• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Need to be more specific.

I totally REJECT MACROevolution which is the theory that all life evolved from one form to another (i.e. fish to reptiles, reptiles to birds, apes to man, etc.). Any form of it, whether it be theist evolution or so-called "progressive creationism" (which really is just theist evolution of another name to me), I reject! MICROevolution where like different species of dogs, for example, or cats is more plausible and PROVABLE than the macro scale evolution.

Why do I believe in creation? Even before I got saved, evolution just didn't make any sense to me. After I got saved, it made more sense to accept that "God spoke and there was" than to accept over millions of years, this is how life occurred. Seems evolution's whole purpose is to deny God and I want NO PART of anything that denies the True and Living God.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

ahhhh, athiest, well that explains it. what do i mean by we continue to evolve? how much explanation do you need? evolution is a continual process as we adapt to changes in environment etc, but earth and its inhabitants didn't evolve from nothing. it was created.

funny, i've never found genesis 1 and 2 to be contradictory. i'm not interested in any articles you may post, but perhaps you could show me some scriptures in the two that contradict themselves.

I was wondering if you only meant small changes, or ones on a larger scale. Your right, adaptation is a part of evolution. Evolution has been observed, and the evidence for it is overwhelming. Remember too, evolution does not deal with the origion of life. That is abiogenesis.

What's wrong with posting an article?

Psssst....I'm an atheist.

Fovezer, if you are an atheist why are you concerned at all about the Bibical account? Is it because you have some unanswered questions, doubts about your existence?

If I could show you that Genesis 1,2 is correct, scientifically that is; in that the world is 6000 years old would you believe in the Bible as the Word of God.

Blessings

I am not worried about genesis at all. I am just trying to show that it could be meant to be allegorical, that is all. Remember, I am not here to try and deconvert you, just to open your eyes to science.

If you can prove a theory that was disproven over 150 years ago by Christian creationists, no less, then by all means do.

Need to be more specific.

I totally REJECT MACROevolution which is the theory that all life evolved from one form to another (i.e. fish to reptiles, reptiles to birds, apes to man, etc.). Any form of it, whether it be theist evolution or so-called "progressive creationism" (which really is just theist evolution of another name to me), I reject! MICROevolution where like different species of dogs, for example, or cats is more plausible and PROVABLE than the macro scale evolution.

Why do I believe in creation? Even before I got saved, evolution just didn't make any sense to me. After I got saved, it made more sense to accept that "God spoke and there was" than to accept over millions of years, this is how life occurred. Seems evolution's whole purpose is to deny God and I want NO PART of anything that denies the True and Living God.

Congratulations, your last sentence would offend a majority of Christians! Repeat this after me: Evolution is not atheism, evolution is not atheism, evolution is not atheism. Got it? Good. You can still accept evolution and believe in a god at the same time. Maybe the reason you didn't understand evolution was because you never studied it, and "Goddidit" was just more convienent? Also, think of "macroevolution" as simply "microevolution" over millions of years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Fovezer -

I was just wondering if you had read the link I posted on a different thread?

The Fish Wars

Hey, Fovezer -

I was just wondering if you had read the link I posted on a different thread?

The Fish Wars

Wow. Very nicely written. I suggest everyone read it. It shows how one can accept evolution and God. I like it a lot, and will bookmark it and show it to other YECs.

ahhhh, athiest, well that explains it. what do i mean by we continue to evolve? how much explanation do you need? evolution is a continual process as we adapt to changes in environment etc, but earth and its inhabitants didn't evolve from nothing. it was created.

funny, i've never found genesis 1 and 2 to be contradictory. i'm not interested in any articles you may post, but perhaps you could show me some scriptures in the two that contradict themselves.

I was wondering if you only meant small changes, or ones on a larger scale. Your right, adaptation is a part of evolution. Evolution has been observed, and the evidence for it is overwhelming. Remember too, evolution does not deal with the origion of life. That is abiogenesis.

What's wrong with posting an article?

nothing wrong with posting an article fovezr... just that i have no interest in reading something that contradicts the Bible, and i imagine most of the Christians on this board lack the interest as well... so it would be a waste of your time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I do not accept it. Why? The second law of thermodynamics.

Another reason? It is impossible to create something (ie. the universe) out of nothing. Sure, you could argue that the material existed to form the universe. But you cannot answer the question, "Where did that material come from?" And when pressed continually for an answer to the further question, the only conclusion you can possibly come to is that God created everything, whether by construction or by cause of construction.

nothing wrong with posting an article fovezr... just that i have no interest in reading something that contradicts the Bible, and i imagine most of the Christians on this board lack the interest as well... so it would be a waste of your time.

So you won't read something just because you don't agree with? Even if it could be true, you won't read it? How strong is your "faith"?

I do not accept it.  Why?  The second law of thermodynamics. 

The second law in no way AT ALL applies to evolution. This, no offence, shows how little you understand about evolution. The second law only applies to closed systems. Evolution is not a closed system. We get energy from the sun, right? An outside source? That is why the second law is not valid here.

Another reason?  It is impossible to create something (ie. the universe) out of nothing.  Sure, you could argue that the material existed to form the universe.  But you cannot answer the question, "Where did that material come from?"  And when pressed continually for an answer to the further question, the only conclusion you can possibly come to is that God created everything, whether by construction or by cause of construction.

Whoa whoa whoa. What does the Big Bang and cosmology in general have to do with evolution? Nothing. At all. Evolution only deals with the first cell and up. Not the Big Bang, and not abiogenesis. Anyways, just because science can't answer that question "Where did that matter come from?", it doesn't automatically mean a god did it.