Guest Marlee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't talking about the whole Senate, the 56% refers to the average approval rating for one Senator from their constituency.

Yeah, Congressional job approval is down (remember we're talking about all of Congress here, not just the Senate)...probably because they're not being aggressive enough, and also because people aren't generally happy with where we are as a nation right now. As a general note, though, Congressional approval ratings tend to be lower than individual ratings. For judging individual Senators, I tend to think that looking at how they're rated by their constituents is a good way of judging their service.

so what you're saying is that the average of 56%, that you referred to, is the average approval rating of senators from their own constituency then?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Yes, from that late 2006 survey.

until I saw the survey, I think I would tend to believe 74% of the democrats thought she was doing a good job, not her constituency...

she hasn't done anything to warrant that...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I'm sure you'd all agree that it's the democrats, who have been in control for 7 months now, who caused this low approval rating. Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that until November 2006 the republicans ran the entire government, by majority in congress and the Presidency. In fact the republicans did such a good job that the American people decided to give the democrats a chance to fix... I mean, get in on all that good work... :emot-highfive:

:whistling:

What?

Of course the low rating is due to the Democratic take over. Their own followers are the ones driving the numbers down.

Once in office, Democrats have failed to appease their base, and their base is the one complaining. They aren't doing enough about the war, and that is what they don't like the most.

How is the drop in approval ratings for Congress due to the Republicans?

t.

Oh, by the way, I recommend govtrack.us for summary info about legislators (they link to SurveyUSA polls). The site also indexes all bills presented, put through committee, voted on, etc. as well as the votes participated in by Senators.

until I saw the survey, I think I would tend to believe 74% of the democrats thought she was doing a good job, not her constituency...

Nope, the survey polls Dems, Repubs, and Independents of various races, ages, and both genders. Look up the survey on SurveyUSA.com. It's all right there. Since November '06 her ratings have dipped a little, but she's still above average. By the way, what seems to be the most recent data shows she even has a 41% approval rate from NY Republicans.

Oh, by the way, I recommend govtrack.us for summary info about legislators (they link to SurveyUSA polls). The site also indexes all bills presented, put through committee, voted on, etc. as well as the votes participated in by Senators.

I found it, You're right...

94 % of the dems like her

42% of the republicans

and

53% of the independents...

Making her average approval right now around 66%, higher than the average for Senators.

Nope, the survey polls Dems, Repubs, and Independents of various races, ages, and both genders. Look up the survey on SurveyUSA.com. It's all right there. Since November '06 her ratings have dipped a little, but she's still above average. By the way, what seems to be the most recent data shows she even has a 41% approval rate from NY Republicans.

ok now answer me this, with that high of an approval rating, from a state of that political dominance, why hasn't she done more locally or nationally?

ok now answer me this, with that high of an approval rating, from a state of that political dominance, why hasn't she done more locally or nationally?

Answering that question was never my intent - I just wanted to point out that her approval ratings are far from being low.

That said, and although she's not my choice for a candidate, she has done more than I think a lot of people on here give her credit for. She maintained a low profile to start out, but I believe that was calculated. During her term, she's worked on funding for public schools, encouraging r&d, and has been active in discussions about reform of the American healthcare system, etc. I think it was Clinton who was pushing for investigation about post-Katrina response, too.