IGNORED

Sin is Sin

Guest lovinghim4ever

A sinner who does not know the will of God will end up in hell. Also, anybody who knew the will of God and did it not will also end up in hell, but will receive more stripes (beatings) than the one who did not know.

Judas is going to get a much sorer punishment in hell than a lot of other people for betraying Christ.

This made me think of another verse where Jesus was talking about it being better if Judas had not been born. That's a pretty sobering thought when you remember this was said by Jesus himself.

Mat 26:24

The Son of Man will go as it is written about him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would be better for him if he had never been born.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Very good question and posts! I thought it was very thought-provoking.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

He was speaking of Judas. Judas sat under Jesus' teaching and heard directly what Jesus had to say. He still chose to betray him. Judas's sin was wilfull and with full knowledge. Pilate on the other hand was acting based on what others said, and without a background in the religion of the Hebrews. He was more ignorant of the facts about Jesus than Judas.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Jesus answered,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

The only confusing thing about Judas & his fate is- wasn't he assisting in God's plan of Christ being taken to the cross & eventually raised for our sins?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

The teaching that all sins are equal is not Biblical. It is true that any sin is too much sin to be in the kingdom of heaven and only because of Jesus Christ do any of us even have the possibility to be included in the kingdom of God. But not all sins are equal. Some sins separate us from God.

God Bless,

K.D.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

The teaching that all sins are equal is not Biblical. It is true that any sin is too much sin to be in the kingdom of heaven and only because of Jesus Christ do any of us even have the possibility to be included in the kingdom of God. But not all sins are equal. Some sins separate us from God.

God Bless,

K.D.

All sin separates us from God. God is Holy and as such He cannot associate or approve of any sin. Sins are all the same in the sense that they separate us from God and need forgiveness. They differ in their consequences in the lives of both the individual who commited them and the victims. For example, one lie would doom a person eternally just as a murder would. Christ's blood paid for them both.

James said this:

For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all.

James 2:10 HCSB

However, the consequences of the sins could be very different. If I lie about eating a cookie before dinner (that was a common one for me) the temporal consequences I suffer (and my mom suffered as a result of my lie) would be less than if I had killed her or someone she loved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

God Bless,

K.D.

All sin separates us from God. God is Holy and as such He cannot associate or approve of any sin. Sins are all the same in the sense that they separate us from God and need forgiveness. They differ in their consequences in the lives of both the individual who commited them and the victims. For example, one lie would doom a person eternally just as a murder would. Christ's blood paid for them both.

James said this:

For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all.

James 2:10 HCSB

However, the consequences of the sins could be very different. If I lie about eating a cookie before dinner (that was a common one for me) the temporal consequences I suffer (and my mom suffered as a result of my lie) would be less than if I had killed her or someone she loved.

One of those thumbs up emoti-jobs that I refuse to learn how to use, rebellious so-and-so that I am!

Ruth

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

I agree Christ Blood is the only reason we can be forgiven for any sin. I think I tried to say that :emot-puke: