In need of help.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am looking for a denomination, (or group), where people are called to repentance; since the new birth can come about only after one repented and turned away from their sins.

This denomination will not assure people about their eternal security, since the Bible doesn't teach that.

This denomination I am looking for, will not say that Baptism is only a step of obedience, a symbolic act, a public display of what already had happened between Christ and the believer; but will be quiet on the issue, since the Bible is quiet about it.

Does anybody know a denomination or group like that?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a denomination, (or group), where people are called to repentance; since the new birth can come about only after one repented and turned away from their sins.

This denomination will not assure people about their eternal security, since the Bible doesn't teach that.

This denomination I am looking for, will not say that Baptism is only a step of obedience, a symbolic act, a public display of what already had happened between Christ and the believer; but will be quiet on the issue, since the Bible is quiet about it.

Start your own Church. Then you can teach what you like.

This is not an answer to my question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

[ hi ....well i am new but would like two say that this site is great place...hope you get some good replys....bye

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

(I hear that the Catholics are also pretty sensible about avoiding showy rituals)

HA....okay. Ya, right

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I dunno if there's a church out there that is silent on the issue of Baptism...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I'm not sure if there are any denominations like that.

Perhaps you could be a Baptist -- I think they might be quiet about baptism and things like that, maybe...

Baptists, by the very nature of their name, will not be quiet about baptism. :emot-prettywink:

Wow. I think I either wasn't clear, or you all misunderstood what I said.

Of course that the Bible talks about Baptism! I never said it doesn't. But it doesn't say when one gets the Holy Spirit, the Bible doesn't say which is the moment when one becomes saved. Does it happen when one repents? Does it happen when one makes this deal with Christ? Does it happen only when one gets baptized? The Bible is quiet about that.

So, when does one receive the Holy Spirit? Before baptism, or during baptism, or after baptism?

When the Lord Jesus was baptised, after His baptism the Holy Spirit descended on Him.

The thing is that when one gets baptized, the pastor says that it is just a formality, a symbolic act, a step of obedience, etc... and that it is not part of salvation. But since the Bible is quiet about that, (It doesn't say that Baptism is not part of salvation, nor does it say that it is) it bothers me when they say that.

Edited by graymousey

Yes and Amen

The LORD Jesus Christ

Yea!

By Faith Ye Stand

But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.

For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.

Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

2 Corinthians 1:18-24

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, during the Liturgy, people are called to repentance FOUR TIMES!

However we are not 'quiet' about baptism, because the Scriptures are not 'quiet' on the issue either. Baptism is mentioned many times. We believe it is normative and necessary in the life of the Believer, under normal conditions.

"By Faith Ye Stand"

Yes, true. By faith in God's Word, and in His promises we stand. But did He promise salvation independent of baptism? Doesn't the Bible say repent, believe and be baptised? So can one disregard baptism when wants to be saved? Is it really just a formality, or a step of obedience? Or is it part of salvation? When does one receive the Holy Spirit? Which is the moment one gets over from death to life? What is the moment when one becomes the child of God? Before baptism, or after baptism?