• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

If Gore jumps in, he pretty much has the presidency. My dream is a Gore-Obama ticket, but we'll see...

As for Obama, an FYI - historically, previous experience has never been an effective gauge for how well a president will perform.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

The democratic party already has the woman vote regardless of whether Hillary is running or not. Duh.

Haha, nice.

(Especially if the nominee is Barack, yeah?...I have a huge crush on him.)

My wife has a thing for Edwards. Back in 2004 he did a campaign rally during the primary season here in KC at the uptown. We saw the sign for it while coming home from work and walked over to the rally with our son Tucker who was 3 and half at the time. Anyway, we got there kind of early and heard him speak and all (he is good speaker but not half as good as Bill Clinton). At the end of the rally we grabbed up Tucker and pushed our way through the crowd to John and his wife and just basically handed our son to them. They really gushed over him and the flash bulbs from all the media there started flashing, we quickly snapped a few pictures and we left. The idea at the time was that if Edwards got the nomination, and then was elected, our son would have gotten his picture taken with a president. Of course, that did not work out.

After Kerry got the nomination he did a campaign rally here in KC. We thought about taking Tucker to that one and handing him to Kerry so we could get some pictures of him and Kerry, but in the end we decided against it because we were worried Kerry would scare him too much. (Yes, I know that's mean, but its just a joke.)

We thought about taking Tucker to a Bush rally as well, but figured there would be no way would could get close enough to him to get our son's picture taken with him. I think you have to be a "Bush Pioneer" for that one. Anyway, I guess next year we can shamelessly throw our kids at any candidate who comes to town so they can have a shot at having their picture taken with whoever the next president ends up being. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Haha, there is something fun about that, isn't there? I know a lot of people who have met Barack (he's big with college kids, obviously), and I think I'd just be speechless in the event. I know, I know, he's not a rock star...but he has a lot of star power (not that he's not quite substantial as a candidate, clearly....otherwise I wouldn't support him). My boyfriend is working in a student group on his campaign, so maybe one day...haha.

Guest Marlee
While I am not a member of the DEMOCRATIC Party (just to emphasize the correct semantics for you ditto-heads) and I would not vote for Hillary I'll give you my take on her by responding to Marnie.

Hold on while I warp my brain in order to understand Marnie. ARRGH, OOOH, IEEEEA, HMMMCH, GIIIIIEEEEEEOOOOOO OOOOHH, ouch ouch ouch ooch ooch... There we go.

I think the fact that she is a well-spoken woman is the number one reason why she is so popular.

I think a well spoken anything would be a nice change.

Nowadays it seems as though as long as a candidate looks good, speaks well and has an education, they're a viable candidate.

Nowadays, as long as a candidate doesn't embarrass him/herself every time they open their mouth, is intelligent and actually uses that intelligence, they're a viable candidate.

Given this, interestingly enough, Lincoln would never have been elected.

In your uninformed opinion. Lincoln was very smart, well spoken and steadfast in his convictions, not to the point of stupidity however.

It is my conviction that if she were a man, she wouldn't even be a Senator.

It is my conviction that you'll say anything to attack the other side. Like the sentence above.

Undeniably, Hilary is slick and speaks clearly and is able to enunciate her various positions well, often all on the same subject...lol

Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that at least the starting point for any candidate?

I believe that the Democrats are so desperate to appear to be the "progressive" party, and so desperate to get the much-coveted womens vote, that they see Hilary as their best hope.

Democrats aren't desperate to appear to be the progressive party, they are already identified as such. The problem is that republicans have spent a lot of money and energy trying to tell us all that the conservative party is better. We can see that those conservative "values" like... well I could make a nice long list of scandals and dirty deeds over the last 6 years, some of which we are just getting to look into, we can see that Americans are coming back to their senses after giving the "fear that" party a free reign.

The democratic party already has the woman vote regardless of whether Hillary is running or not. Duh.

The thing I hear most from democrats is "she's better than any of the republican choices by a long shot".

Well since you THINK I'm a dittohead balance, "sit back and have some Kool-aid and try not to be persnickety in your next reply".

Guest Marlee

If you are a Democrat in, be it moderate or even liberal, can you explain for the populace ("especially a party of the people") - why 'If things ARE TRULY SO BAD', why she is the BEST alternative among everyone else in the country that could run??

. . .cricket. . .cricket. . .cricket :noidea::24::):):)

JustinM, if you can't respond with a Christian-like answer, then why respond at all?

And to all the others here that responded to my post, thanks so much.

