• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

While I was posting the above, so was Massorite, and I see he has put it far better.

When I see it plainly put like that, it is obvious:

Beast = money

Mark of the beast = Mark of the worship of money

Scripture says that you cannot serve two masters.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTS, Do you ever tear yourself away from reading about conspiracy and big brother news long enough to read your bible. You seem to be. to me anyrate, be anti govt in every country on the globe. You seem to have this phobia, that all govts are out to get you.

;) Gasp! eric, you mean you don't believe that they are?

Well you're just not paying enough attention, then, are you? :o:wub::taped::24::24::24::mgcheerful:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Buck, There's no place I can't go there's nothing I can't say, there's nothing I can't do that I couldn't do 60yrs ago. Now there are a lot of places That I wouldn't want to go and things I wouldn't want to see, because of the scum bags that aren't kept under control by the authorities.

I don't like any govt any more than you do, but our current gov't, which I hope is in it's last term, pay me enough in pension to allow my wife and I to live comfortably. apart from doctors fees we get our precription meds free. My lawns are cut, courtesy of WINS. I have five thousand bucks worth of hearing aids, courtesy ACC....but I'm not going to lose any sleep by worrying about any form of ID card that I have carry about on my person.

Sure some people get shafted, but you win a few and you lose a few. Now what is going to happen in the future, has already been ordained by God. In certain areas, the church is apostasising as The bible said it would. and the anti christ, which I believe is not a person, but a system will emerge in God's timing and will herald the NWO. That will be the time to worry......if you are not a well and truly born again christian.....As for me.....I sleep like a log in my nice cosy little bed and leave the Lord to sort things out. Either way I consider myself a winner. :laugh:

cheers, mate.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,838
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Buck, There's no place I can't go there's nothing I can't say, there's nothing I can't do that I couldn't do 60yrs ago. Now there are a lot of places That I wouldn't want to go and things I wouldn't want to see, because of the scum bags that aren't kept under control by the authorities.

I don't like any govt any more than you do, but our current gov't, which I hope is in it's last term, pay me enough in pension to allow my wife and I to live comfortably. apart from doctors fees we get our precription meds free. My lawns are cut, courtesy of WINS. I have five thousand bucks worth of hearing aids, courtesy ACC....but I'm not going to lose any sleep by worrying about any form of ID card that I have carry about on my person.

Sure some people get shafted, but you win a few and you lose a few. Now what is going to happen in the future, has already been ordained by God. In certain areas, the church is apostasising as The bible said it would. and the anti christ, which I believe is not a person, but a system will emerge in God's timing and will herald the NWO. That will be the time to worry......if you are not a well and truly born again christian.....As for me.....I sleep like a log in my nice cosy little bed and leave the Lord to sort things out. Either way I consider myself a winner. :laugh:

cheers, mate.

Eric....all kudos to you, Sir :wub:

.....But you never visited your 'Birthday' Thread.....

Naughty, naughty :wub:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

~Sweety Cakes~ Don'tcha lust love Ted? Birthday thread?? Never heard of it. I did get some PMs from dear friends and some on forums, but a dear sister, so I have heard let the cat out of the bag as I have never had my birthday known before. And I did acknowledge the friendly greetings to those who conveyed them. My most humble apologies to those I missed.

Areyou really a sweetie cake? :o

Sure some people get shafted, but you win a few and you lose a few. Now what is going to happen in the future, has already been ordained by God. In certain areas, the church is apostasising as The bible said it would. and the anti christ, which I believe is not a person, but a system will emerge in God's timing and will herald the NWO. That will be the time to worry......if you are not a well and truly born again christian.....As for me.....I sleep like a log in my nice cosy little bed and leave the Lord to sort things out. Either way I consider myself a winner. :thumbsup:

cheers, mate.

eric My remark about "you're not paying enough attention" was just "tongue in cheek", honest. I wasn't "taking a dig at you". It's just my weird sense of humour. :emot-highfive:

However, I have to remark on some of the things you said (but really, I'm not being personally horrible, it may come across that way, but I try not to :emot-highfive: ). You reckon that things haven't really changed that much as far as freedom is concerned in 60 years, well 60 years ago the politicians were part time and had real jobs, businesses or farms as well, but somehow managed to "run the country" just the same. There were a lot less of them too, as there were bureaucrats in general. Don't fall for the old "the population has increased so government needs to increase" excuse, as NZ's population hasn't increased by THAT much. And you could legally write articles or cartoons ridiculing parliamentarians 60 years ago, now Helen has legislated against it. Also you could legally "correct" your children 60 years ago, Helen has made sure you do just what she tells you now. 60 years ago you could go hunting just about anywhere - now DOC has poisoned a lot of areas with 1080. But really, saying the changes made by (just this) government would take all night.

