• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Wouldn't it be nice, Giaour, if everything was written down? I'd like to read THAT book.

Maybe some day, in Heaven, we'll be able to read/watch everything Jesus ever did. That would be awesome.

:24:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

How nice indeed!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof... If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :emot-hug: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :huh:

God has ordained the canon of the Bible as it exists. No comment need be made of any other "book."

While I would totally agree with that statement, Ovedya, that question then becomes: "by what authority do you determine what that canon is?"

Recently, I attended a lecture on this very subject given by Gary Michuta who has authored a book based on his extensive reaearch.

Here are some points to consider:

1. In 132 AD, Rabbi Akiba ben Josef led the 2nd revolt against the Romans. The Christians, who were still ethnic Jews, refused to join him, because he declared the leader of the revolt, Simon Bar Cochba to be the promised Messiah. They would have nothing to do with this apostasy.

2. In approx. 380 AD, Pope Damasus commisioned Jerome to translate the Latin Vulgate. He went first to the Greek texts. But then went to the Hebrew texts. However, and this is a BIG however, the available Hebrew texts were those adopted under Rabbi Akiba WHO HAD REPUDIATED EVERYTHING CHRISTIAN INCLUDING THE GOSPELS AND SOME OF THE OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS , more specifically those referred to by some as "Apocryphal.

3. The full canon, including the "Apocryphal" books was reaffirmed by the Councils of Hippo and Carthage in 393 and 397 AD respectively.

4. It was not until 1830 that the Deuterocanonical ( or "Apocryphal") books were expunged completely from Protestant Bibles. In fact, in 1518, Luther quoted Sirach and Tobit as Scripture!

More after I finish reading Michuta's book.

Peace,

Fiosh

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof... If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :th_handshake: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :th_wave:

it is said that the books that would have brought the count up to 80 books, are good for historical value, but are (as was said above) not God inspired, God breathed.....

i have read the book of Enoch, interesting reading.... also the book of Jubalee....

there are others that are included in with the Catholic Bible. some are good reading..... and have value all their own, but again, is not God inspired, God breathed.....

mike

I would like to know if ayone has an opinion about The Angel Scroll, Books of Enoch, and Maccabees... What are your opinions, with the Bible warning about people with ithching ears who will heap up for themselves false teachers, and references to beware of heresies thereof... If anyone has read these books, What do you think, And if you wouldn't go near them, then why??? Do you think they could be a part of the 'Eplosion of Knowledge in end times, or another great deception...? After all,, I'm wondering if I missed the explination of what John heard in the 7 thunderings, but was told to seal till the appointed time, as well as his being told to he would again return to prohesy,.... Which immedialtey after comes the explination of the 2 witness's to return.. Any thoughts??? :th_handshake: (Rev.) ...I believe mind you, that the 2 witness's are Enoch, and Elijah for they were taken up and have not yet died the physical death, which the2 witness's do!... :th_wave:

it is said that the books that would have brought the count up to 80 books, are good for historical value, but are (as was said above) not God inspired, God breathed.....

i have read the book of Enoch, interesting reading.... also the book of Jubalee....

there are others that are included in with the Catholic Bible. some are good reading..... and have value all their own, but again, is not God inspired, God breathed.....

mike

Who determined the canon of your Bible?

I've read morning devotionals that were "God breathed". I heard the voice of God in some of those books and no man or king can tell me otherwise. I should hope there are other people out there willing to think for themselves as well and not bow down to a dead King James just because everyone else is doing it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Recently, I attended a lecture on this very subject given by Gary Michuta who has authored a book based on his extensive reaearch.

1. In 132 AD, Rabbi Akiba ben Josef led the 2nd revolt against the Romans. The Christians, who were still ethnic Jews, refused to join him, because he declared the leader of the revolt, Simon Bar Cochba to be the promised Messiah. They would have nothing to do with this apostasy.

2. In approx. 380 AD, Pope Damasus commisioned Jerome to translate the Latin Vulgate. He went first to the Greek texts. But then went to the Hebrew texts. However, and this is a BIG however, the available Hebrew texts were those adopted under Rabbi Akiba WHO HAD REPUDIATED EVERYTHING CHRISTIAN INCLUDING THE GOSPELS AND SOME OF THE OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS , more specifically those referred to by some as "Apocryphal.

3. The full canon, including the "Apocryphal" books was reaffirmed by the Councils of Hippo and Carthage in 393 and 397 AD respectively.

4. It was not until 1830 that the Deuterocanonical ( or "Apocryphal") books were expunged completely from Protestant Bibles. In fact, in 1518, Luther quoted Sirach and Tobit as Scripture!

Peace,

Fiosh

[/quot

Interesting!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Peace,

Fiosh

[/quot

Interesting!

Hooray Fraught. Good info. But I must state again. We must be very careful when reading books that have been taken out of the bible. Some of them were removed for good reason. The recently publicized book of Judas is a prime example of a book that removes the deity of Christ and leads it's readers to believe that Christ did not die on the cross (unless I am mistaken) had a marraige and a family and was just an ordinary man with a great idea.

Edited by Massorite

Same with the books that teach Jesus and Mary M. were "companions" and always together. I found them uninspiring and hard to bite.