chrisb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Amen Mega....I used to work with a Morman, and he frequently condemned me for being a "general Christian" as he put it. I chose to pray.

my daughter is married to a mormon. there were a few months when he was an infant that i was lucky to get to spend any time with him at all, or with my daughter for that matter, because she was trying to keep the peace with her husband and in-laws. (they still live with her husband's parents.) his parents came to our home one evening when my daughter and their son were having a disagreement, and he'd left her at our home to go get backup. they all arrived, and his parents loudly and insistantly (for even our neighbors to hear, which some did), that they didn't want THEIR grandson anywhere near me and mark, because WE are not "pure" enough.

someone should have reminded his parents that my teenage daughter got pregnant under their roof, not mine.

Stories like this are too common. It is the side you don't see that disturbs me. Mormons are encouraged to marry in the temple and non-mormons (including parents) are told that they come to the reception but not to the wedding(temple) because that is only for Worthy Mormons.

Mormons need prayer. They are not saved. Their theology is completely different from Christianity. Families who have children in the faith also need prayers.

Praying for you and your daughter LadyC

thanks for the prayers. she certainly needs them she. and her husband are moving to idaho to live with other relatives. she will know no christians there.

i wanted to touch on what you said about temple marriages. they tried VERY hard to convince my daughter to have a temple ceremony, as quickly as possible before she started showing. she actually agreed at one point, but then was SO surprised at how excited her (now-) husband got, at how he couldn't wait to tell his parents the good news, she asked him what the big deal was. SHE thought she was agreeing to getting married inside their church. when they finally slipped in the little tidbit of information that none of her family and almost none of her friends would be allowed to attend the ceremony, there was a HUGE fight. she threw such a fit over it, and rightly so. needless to say, they did not marry in the temple.

Unless your daughter was a Mormon as well, and is able to get a temple recommend, they could not, (I don't believe) get married in the temple. You cannot set foot in the temple unless,

A. You are a Mormon, and,

B. You are able to get a temple recommend through the Bishops and your stake.

You are right. I remember that you have to be a Mormon for a year before you can go through the endowment etc.... and 3 months for the baptising the dead. They do change things though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to share this...

so last wednesday we were just starting bible study at this guy's house from our church when some mormons showed up...well that was a God thing because we spent 2 hours talking to them...they may not have agreed with us...but seed was planted that night...

:):emot-highfive::thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have met many mormon missionaries. I have even been to their church a couple of times. I even tried reading the BOOKOF MORMON. they teach that you must be baptized and do good works in order to be saved. But the scriptures say , "Belive in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Acts 16 :32

I have met many mormon missionaries. I have even been to their church a couple of times. I even tried reading the BOOKOF MORMON. they teach that you must be baptized and do good works in order to be saved. But the scriptures say , "Belive in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Acts 16 :32

Do you still go to the Mormon church?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I have a Morman Aquaintence, ironically enough, we have had tiffs so to say.. over doctrinal values... I have researched many denominations, imparticularly close to 'Catholacism, Mormanism, and Jehovah's witness... I have come to the same emotional discernments on all three.. My spirit aches for theirs. You cannot talk to those being blinded.. All three of these , are sadly enough the root of mysticism... The followers I notice are so to say.. seeds sown by the wayside.. They crumble as quickly as they jump to profess their belief.. They have no clue what I am talking about when I speak from scripture.. The Jehovah's witness' however, are a little trickier, for they have been decieved by speculation/interpretation... And we all know there is only one way to interpret 'Gods word....The way 'He meant it , And He meant it exactly as 'He said it! :whistling::whistling: ..I think the main answer here ends with a question.. Are they practicing as outlined from Paul, to Timothy, ... (SEE TIMOTHY&TITUS)... and as Paul says... teaching as I teach everywhere, in every church!.. (1stCor...Be of the same mind and in the same judgement..)This is the base for all church's to be questioning if they are truly in Christ..(Established by ACTS").. Will the followers be led by the blind, which if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch?.. Many of these followers do not even understand the parables.. Jesus taught how to determine if ones eyes are open , or closed to the truth 'BY the parable of the sower... Are these church's sowing good seed? We can decipher this by what we learn, and how we practice, and see them by comparison.. Rev. WARNS!!!!...... about anyone adding to, or taking away from 'God's words, ... I believe if they had a holy spirit they would see the difference.... We must not give up though, only pray & try to persuade by scripture.. If anyone could help me on this issue with Catholacism... advise is greatly appreciated!...

I am only percieving at this point, that we are 'not to argue to the point of disputes'!(1stCor.)

Well, I don't know much about JW theology, admittedly, but...

Whoa. Let's not go lumping Mormons, JWs and Catholics in the same bunch.

Catholics are Christians.

(I am a Catholic, and I don't feel my spirit "crumbling.")

