is actually 6000-8000 years old? Doesn't all the scientific evidence (which we cannot ignore) point to an old Earth?

The only refutation I have heard is that carbon dating is faulty. But I just can't believe that all the scientists that use this process are ignorant enough to continue using something that doesn't work. It sounds too much like a conspiracy theory. It is like someone saying that NASA is merely a conspiracy organization trying to trick us into believing the Earth is round when it is actually flat.

So, can anyone give some good evidence for a young Earth?

\

If I gave you a rock to examine, would you be able to tell how old it is? :24:

I could not, but a well equipped geologist could.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

If I gave you a rock to examine, would you be able to tell how old it is? :thumbsup:

Actually, probably yes. One could look at the rock and fairly easily tell whether it was igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic. Then look at surrounding road cuts or eroded areas to see at what level in the local geologic table it was probably found in, and from that get a very rough estimate of its age.

forrestkc

Actually, probably yes. One could look at the rock and fairly easily tell whether it was igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic. Then look at surrounding road cuts or eroded areas to see at what level in the local geologic table it was probably found in, and from that get a very rough estimate of its age.

Due to factors such as the changing molten surface of the ancient earth compounded with billions of years of erosion and crustal decay how could you (a non-scientist) tell the difference between a 1.8 billon year old metamorphic rock and say a 4.1 billion year old metamorphic rock simply by looking at "surrounding road cuts"? Can you really

Are you also capable of picking up a copy of the Illustrated Guide to the Human Body and removing your appendix with a pocket knife and a mirror? Your simplistic ideas are just that simplistic.

There is a bit of a difference between picking up a local rock, deciding its probably Bethany Limestone and thus about 90 million years old, and performing major surgery on yourself.