• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

:blink: Sometimes it's not that God does not answer it's just that we don't get the answer we expected.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Welcome Forum to the Looking for Advise Forum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Hi,

I agree with what Serenhu and LadyC have said all good advice.

Will Pray too for you and your family.

Carol R :emot-crying:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree with all here, and I'm praying too.

Just wanted to say, though, I hope you're still seeking medical attention for illnesses and such in your family. It is not showing a lack of faith if you go to the doctor. Please also seek out Christian counselling if there is emotional trauma in your life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

What do we exactly ask God for? Quite often people only turn to GOd and pray for help as a last resort or only for BIG things such as deliverance from illness and poverty. Obviously many of these requests that we pray for are not granted.

Why you are not being healed or having major issues dealt with God only knows.

Of course what one should be doing is to go to God immediately a problem no matter how trivial arises and ask GOd for help to deal with that situation and you will find some amazing minor miracles taking place.

I used to only go to God as a last resort and only pray for the big things, but I learnt to go to God first and pray for anything and give all problems over to GOd. The result has been amazing, when you do this you will see that God does answer prayer and help you in many ways you would be amazed by, One example was that I had a mouse running around the house that I couldnt trap, after a disturbed night with listening to it, I prayed that God make it leave the house or have it killed somewhere where i could find it, barely 20 minutes had gone by, I went upstairs and found the mouse dead on top of the stairs! Once you start to learn to go to God first then the few big things that go unanswered will not seem as depressing anymore.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Thanks to all those praying for me and my family. Please keep them coming! Also for trying to give helpful advice. On the book suggestions, only thing is I have visual problems. I can not read for longer than a letter. But any audio books or sermons on cd suggestions would be much appreciated. Blessings to the body of Christ that's out there! :thumbsup:

Guest Warrior60

turtletwo, greetings to you. I am new to this board. My heart went out to your post and I was moved to respond. Experiencing difficult times earlier last fall I could have easily gave up. Instead I prayed and poured my heart out to my Father for strength and guidance through torrerntial tears. I did not understand the "why" of it all yet I praised Him unceasingly. I have learned that God answers in one of three ways: YES, NO or WAIT. I have also learned that the answers HE gives me may not always be the ones I am searching for yet they are the ones My Heavenly Father knows are best for me at that time. We each have a purpose in this life, He has a plan for each and every one of His children. In each of our struggles,trial and pains that we go through, we do not walk alone. Christ is with us. We are being strengthend for His purpose and His glory. Praise Him continually and ask Him for the strength,wisdom and guidance to see you through your journey and may all you do be to His glory. Remember, in the times that we feel we cannot make another step, it is then that He carries us until we are able to walk again, and even then, HE will Never leave our side.

Psalm 62:8

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."

YSIC

Lee

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Well, if you're looking for audiobooks, I haven't read it myself, but my Sister-in-Law (whose taste in books I consider second only to my husband's, which is saying a lot) was touched by Philip Yancey's "Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference?"

It is avalable from Amazon.com both on CD here and as an audio download here.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Phillip Yancey is great.

I agree with everyone else and am also keeping you in prayer.