Guest nosoulleftbehind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I have read the book of Enoch and it blessed my heart. I have also read the Apocryphal books and I must say that when one reads these book one must read with his heart.

I can say that my research has told me that the book of Esdres or Esdras were actually written by Ezra but I wouldn't state that as a teachable fact. But I will say that the books of Esdras state that he was taken up by God. So I searched the book of Ezra for a record of his death and found that there was no biblical record of the death of Ezra. Interesting isn't it? Most people don't know it but even the book of Hebrews was removed and reincerted into the new testament over the last 1500 years more then a few times.

There are also 6 books mentioned in the bible that are not in the bible. That to is interesting isn't it?

Your right...Jude did quote from the book of enoch. I have read the book of enoch and I think I still have it in my library. I think for the most part the book of enoch was not included into the cannon, due to its scacity and the fact that it has several differant volums in which all have not been clearly validated as from Enoch the prophet himself. I do believe much if not all of it was from Enoch the Prophet. I think it is very much in line with the bible. Another thing is that we have no specific record of where Jesus directly quoted from the book of enoch. Where as Jesus directly quoted much of the Old Testimenat. One important fact, is the Book of Enoch was also found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. That should carry some weight.

I do recommend it as very good spiritual reading...but not sure if I can say if the entire collection is God Inspired.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I have read the book of Enoch and it blessed my heart. I have also read the Apocryphal books and I must say that when one reads these book one must read with his heart.

I can say that my research has told me that the book of Esdres or Esdras were actually written by Ezra but I wouldn't state that as a teachable fact. But I will say that the books of Esdras state that he was taken up by God. So I searched the book of Ezra for a record of his death and found that there was no biblical record of the death of Ezra. Interesting isn't it? Most people don't know it but even the book of Hebrews was removed and reincerted into the new testament over the last 1500 years more then a few times.

There are also 6 books mentioned in the bible that are not in the bible. That to is interesting isn't it?

Your right...Jude did quote from the book of enoch. I have read the book of enoch and I think I still have it in my library. I think for the most part the book of enoch was not included into the cannon, due to its scacity and the fact that it has several differant volums in which all have not been clearly validated as from Enoch the prophet himself. I do believe much if not all of it was from Enoch the Prophet. I think it is very much in line with the bible. Another thing is that we have no specific record of where Jesus directly quoted from the book of enoch. Where as Jesus directly quoted much of the Old Testimenat. One important fact, is the Book of Enoch was also found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. That should carry some weight.

I do recommend it as very good spiritual reading...but not sure if I can say if the entire collection is God Inspired.

Good recommendation Jedi4. There is a web site where the book of Enoch can be copied. Or at least that is where I got it from. It is ( www.ccel.com) A Christian Classics Ethereal Library.

Did you know that the name "Jedi" is in the bible and it is one of the names of Solomon? Look it up.

Edited by Massorite

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

To Fiosh: I don't know how I ended up attached to your post - it was purely Accidental !!

To Massorite: I'm afraid my foot is in my mouth again and you're going to need to amend your statement to "Hooray Fiosh" !

To All reading this: My only reply to this thread was the very intelligent one word rely to Fiosh's post: "Interesting"!

:whistling::blink::emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

To Fiosh: I don't know how I ended up attached to your post - it was purely Accidental !!

To Massorite: I'm afraid my foot is in my mouth again and you're going to need to amend your statement to "Hooray Fiosh" !

To All reading this: My only reply to this thread was the very intelligent one word rely to Fiosh's post: "Interesting"!

:emot-giggle::emot-giggle::emot-giggle:

That is quit alright Fraught. We all insert foot and chew vigorously from time to time.

Hooray! Fiosh.