• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Fovever,

Take a Bible and do a study on hell and the lake of fire.

See if it seems like a place you would like to take a 50-50 chance on ending up.

If you do, it will be because of pride.  Humble yourself under Jesus and He will exalt you.

About time I was threatened with eternal damnation. Thank you! :)

there was no threat of damnation in that post. it was an observation that you are willing to take a 50/50 chance of ending up in hell, and that if you DO wind up in hell, pride will be your fall.

no threat there, and no condemnation... just plain observation. perhaps you're seeking condemnation to justify your disbelief in God?

p.s.... that's just a question.

To me, it sounded like a threat of damnation. If that wasn't intended, I apologize.

To answer your question, no, I am not seeking condemnation. I don't need to justify my lack of belief in a diety. Let me ask you something, and if it sounds rude, I didn't intend it, and I apologize. Why do you think that everyone must have to believe in god, even if they say they don't? Why do you think we all have this desire to? I can tell you right now, I don't Why do you think I need a god? I don't need a diety. My life is perfectly fine without one. Remember, I don't intend to be rude. They are just questions. :)

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I don't Why do you think I need a god? I don't need a diety. My life is perfectly fine without one.

Hmmm. Right now, (at this particular moment) you feel pretty invinsible and don't need a God. That's normal. Been there; done that.

However, there will come a time when you'll find yourself in a situation where suddenly you'll be crying out to God ....and time when you're humbled and defeated...and despite your pride, the last bit of "fight" in you has crumbled.

God knows how to get your attention. He knows that you can't perceive Him because you live in spiritual darkness. Things which are spiritually appraised seem like foolishness to you. That's understandable.

It will be made clear and revealed to you if you reach out in sincere and earnest desire to know what's true.

If you're only interested in defending what you've been "taught", then you're no better off than people who passively accept Christianity without having challenged it and studied it with a fire and passion to truly understand.

I don't buy into this passive acceptance.

I never accepted Christ because "somebody" gave me a little talk and we did the "altar call'.

Nope.

It happened because I wrote a letter to God and I wanted Him to tell me personally if he was real.

He did.

If you ever want to know how this happened, I'll tell you privately. I've never posted my testimony publically but will share it privately if someone asks.

I hope you get to know him in the same way I have - better now than later...believe me!

There WILL come a day when every knee shall bend and every mouth will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Better to confess this now than later.

As for me, its already been decided. I know who I'm kneeling NOW and ...not later on.

I sense that someday, you will also. But is will take time and exposure ...and a lot of fellowship.

You may be stubborn but you're also open to discussion, which is impressive. There's hope. You are digging your heals in yet saying in essence, you're open to learn about other people's ways.

Okay...I'll go with that.

As long as you're open to listen, then youve come to the right place.

I'll be happy to tell you (privately) my testimony (from Atheist to Christian) if you ask. I will share it privately; I've nver posted it publically. If you're interested, I'll tell you.

Your friend, Cats..

Why do you think that everyone must have to believe in god, even if they say they don't? Why do you think we all have this desire to?

i don't think everyone has to believe in God. i also know that not everybody has a desire to. i just don't understand why you keep coming to this, and apparently other, christian boards, and why you seemed to be expectant of being condemned.

I can tell you right now, I don't Why do you think I need a god? I don't need a diety. My life is perfectly fine without one. Remember, I don't intend to be rude. They are just questions. 

that's where you are wrong. you may not believe in God, and you have every right not to. but that doesn't mean you don't need God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Archaeopteryx the ancestor of all birds? Perhaps yes, perhaps no: there is no way of answering the question. It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favoured by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way to put them to the test."

Again, Colin Paterson on Archie.

Quotes DO mean squat. Patterson is a leading scientist who questions the very existance of transitionals. If you have a great imagination, sure they exist.

If the so-called true transistionals DO exist, there is a number problem. There are only a thousand out of billions of fossils. There should be more transistionals - WAY more.