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I have a Morman Aquaintence, ironically enough, we have had tiffs so to say.. over doctrinal values... I have researched many denominations, imparticularly close to 'Catholacism, Mormanism, and Jehovah's witness... I have come to the same emotional discernments on all three.. My spirit aches for theirs. You cannot talk to those being blinded.. All three of these , are sadly enough the root of mysticism... The followers I notice are so to say.. seeds sown by the wayside.. They crumble as quickly as they jump to profess their belief.. They have no clue what I am talking about when I speak from scripture.. The Jehovah's witness' however, are a little trickier, for they have been decieved by speculation/interpretation... And we all know there is only one way to interpret 'Gods word....The way 'He meant it , And He meant it exactly as 'He said it! :whistling::whistling: ..I think the main answer here ends with a question.. Are they practicing as outlined from Paul, to Timothy, ... (SEE TIMOTHY&TITUS)... and as Paul says... teaching as I teach everywhere, in every church!.. (1stCor...Be of the same mind and in the same judgement..)This is the base for all church's to be questioning if they are truly in Christ..(Established by ACTS").. Will the followers be led by the blind, which if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch?.. Many of these followers do not even understand the parables.. Jesus taught how to determine if ones eyes are open , or closed to the truth 'BY the parable of the sower... Are these church's sowing good seed? We can decipher this by what we learn, and how we practice, and see them by comparison.. Rev. WARNS!!!!...... about anyone adding to, or taking away from 'God's words, ... I believe if they had a holy spirit they would see the difference.... We must not give up though, only pray & try to persuade by scripture.. If anyone could help me on this issue with Catholacism... advise is greatly appreciated!...

I am only percieving at this point, that we are 'not to argue to the point of disputes'!(1stCor.)

I guess during your extensive "research" you somehow failed to learn how to spell Roman Catholicism. :whistling:

sw

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I have a Morman Aquaintence, ironically enough, we have had tiffs so to say.. over doctrinal values... I have researched many denominations, imparticularly close to 'Catholacism, Mormanism, and Jehovah's witness... I have come to the same emotional discernments on all three.. My spirit aches for theirs. You cannot talk to those being blinded.. All three of these , are sadly enough the root of mysticism... The followers I notice are so to say.. seeds sown by the wayside.. They crumble as quickly as they jump to profess their belief.. They have no clue what I am talking about when I speak from scripture.. The Jehovah's witness' however, are a little trickier, for they have been decieved by speculation/interpretation... And we all know there is only one way to interpret 'Gods word....The way 'He meant it , And He meant it exactly as 'He said it! :24::24: ..I think the main answer here ends with a question.. Are they practicing as outlined from Paul, to Timothy, ... (SEE TIMOTHY&TITUS)... and as Paul says... teaching as I teach everywhere, in every church!.. (1stCor...Be of the same mind and in the same judgement..)This is the base for all church's to be questioning if they are truly in Christ..(Established by ACTS").. Will the followers be led by the blind, which if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch?.. Many of these followers do not even understand the parables.. Jesus taught how to determine if ones eyes are open , or closed to the truth 'BY the parable of the sower... Are these church's sowing good seed? We can decipher this by what we learn, and how we practice, and see them by comparison.. Rev. WARNS!!!!...... about anyone adding to, or taking away from 'God's words, ... I believe if they had a holy spirit they would see the difference.... We must not give up though, only pray & try to persuade by scripture.. If anyone could help me on this issue with Catholacism... advise is greatly appreciated!...

I guess during your extensive "research" you somehow failed to learn how to spell Roman Catholicism. :24:

sw

You're going to have plenty of ammo if you just attack spelling errors. How about dealing with issues instead of making fun of a guy for a misspelling?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I have a Morman Aquaintence, ironically enough, we have had tiffs so to say.. over doctrinal values... I have researched many denominations, imparticularly close to 'Catholacism, Mormanism, and Jehovah's witness... I have come to the same emotional discernments on all three.. My spirit aches for theirs. You cannot talk to those being blinded.. All three of these , are sadly enough the root of mysticism... The followers I notice are so to say.. seeds sown by the wayside.. They crumble as quickly as they jump to profess their belief.. They have no clue what I am talking about when I speak from scripture.. The Jehovah's witness' however, are a little trickier, for they have been decieved by speculation/interpretation... And we all know there is only one way to interpret 'Gods word....The way 'He meant it , And He meant it exactly as 'He said it! :24::24: ..I think the main answer here ends with a question.. Are they practicing as outlined from Paul, to Timothy, ... (SEE TIMOTHY&TITUS)... and as Paul says... teaching as I teach everywhere, in every church!.. (1stCor...Be of the same mind and in the same judgement..)This is the base for all church's to be questioning if they are truly in Christ..(Established by ACTS").. Will the followers be led by the blind, which if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch?.. Many of these followers do not even understand the parables.. Jesus taught how to determine if ones eyes are open , or closed to the truth 'BY the parable of the sower... Are these church's sowing good seed? We can decipher this by what we learn, and how we practice, and see them by comparison.. Rev. WARNS!!!!...... about anyone adding to, or taking away from 'God's words, ... I believe if they had a holy spirit they would see the difference.... We must not give up though, only pray & try to persuade by scripture.. If anyone could help me on this issue with Catholacism... advise is greatly appreciated!...

I guess during your extensive "research" you somehow failed to learn how to spell Roman Catholicism. :24:

sw

You're going to have plenty of ammo if you just attack spelling errors. How about dealing with issues instead of making fun of a guy for a misspelling?

Its not the spelling errors that were the focus of my "attack". When someone ignorantly lumps Catholics with Mormons and JW's after saying how they have researched what they believe they need to be hooted off the stage.

sw

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

sw

Its not the spelling errors that were the focus of my "attack". When someone ignorantly lumps Catholics with Mormons and JW's after saying how they have researched what they believe they need to be hooted off the stage.

sw

Then deal with the issue by talking about it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No Natt, I don't still go to the Mormon church. And I'm very positive that I never will again, Mormons have never been anything but nice to me, but I could not follow beliefs that Undermine Scripture.