• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I used to believe in coincidence.

1)About a year ago, I just missed a 4 car-pile-up by about 2 minutes that I would have been in had it not been for my lingering child. It was at a light I needed to turn at at, like the car that was hit, and might have been under the pile of wreckage she was under. Might have, though...

(that one, I ignored. "satan's not trying to kill me" I said to myself)

2)A few months after that I was driving in the middle of the night and reached a stop light. When it turned green, I paused for about 5 seconds, considering no one was behind me, it was safe to be the road-turtle I am and love to be. I looked up as I pressed the gas to see a huge truck fly through his redlight like a bullet. My heart almost leaped out of my chest and, you can believe, I was thanking God on the way home.

3)Not even 3 months after that, almost the same thing happened. It was the middle of the night, again, and no one was on the road(or so I thought) but me. I casually flipped through the channels on the radio, knowing the light had turned green, missing a non-stopping truck, once again, speeding through the redlight.

There was another incedent while driving with my sister in the car but I just figured satan was after her that time. :taped:

(kidding)

God's been working overtime on me and I'm going to make sure He has no reasons to "regret" his efforts.

(felt compelled to share...)

:emot-crying:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,064
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  238
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Praise the Lord for His care of you ( and remind me not to drive with you please :taped::emot-crying: )

• Group:  Diamond Member

Praise the Lord for His care of you ( and remind me not to drive with you please :emot-crying::emot-crying: )

You wouldn't be the first to tell me that. :taped:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, the Lord was definitely protecting you. The Lord also times things, we think it is our timing, but it is His. Praise the Lord.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Praise His name for sparing your life!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

Have you talked with the sheriff about the truckers? :taped:

I'm glad God has been protecting you from accidents. When I was 20-21 God saved my life in similar ways three times. In one case it was very spooky. A water truck from the fire department got loose and was heading straight for my window where I was sewing. It went over a small fallen tree that caused it to change direction and not hit our house. Back then I was too stupid to give God the glory. You have the right attitude. Loving God and serving Him are the right responses!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  5

I used to believe in coincidence.

1)About a year ago, I just missed a 4 car-pile-up by about 2 minutes that I would have been in had it not been for my lingering child. It was at a light I needed to turn at at, like the car that was hit, and might have been under the pile of wreckage she was under. Might have, though...

(that one, I ignored. "satan's not trying to kill me" I said to myself)

2)A few months after that I was driving in the middle of the night and reached a stop light. When it turned green, I paused for about 5 seconds, considering no one was behind me, it was safe to be the road-turtle I am and love to be. I looked up as I pressed the gas to see a huge truck fly through his redlight like a bullet. My heart almost leaped out of my chest and, you can believe, I was thanking God on the way home.

3)Not even 3 months after that, almost the same thing happened. It was the middle of the night, again, and no one was on the road(or so I thought) but me. I casually flipped through the channels on the radio, knowing the light had turned green, missing a non-stopping truck, once again, speeding through the redlight.

There was another incedent while driving with my sister in the car but I just figured satan was after her that time. :noidea:

(kidding)

God's been working overtime on me and I'm going to make sure He has no reasons to "regret" his efforts.

(felt compelled to share...)

:o

Thanks for the story.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'll ride with ya None! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member

I'll ride with ya None! ;)

:emot-hug: Thank you, Silent. These accounts are 100% true, as God is my witness. And, not that I'd mind going to Heaven any day God calls me home, I'd rather not be maimed if I DO survive a hit from one of these crazy drivers. I've seen some horrible ER scenes involving survivors of car wrecks. They always make me cry.

If nothing more, the near misses are a wake-up call to be grateful for the time I spend here with my family.

This is what I thank God for the most.

:21:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  5

I'll ride with ya None! :thumbsup:

:mgcheerful: Thank you, Silent. These accounts are 100% true, as God is my witness. And, not that I'd mind going to Heaven any day God calls me home, I'd rather not be maimed if I DO survive a hit from one of these crazy drivers. I've seen some horrible ER scenes involving survivors of car wrecks. They always make me cry.

If nothing more, the near misses are a wake-up call to be grateful for the time I spend here with my family.

This is what I thank God for the most.

:whistling:

I believe you.