I'd like to see a picture of what you believe is the most convincing transitional. Just one. I've been asking this for quite awhile now. (Earlier in the thread you posted three, but I'd like one and I'd like a picture) Please explain what species they think the chosen transitional is inbetween, otherwise we won't be able to tell. I've been asking for this for quite awhile now. Just one and a picture please. Or, tell me what it is and I'll try to find a picture and post it for all to see and examine.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

My. my, my!

Fovezer!!

I see you have been busy while I have been away!

I haven't read everything posted here, just a few things at the beginning of this thread and a few things at the end.  I DID notice you hold a PhD in evolutionary Biology.  Impressive.  I have a secret for you, my friend.

*i don't even have a college education........yet*

Please don't say anything to ANYONE!!  People think that I am intelligent....I kinda like that feeling! :P

Anyway.

It is great knowing where you are coming from.  How have you been?  I see you have been answering and talking about the very same things you were before I left.  I see that pretty much zero ground has been gained by way of direction in this coversation.

I have a question for you.

Do you know a fellow named Philip Johnson?  I know you know Michael Behe.  I am almost certain how you feel about them, but I would like to ask anyway, just for the sake of conversation.

Anyway, I am glad I am back and that YOU are still here!  This means that we can continue our discussion!!!!!

YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

~serving Christ in faith

I don't hold a PhD. i was being sarcastic :)

Great to see have come back. Our topic has fallen off the front page. Feel free to revive it or start a new one whenever you want! Now I can have someone who understands where I am coming from to discuss things like this. So, where have you been all this time?

Philip Johnson? Don't think I've heard of him. I may, but have forgot.

I thought you were being sarcastic......Because my next reply would have called you out on the floor by citing your doctor's thesis. :o

....Pretty easy to misrepresent yourself on the internet, isn't it?

Guest shadow2b
-I thought you were being sarcastic......Because my next reply would have called you out on the floor by citing your doctor's thesis. :) 

....Pretty easy to misrepresent yourself on the internet, isn't it?

-GMAN--YOU meen we have a certy-fyied- Doctor of phlosophy on these hyaRr boards thets beena

-MIS-rep-ree-sen-tiyn hisself tu usses allya thiys hyaRR tyime??OHHHHH-LAWWWWWZZZZYYYYY---

-LAAAAWWWWWZZZYYYYY--mur-cee----that's--WeLLLLLL, thet's jes dee-spicck-a-bul-- :oww:

-I'Msa jus A-ghast--horry-fiyed-- :wac: stuyn-dedd--Izsa yuu sho thyis ainta jes a ruuu-moore?lurking1.gif

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i was being sarcastic

-I thought you were being sarcastic......Because my next reply would have called you out on the floor by citing your doctor's thesis. :)

So you think that all of a sudden *poof* we are here, and Adam and Eve are living in this garden with talking snakes and the like, is "wise"? Sounds like fairy tale to me! This shows it should be taken allegorically, not literally.

No. Nowhere in Genesis will you find the word "poof." :)

Have you ever wondered what Moses would have said if you had told him the creation story was allegorical? You probably would find more Orthodox Jews today that agree with you than 5,000 years ago. The point is, you do not know what the intention of the Genesis story was, so what's the point of telling us?

By the way, *Poof* is not the way Adam and Eve were created. Adam was formed out of the dust of the earth (99% of the elements that compose the human body are found in the earth too), and Even was built from a rib taken from Adam's side.

Guest shadow2b
-I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me.- :)  :)

-awwwww shukins GMAN--thet's jes plumm dis-corry-giyn--GMAN--inn-crime-en-ate-edd??

-IZsa jes plumm loss-t-edd nowe :blush: Gman--A cry-min-nauL--turry-bul---jes turry-bull--ohhhhhhh

-meee--ohhhh-myyy-NO-mo-Gman-no mo--it's a sahd--sahd-dayedarkcloud.gif