BrotherJohnf

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

The thread is about women pastors and that is what we have been discussing. Like I said before you can't really be taken seriously if you believe that those verses refer only to a specific woman. If that is what you saying and apparently it is, then that is perhaps the most ludicrous thing I have seen on this site and that covers a lot.

sw

agree.

Im under the impression that people take Christianity and shape it to where it's going to please the majority of society.

you capture the major by bending the rules a little.

you cant please everyone in this world.

Chrisitianity was looked down on 2000 years ago and it will get looked down on today if Christians accept what it says.

So true. People prefer their own worldly agenda to God's word. The gospel itself is foolishness to those who are perishing. Even the half empty churches are symbolic of the unbelief that pervades this world. Women pastors are a mockery of Christ and display the lengths that the world will go to shape the faith to what they desire it to be rather than be transformed by the renewing of their minds.

sw

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

i think oprah would make a good pastor.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Women pastors are a mockery of Christ

I may be pressing the issue here, but I would like to know what you base this on. In what way to female shepards mock Christ. Do you have a Scripture for that?

Exactly, an unbeliever who wants to do things her own way - typical woman pastor.

I may be pressing the issue here, but I would like to know what you base this on. In what way to female shepards mock Christ. Do you have a Scripture for that?

The pastor stands in the stead of Christ. In case you have not noticed, Jesus was a male. As long as we are playing show me a verse, show me one that alters 2000 years of Christianity and now says women are allowed to be pastors.

sw

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  167

So why did he changed from plural (vv.8 & 9) to singular?

Because he is setting himself up to argue from the order of creation in which there is one man and one woman who, in Paul's argument, function as the prototypical man and woman.

-Neopatriarch

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Ezekiel 22

29The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

30And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

God has always looked for a man to be an intercessor. It's a man.

knowing some people here theyre going to nit pick it and say mankind. geeez...lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

So why did he changed from plural (vv.8 & 9) to singular?

Because he is setting himself up to argue from the order of creation in which there is one man and one woman who, in Paul's argument, function as the prototypical man and woman.

-Neopatriarch

Thanks for giving an answer. At least you gave one. That's real dialouge in that it address what I'm saying/asking rather than jumping somewhere else! So then my next question could be, IF Paul means 'all women' by 'a woman' (and for all time by 'I do not allow'...) because of the reason you give above then '13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.', means what? So based on those satatements, also I'd ask, what is Paul linking Adam being created first to? And I'd also ask, what is Paul linking Eve's creation after Adam to? What has he ACTUALY linked the order of creation to in those verses, 13 & 14?

Too I'd have to ask, how does 'they' (original Greek, like 'a woman') come into play? What is Paul saying about 'a woman' (meaning 'women' according to you) by v.15? 'She' (original Greek whci refers back to 'a woman' which stands for all women according to what your saying) will be saved through ...if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.' He can't say that 'she' will be saved through...if women continue in faith....etc. because that is grammaticaly impossible.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  166
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

Exactly, an unbeliever who wants to do things her own way - typical woman pastor.

just funnin with you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

let me clear this up

Good idea. :)