One thing I simply MUST say though is that NEITHER THIS GOVERNMENT NOR ANY OTHER PAYS YOUR PENSION, you paid taxes all your life and this is what has paid for your pension. The government has no money of its own, it only has what it takes from the people.

Your lawns are not cut "courtesey of WINZ", someone is paid to cut them from the taxes that you paid all your life. This is an entitlement, not a magnanimous gesture by the government.

And as for the hearing aid, that is also an entitlement. ACC is the most greedy government department there is. They have millions of OUR dollars invested in overseas companies and squander millions of dollars a year on staff bonuses, gifts for senior bureaucrats depending on how many injured people they can get off their books by refusing to pay them, and lavish offices and "personal alarms" for staff (gee, I wonder why bureaucrats would need "personal alarms" when they're 'working' - oh, I guess it is a measure of how popular they are).

The rest of your post. Well, yeah, I may as well admit it, I pretty much agree with you. I just believe in "exploring options" and "discussing all possibilities". :emot-highfive:

Also I just can't help myself and just have to post messages about ID cards and things like that, it's in my nature. (See "World news" for proof) :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

We just need a place to hide with three and a half years of food, water, paper towels and toilet paper and just skip out on it all.

Wal-Mart?

:thumbsup::24::)

Bucko, I realise that the handouts I get now are paid for by all the taxes I've paid for in the past and still paying on some amenities, but it has to be legislated by someone or it would be a fiasco. The fact remains we have to have a govt and good ones aren't available. We, the voter put them there, but in this mickey mouse system, people are becoming politicians because they are on the list when some else drops out or is sacked.

Sorry, this is a christian site not a political one so I will back off.

have a nice day Buck,

cheers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

4And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns wereten diadems, and on his heads wereblasphemous names. 2And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like thoseof a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3And I sawone of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followedafter the beast; 4and they worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?" 5And there was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies; and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him. 6And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7And it was given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him. 8And all who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyonewhose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain. 9If anyone has an ear, let him hear. 10If anyone is destinedfor captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

NASB

Take note that this has to happen befrore the mark of the beast comes about. The mark could be just about anything that would show a persons allegience to the beast (dragon). I don't see any reason to worry about it until the first beast raises it's ugly head.

We just need a place to hide with three and a half years of food, water, paper towels and toilet paper and just skip out on it all.

You are right, of course. This comes before the bit about the MOB, in the Bible. But do we necessarily have to take this as meaning that the beast will rule and become the antichrist before imposing the MOB?

Anyway, quite apart from this and assuming that the antichrist has to be in a ruling position (or it may not be obvious to the people on the earth that the "beast" does actually exist as such and fulfills what was foretold in Rev. 13) I think it is pretty obvious that the beast will use what is already in place to impose his mark.

Why should we make it easy for him?

I did not ever say that I thought anything specific was actually the MOB. I don't know what form the MOB will take (if I have to guess I rather favour the ID card, it seems the most likely option from my point of view, now, but I MOST CERTAINLY could be wrong about that). However, I believe that we should take great care not to embrace any system that makes things easier for the eventual reign of the beast, anything that might - just might - be a lead-up to the MOB.

I am saying also that we should have no trust in something that is entirely "of this world". We should put all our faith in God's word and nothing else.

Anyway, there are thousands of other reasons to resist anything that is intrusive or controlling or likely to "track" us, number us, brand us or enslave us, without even thinking of the MOB. How can we live to glorify God if we are not entirely free?

Actually Buck in Revelation 2:17 the verse says several things but the part I would like to draw attention to is the part where it say "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna," Here the word "hidden" is used to speak of that which is hidden from our sight or something that is unnoticed". Thanks to Jesus there is nothing hidden from us. Everything that He had is available to us. Except of course real manna and the word manna in this verse is speaking of just that. The same kind of bread from heaven that God fed the Israelite's when they were no longer able to depend on the things of man while they were in the desert. You see we will be protected from certain stuff like the people of God were protected from the plagues. When there were frogs in Egypt there were no frogs in Goshen. When the water turned to blood in Egypt the water in Goshen tasted sweet. When there were flies in Egypt there were no flies in Goshen and so on. And when the angel of death came it was the blood of the Lamb that saved the people of God.

We might not escape persecution for the name of Christ but God will feed us just like He did for His people in the desert.