IGNORED

Why Hillary?

Guest Marlee

Guest Marlee

If you are a Democrat in, be it moderate or even liberal, can you explain for the populace ("especially a party of the people") - why 'If things ARE TRULY SO BAD', why she is the BEST alternative among everyone else in the country that could run??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

If you are a Democrat in, be it moderate or even liberal, can you explain for the populace ("especially a party of the people") - why 'If things ARE TRULY SO BAD', why she is the BEST alternative among everyone else in the country that could run??

. . .cricket. . .cricket. . .cricket :whistling::thumbsup::laugh:;):emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I am not a big fan of Hillary. But in a nutshell, I think this is why people that like her think she would do a better job. In the Clinton years, by any measure, things were going better than they are now. That is what people are looking for again.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I'll take a stab at this. I'm NOT a Democrat, so I'll try to warp my thinking to come up with an answer, because I actually think this is a good question.

I think the fact that she is a well-spoken woman is the number one reason why she is so popular. Nowadays it seems as though as long as a candidate looks good, speaks well and has an education, they're a viable candidate. Given this, interestingly enough, Lincoln would never have been elected. It is my conviction that if she were a man, she wouldn't even be a Senator. Undeniably, Hilary is slick and speaks clearly and is able to enunciate her various positions well, often all on the same subject...lol

I believe that the Democrats are so desperate to appear to be the "progressive" party, and so desperate to get the much-coveted womens vote, that they see Hilary as their best hope.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I'll take a stab at this. I'm NOT a Democrat, so I'll try to warp my thinking to come up with an answer, because I actually think this is a good question.

I think the fact that she is a well-spoken woman is the number one reason why she is so popular. Nowadays it seems as though as long as a candidate looks good, speaks well and has an education, they're a viable candidate. Given this, interestingly enough, Lincoln would never have been elected. It is my conviction that if she were a man, she wouldn't even be a Senator. Undeniably, Hilary is slick and speaks clearly and is able to enunciate her various positions well, often all on the same subject...lol

I believe that the Democrats are so desperate to appear to be the "progressive" party, and so desperate to get the much-coveted womens vote, that they see Hilary as their best hope.

I think its really not just well spoken. I think Democrats tend to like candidates who are smart, have a command of the issues, and have a thirst for knowledge. Like I say, I am not that big of a fan of Hillary, but I think she obviously is very intelligent, and obviously like her husband has a thirst for knowledge. This equates to competence.

My biggest problem with Bush is that he has zero intellectual curiosity. Many times he exhibits what appears to be a willful ignorance of issues when speaking unscripted. At times I have felt as though I may well be smarter than he is. I never felt that way with the Clintons, McCain, Gore, or Bush Sr. Where as Republicans these days have an almost knee jerk reaction against intellectuals, Democrats embrace them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

She comes across to me as shrill, fake, pandering (which turns me WAY off), cold, UNcompassionate, cold, calculating, willing to step on anyone to get what she wants, untrustworthy, dishonest, a liar, anyone but who she tries to make herself look like, and downright dangerous. She always has, as first lady, too. And NOT just because she's a Democrat, either. It's just how she strikes me. I see right thru her.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

And I think to paint the Dems as "desperate" is a long shot too. This is a time to be picking a strong candidate - one who can appeal to centrists, obviously, but there seems to be less of a need to compromise, unlike in '04. After Bush, quite honestly, it's very much an uphill battle for the Republicans. A smart, articulate, engaging and issue-driven Democrat will have a much easier ride this time around. I think if there was a time for Hillary to be elected, it would be now (strategically speaking).

That said, I have a number of problems with Hillary. I am for Obama (with hopes for Gore). But if she gets the nomination I will vote for her, and I think a lot of people feel that way - hesitant, but that she'd be better than anything the Republicans can come up with.

Guest Marlee

. . .cricket. . .cricket. . .cricket :):24::24::24::24:

JustinM, if you can't respond with a Christian-like answer, then why respond at all?

And to all the others here that responded to my post, thanks so much.

Edited by Marlee

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

The democratic party already has the woman vote regardless of whether Hillary is running or not. Duh.

Haha, nice.

(Especially if the nominee is Barack, yeah?...I have a huge crush on him.)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Mr Balance: I was referring to President Lincoln's appearance; he was not an attractive man. He would never make it in today's media-driven world. Of course he was smart. Frankly, I had a long response to your demeaning, belittling, nit-picking response to my post. But, alas and alack, you're not worth the effort. :)

Bluegirl: Of course the Dems are desperate! Look at their candidates! John Edwards, a loser. Hilary, wife of uninspiring President, who herself is shrill and uninspiring. Obama, who? And what's this about Algore?? Another loser. To be honest, I would LOVE to have a genuine, viable alternative to what the GOP is foisting on the public, because, honestly, they are a bunch of second-tier back-benchers IMO.