I wasn't making fun of your post Marlee. This morning I saw that it had been several hours since anyone responded, I thought that was funny, because it looked as though no one could come up with a good enough reason to support her. As of yet, her supporters have failed to come up with a good enough/strong enough reason why she should be the next President. We need a President that both sides of the country can come together to support. The bipartisan rift in this country is no good and if we aren't careful there will be another civil war.

:)

Thanks for letting me know Justin. :)

You're right about Hillary. She's one of the most polarizing candidates. Some love her. MOST hate her.

In your uninformed opinion.
:o

Pick On Your Own Sister You Silly Rascal

She Is Smart

She Is The Beloved Of The Lord

She Is Right More Often Than She Is Left

She Is Often A Bigger Rascal Than You And I Together

She Is Right More Often Than She Is Left

She Is The Beloved Of The Lord

She Is Smart

Did I Mention She Even Properly Uses Persnickety As She Practices Prickly Elocution For Our Political Edification :)

So There :P:noidea::24::)

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Philippians 2:3

Be Kind - Post Early - Post Often - Be Blessed

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hillary was already President. She needs to move on and let someone else serve.

Good one! And true.

Obama hasn't even served one full senate term, has he? How experienced can he be? I don't think Edwards will be in much longer. I'd love to see Algore get in again, so I could see him be defeated again, either in the primary or the election.

How can any Christian support a candidate who is pro-abortion, up to the moment of birth, and even after the birth has begun???

Hey Kat,

Do you think David Gold would call her "Slick Willary"? Slick Hilly?

For those of you who don't know, David Gold (conservative talk radio host in DFW area) commonly referred to Bill Clinton as "Slick Willy".

How 'bout naming her term - The Chronicles of Whitewater: The Lyin', The Witch, and the Senate Probe ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Hillary was already President. She needs to move on and let someone else serve.

Good one! And true.

Obama hasn't even served one full senate term, has he? How experienced can he be? I don't think Edwards will be in much longer. I'd love to see Algore get in again, so I could see him be defeated again, either in the primary or the election.

How can any Christian support a candidate who is pro-abortion, up to the moment of birth, and even after the birth has begun???

Hey Kat,

Do you think David Gold would call her "Slick Willary"? Slick Hilly?

For those of you who don't know, David Gold (conservative talk radio host in DFW area) commonly referred to Bill Clinton as "Slick Willy".

How 'bout naming her term - The Chronicles of Whitewater: The Lyin', The Witch, and the Senate Probe ?

I'm sure Gold would have come up with a good one! I've heard some I couldn't really put on here, too.

Your term names are good, too.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Haha, nice.

(Especially if the nominee is Barack, yeah?...I have a huge crush on him.)

My wife has a thing for Edwards. Back in 2004 he did a campaign rally during the primary season here in KC at the uptown. We saw the sign for it while coming home from work and walked over to the rally with our son Tucker who was 3 and half at the time. Anyway, we got there kind of early and heard him speak and all (he is good speaker but not half as good as Bill Clinton). At the end of the rally we grabbed up Tucker and pushed our way through the crowd to John and his wife and just basically handed our son to them. They really gushed over him and the flash bulbs from all the media there started flashing, we quickly snapped a few pictures and we left. The idea at the time was that if Edwards got the nomination, and then was elected, our son would have gotten his picture taken with a president. Of course, that did not work out.

After Kerry got the nomination he did a campaign rally here in KC. We thought about taking Tucker to that one and handing him to Kerry so we could get some pictures of him and Kerry, but in the end we decided against it because we were worried Kerry would scare him too much. (Yes, I know that's mean, but its just a joke.)

We thought about taking Tucker to a Bush rally as well, but figured there would be no way would could get close enough to him to get our son's picture taken with him. I think you have to be a "Bush Pioneer" for that one. Anyway, I guess next year we can shamelessly throw our kids at any candidate who comes to town so they can have a shot at having their picture taken with whoever the next president ends up being. :)

I have an idea. Why don't you have tucker hold up a sign that says

"Hillary, a scandal waiting to happen"

and watch bill and hill's henchmen suppress your freedom of speech or you could get an irs audit for you to remember them by... :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

She comes across to me as shrill, fake, pandering (which turns me WAY off), cold, UNcompassionate, cold, calculating, willing to step on anyone to get what she wants, untrustworthy, dishonest, a liar, anyone but who she tries to make herself look like, and downright dangerous. She always has, as first lady, too. And NOT just because she's a Democrat, either. It's just how she strikes me. I see right thru her.

This sounds like man in general...thank God for Christ. Kat..I love you sis, but your focus becomes off when you begin to talk about politics.

So you think Jesus wouldn't want us to talk about politics?