• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/05/1976

I'm just wondering... can God speak to us through dreams? :thumbsup: And could you give any Scriptural references that support your opinions. Thank you very much.

:)

:thumbsup:

:cool:

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:20

:wub:

And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Matthew 2:12

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Matthew 2:13

But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
Matthew 2:19

But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:
Matthew 2:22

When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
Matthew 27:19

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Acts 2:27

Cool Study.

I Don't Dream Except For The Bible Occasionally....

Probably Because I Used To Listen To Brothers Teaching That The Gifts Of The Holy Spirit Are Dead.

Boy Are They Ever Off Base - Boy Do I Love Them Dearly.

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Great post as usual, Joe.

I'm just wondering... can God speak to us through dreams?

Yes, but like everything else, we can become too hung up on dream meanings and forget looking to the Lord for answers.

When dreams become an idol(anything can become an idol), satan can slip in and use it as a foothold to control you.

Always check with God, about everything, through prayer and His Word.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

;)

:21:

;)

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:20

And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Matthew 2:12

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Matthew 2:13

But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
Matthew 2:19

But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:
Matthew 2:22

When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
Matthew 27:19

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Acts 2:27

Cool Study.

I Don't Dream Except For The Bible Occasionally....

Probably Because I Used To Listen To Brothers Teaching That The Gifts Of The Holy Spirit Are Dead.

Boy Are They Ever Off Base - Boy Do I Love Them Dearly.

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:b:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes, God speaks to us through dreams (Act 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams)"

Before our youngest son was in the 3rd grade, I dreamed that he was in an accident, had to have surgery, there was a surgical complication

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

yep

God has shown me glimpses of things to come. not enough to say i am being shown the future, but enough to know that I am in good hands..... just as the dream He gave Joseph..... Joseph knew that the outcome of the dream was good.... chances are, Joseph even forgot about the dream, until that is, he had 11 brothers bowing down before him in Egypt....

God has also shown me messages....

things that God uses dreams for....

information,

conviction,

warnings,

salvation,

prophetic,

confirmation,

and if He wants to, He can use them to just say "HI, I Love You"

I have recevied dreams, that a friend(s) of mine was in need of prayer....

i have received dreams of warnings that i needed to change the way i was living (and professing to be a Christian, meaning i was not a good witness)

I have received dreams of instruction, not only in my Christian walk, but also for my every day work.

as whether or not God uses dreams to talk to us, there are some good scriptures already given....

and Yes He Does Still Use Dreams......

mike

I believe the scriptures that state God's Word won't return void and my house will believe on Him.

Isa 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Act 11:14 "Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved."

Act 16:31 "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

He showed Nebuchadnezzar his own demise in a dream. He also showed him the future of the world all the way up past the Roman empire.

I had a "mind picture" of something that was to happen later and did happen. At the time I wasn't sure if I made the picture up myself ( it was fast, in my mind and out, as quick as that)but as it turned out, it was spot on and was definitely from God.