IGNORED

getting closer to God after backsliding....

shanee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

well im no master at this stuff yet .... but i did learn something about gettin back closer to God after back sliding really bad....i was so lost and confused in sin and was having trouble feeling that peace that comes from God.....well what i did was read bible and come to this site....and seek good as much as i could...well the peace didnt come over night ,or instantly...i was thinking i was gonna say a prayer or somebody would tell me something that would fix it all....but dont get me wrong lots of people can give good help and you can feel the spirt from what they say sometimes....but what im tryin to say is i really didnt know if i could feel the peace of God again...i thought i had just been to bad(and believe me a was bad :wub: )but after seeking for about 3 weeks,one day i notice something i was feeling peace that i havnt felt im a long time...now i see why they say wait for the lord ....and that he will do it on his time...the way the peace came was really amazing....it seems like it was like devine or something....its like when the peace comes you wont realize it untill a day later or something...well my whole point is dont give up and stuff your mind with bible and God type stuff until he brings that peace back to you ....and Believe me if he brought it back to me he will bring it back to you....and one more thing that was the deepest darkest hole i have ever been in.....just seek and the peace will come :b: o p.s. and if your not saved you need to give God a chance and you will find out about Gods love :):)

Edited by shanee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Amen!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

Praise the Lord :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Welcome Forum to the General Discussion Forum

Guest lmary

I am going thru a similiar experiance...I am a believer.

I was a childrens church coordinater.

A sunday school teacher.

And no matter how far away I feel from God, i always give sound biblical advise!

BUT...........

I have a lot on my plate right now. Have for the past year.

So much , that I was putting things before God and EVERYTHING came to a hault.

Fine! I realized that . (gotta put God 1st) But, it seems everytime I read my bible - it's just words.

I pray - and feel like I'm talking to a wall. I ask God to search me...forgive for what ever it is...

But, am still lonely. Spiritual lonliness !

I am a Christian of about 6 years, I have grown and learned so much. I have had a woderful intamate relationship w/ God...what happend???

I have search the Word, spoke to friends, waited, but why haven't I "come thru" this distance from God?

Please help, I am suffering from this...

Guest lmary

I am new...I thought this was a live chat...

I noticed you have been around here for a bit, and, quite a few posts.

I am seeking christian guidance.

I am reaching out for support.

please review my post and reply.

Pray too.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

To access the live chat go to the blue bar underneath the "Worthy Boards" banner; it says "Christian Forums" on the left, but follow it to the right side of the screen. There it says "Live Chat." Click on that and there you are.

Don't give up, lmary. We all go through desert periods in our lives...I'm still on the healing end of one myself. It takes time. Remember: we can't always trust our feelings. It may feel like you're talking to a wall, but you're not: God hears and He knows the pain in your heart. Give it time, don't give up. Spend some time re-learning the basics: don't expect to suddenly be back where you were before this time. Memorize verses, spend lots of time in prayer and fasting, practice other good spiritual disciplines. We'll be praying.

I am going thru a similiar experiance...I am a believer.

I was a childrens church coordinater.

A sunday school teacher.

And no matter how far away I feel from God, i always give sound biblical advise!

BUT...........

I have a lot on my plate right now. Have for the past year.

So much , that I was putting things before God and EVERYTHING came to a hault.

Fine! I realized that . (gotta put God 1st) But, it seems everytime I read my bible - it's just words.

I pray - and feel like I'm talking to a wall. I ask God to search me...forgive for what ever it is...

But, am still lonely. Spiritual lonliness !

I am a Christian of about 6 years, I have grown and learned so much. I have had a woderful intamate relationship w/ God...what happend???

I have search the Word, spoke to friends, waited, but why haven't I "come thru" this distance from God?

Please help, I am suffering from this...

well im not a master like i said but how i got it back was to seek as much as i could when i could.....it wasnt easy ,i made my self do it....but the next thing i knew i started to feel the light again....if you keep seeking it will happen to you too...and when the peace comes back ,you wont know right when it happened ...you will just know that you feel it.....nobody is perfect....if you mess up every 5 minutes,so what get right back up....i think we have to have a certin amount of spirt in us to feel the peace,that we want...but im sure if you keep seeking it will come to you before you know it...your saved so Gods not letting you go....i bet hes waking you up like he did me :noidea: its really just love

Edited by shanee

I am new...I thought this was a live chat...

I noticed you have been around here for a bit, and, quite a few posts.

I am seeking christian guidance.

I am reaching out for support.

please review my post and reply.

Pray too.

they have live chat here and live prayer....but this is like the boards i think...did you click the live chat button?well anyway im am sure you found a great site...hope two see you around :emot-handshake: o and also praying :emot-pray:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

this is great shanee...

God