IGNORED

Can A Christian Be Demonically Possessed?

jeremiah7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

He will NOT permit any of His followers to be oppressed.

Read the Bible lately? A couple of guys come to mind-Job and Paul. Satan personally is recorded as asking to get to Job. He also asked to sift Peter as wheat.

I've been through this myself at times. I spent TOO MANY years out in sin-way too many. I knew the way of the Lord, but I simply went through the motions and didn't truly serve God or obey His commands. Finally one night I decided enough was enough and I came in and told my wife that I was going to church. I had already re-committed my life to God a few days before that, but I knew that I HAD to get in church if I had any hope of staying right with God. I had tried before WITHOUT church only to fall again. Well, Satan knew I was serious this time. Everytime I turned around, the thought got in my mind that I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Well, just about the time that I would convince myself I had not, here came Satan again telling me I had done the unpardonable sin. I went through so many doubts and fears it wasn't even funny. Ya know what, though, it was one of the best times in my life spiritually because it made me grow in God!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Christians can become oppressed and depressed, as a result of demonic attack. But i agree with the others here when they say a Christian can not be posessed.

Well, I can appreciate the sentiments, but I had an experience - as a born again Christian - where a demon "posessed" me. It was one of the scariest experiences in my life. But when it left, I cold physically feel it leaving and then my mind was cleared.

What I learned is they can play with your mind, influence your thoughts and feelings, make you think that what you are thinking and feeling are your own thoughts and feelings. I'm not sure what I would have done if I had not recognized what was going on and resisted to high hilt (I truly believed I had power, if I would just say or do the right thing); I just knew I couldn't let it use me or take control of/claim me.

If you don't understand, I can accept that (just not agree). Unless you have been there, I don't know how you really could, because it is so unlike anything you've ever known (of).

But praise God it's over!!!

neb, i can fully appreciate what you are saying... but, as you said, "I just knew I couldn't let it use me or take control of/claim me".

i think what you were experiencing was demonic oppression. had it been posession, you would not have had any thoughts that were not its own.

for the record, i have been there... someday i may tell the story of my youth, and the supernatural experiences that i had.

and yes, thank God it is over... for you, for me, and for countless others who have experienced it.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm not so sure - because I actually felt like I was something other than what I was/am. I truly believe that what saved me is that I have a very, very, very strong mind, and I'd been educated enough to realize that this was all wrong! I had to remind myself that this was not logical for me to believe this, even though every pore of my being, it seemed, believed this other thing. It was truly a fight.

OK, maybe I should be more specific. I was on top a mesa overlook over some ancient Native American ruins. Obviously, the place had been used as an altar, because it was a religious demon that was on me. It was like all of a sudden, I was a native high priestess and I had the power to control the wind! I can't say I "thought" it or "felt" it, because those words aren't strong enough to convey what came over me.

To call this "opression" just doesn't settle right with me.

demonic oppression is to be under severe demonic attack. i do believe that was what you were under. demonic possession leaves the person who is possessed totally incapable of fighting back. i also understand how difficult it can be to distinguish between the two. others here have provided scriptures which would seemingly indicate that it is not possible for someone who is living in Christ to be possessed... although those who live in Christ are often the target of Satan's most vicious attacks. of course, i'm only human, and may be mistaken, but as i understand it, this is the difference between the two. i've had my own experiences with severe oppression, but i obviously haven't walked in your shoes. so it is just my interpretation of scripture that leads me to believe you were under oppression.

Oppression... Satan or devils contact and influence people externally; from the outside in.

Possession... demons actually dwell inside the person, influencing and manipulating him internally.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1974

Christians can become oppressed and depressed, as a result of demonic attack. But i agree with the others here when they say a Christian can not be posessed.

:blink: I agree completely and know that it is the truth!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Hmm.... If you have the HOLY SPIRIT living in you, then, there is NO WAY a demon can be in you. It is impossible for it (demon) to dwell the same place as the Holy Spirit! You can be attacked from the outside (oppressed) but there's no room on the inside for him, nor would he tread there....

bible-devil.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Hmm.... If you have the HOLY SPIRIT living in you, then, there is NO WAY a demon can be in you. It is impossible for it (demon) to dwell the same place as the Holy Spirit! You can be attacked from the outside (oppressed) but there's no room on the inside for him, nor would he tread there....

bible-devil.gif

As it says in the Bible-what fellowship has light with dark? I think that completely explains it!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

As it says in the Bible-what fellowship has light with dark?  I think that completely explains it!

Amen, RGR!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

bible-devil.gif

Amen Pam :il:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days