Looking for a reason

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am looking for a reason (or reasons) to stay alive.

I know that suicide is wrong, so I am FIGHTING to stay alive. However, the fight is getting harder and harder every day. I am very tired of fighting. I am very tired of being slapped in the face etc and no I am not depressed (so the doctor said today).

I have either lost everything or am in the process of losing everything that has been dear to me. My life is over.

Any advice please?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am looking for a reason (or reasons) to stay alive.

I know that suicide is wrong, so I am FIGHTING to stay alive. However, the fight is getting harder and harder every day. I am very tired of fighting. I am very tired of being slapped in the face etc and no I am not depressed (so the doctor said today).

I have either lost everything or am in the process of losing everything that has been dear to me. My life is over.

Any advice please?

Please Afal do not give up. I have been so close to just giving up on everything God has given me - not to the extent you are willing to go to, but giving up is not the answer.

I know you and I both want that 'Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow', and in order to get it we have to make it through the storm. Rainbows only come after the storms. This is a storm - it may be a big one, but it's a storm. The 'Pot of Gold' is worth sticking around for. Afal please don't give up. I understand and can relate to your feelings of being very tired of fighting - I'm going through a fight that I just wish I could give up on, but I know if I make it through the life I will have at the end will be truely amazing and worth fighting for. Afal I love you as a sister in Christ, and God loves you more than anything - He has a plan for us, we just need to wait for when God is ready to show us what it is. Waiting is hard and in our case it's a physically and emotionally exhausting wait, but Afal giving up is not the answer. Have you talked to a pastor about the abuse? If you haven't I beg you to do so, call them up right now and ask to talk to them. Afal they will help you through this, and I will be here for you too - and as always God will be. Afal please talk to your pastor, they can help you take the next step to protecting yourself. I'm praying for you Afal, please call them. :24::24:

God Bless,

Morgan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Any advice please?

Please don't give up. There is so much God can do for you. Have you any family to talk to? If you pray and talk to God, he can do so much for you. I will keep you in my prayers. If you need to talk to anyone please feel free to im me or email me. My email address is cwill472@yahoo.com. My IM's are cwill472 on yahoo, msn and for aol is cwill912. Please don't give up on yourelf and God. God loves you so much.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Afal, I have been through some very dark times many times in my life and like you have sometimes felt like giving up. But God has ALWAYS come through for me and He will for you too.

Until then hold on and know that your brothers and sisters here love you and will carry you in prayer! :24::24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

" ' "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." '

Numbers 6: 24-26 (TNIV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Afal,

Maybe you need to change your focus? Could it be that you are looking too short and you need to look a little further down the road? Looking back, the mountains I faced don't seem so big anymore. They are but a distant memory fading with each passing day.

One of my favorite passages of Scripture is Psalm 73 about struggles...

... "till I entered the sanctuary of God". vs 17

Once the psalmist entered into the presence of the Most High, his eyes were opened and he came to conclude...

But as for me, it is good to be near God.

I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;

I will tell of all your deeds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Thanks for the advice.

I did go to the pastor and was told that he couldn't help me and I have no family support. These are two of the things that I refer to in my original post.

I am also finding it difficult to hold on to my faith in God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Been through all that still fighting the storms. I like reading psalms 121 it really lifts u up.

You should not have lost everthing dear to you because GOd is still there, right?

Did you lose family? frineds?

Why did the pastor say he couldnt help you? help you with what?

Sometimes doctors are wrong. Do you think you are depressed? If you have no will to live, then you are depressed, ( I am a doctor too!!)

In GOd' Love

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I did go to the pastor and was told that he couldn't help me and I have no family support. These are two of the things that I refer to in my original post.

Maybe the folks here could be your proxy family? :b: I know its not the same but there are people here who care and will pray for your need.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time. :o

...oh, maybe its time to find another pastor? :rolleyes: I think that maybe he just didn't know what to say. Maybe all he had to do was listen?

Whatever you do, hold onto the one truth that is Jesus Christ.

...in HIM and HIM only do we find comfort and peace.

I may not know what you're going through but the Lord our God does. One of my favorite songs sung by Natalie Grant says it all for me... and when I meditate on the depth of what it says, I am reminded of what He has done for me and you...

Because of love he left his throne

And made this earth his home

He did it willingly

For you and me

With heaven left behind

He came to save all mankind

From sin and shame

He could have walked away

But instead he chose

To stay upon that tree

And take a crown of thorns for me

Because of love

Because of love he bore my pain (bore my pain)

Shouldering the blame

Why did he chose to go (he didn