• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Fovever,

Take a Bible and do a study on hell and the lake of fire.

See if it seems like a place you would like to take a 50-50 chance on ending up.

If you do, it will be because of pride.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Quote:

To answer your question, no, I am not seeking condemnation. I don't need to justify my lack of belief in a diety. Let me ask you something, and if it sounds rude, I didn't intend it, and I apologize. Why do you think that everyone must have to believe in god, even if they say they don't? Why do you think we all have this desire to? I can tell you right now, I don't Why do you think I need a god? I don't need a diety. My life is perfectly fine without one. Remember, I don't intend to be rude. They are just questions.

Well I've got some good news for you. It is written by The God who created this universe with the words of His mouth that every knee is going to bow and every tongue is going to confess that He is Lord. So you might just as well start getting used to the idea, as I believe that time is getting short.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

Fovezer,

Hello, friend! Sorry it takes me a few days to respond to you and add anything new to our talks, but life is moving forward if I am on these boards or spending it with my wife. I choose to spend as much time with her as I can!! I am sure you understand. I also wanted to give you a few days to research Philip Johnson. I noticed you didn't mention Michael Behe. I am sure you know him as one of the forerunners for the work he has done in molecular biology. I think it was him that coined the phrase "Intelligent Design." But to the best of my knowledge, him (Michael Behe), Philip Johnson, and a man named Lee Strobel are the most well respected scientists/lawyers/journalists that argue for Creation. Actually, they argue against evolution (Michael and Johnson) and Strobel has written two books, "A case for Faith," and "A case for Christ." I highly recommend those two books.

Strobel was a legal editor for the Chicago Tribune. He recieved a Masters in Law at Yale. I would like to continue our talks with discussions on some of the work these gentlemen have done and continue to do. It may be a few days before I get back here, but as always, you are free to email me if you have something for me that can't wait.

As before, I will only respond to messages that are dealing with the topics we are talking about. Feel free to respond to anyone you wish, but I can only follow one conversation at a time, and the time I have is precious to me. That time would be best spent staying on track. I look forward to picking up our talks. I truely enjoy them, as I enjoy listening to what you have to say.

Until the next time....

~serving Christ by faith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

No.  Nowhere in Genesis will you find the word "poof."  :noidea:

Have you ever wondered what Moses would have said if you had told him the creation story was allegorical?  You probably would find more Orthodox Jews today that agree with you than 5,000 years ago.  The point is, you do not know what the intention of the Genesis story was, so what's the point of telling us?

By the way, *Poof* is not the way Adam and Eve were created.  Adam was formed out of the dust of the earth (99% of the elements that compose the human body are found in the earth too), and Even was built from a rib taken from Adam's side.

Do you know the intention of the Genesis story? I don't think so. So you would rather have had Moses write out all about evolution and abiogenesis and have the people of the time understand it? Do you think they could have understood it? I highly doubt it. The intent is just to let you know that you were created special.

And we are 99.6% similar to apes. Your point? What does our compisition have to do with anything? That figure supports abiogenesis, too.

Well I've got some good news for you. It is written by The God who created this universe with the words of His mouth that every knee is going to bow and every tongue is going to confess that He is Lord. So you might just as well start getting used to the idea, as I believe that time is getting short.

Your belief. Not fact. Stop passing it off as such. These threats are pointless.

Fovezer,

Hello, friend!  Sorry it takes me a few days to respond to you and add anything new to our talks, but life is moving forward if I am on these boards or spending it with my wife.  I choose to spend as much time with her as I can!!  I am sure you understand.  I also wanted to give you a few days to research Philip Johnson.  I noticed you didn't mention Michael Behe.  I am sure you know him as one of the forerunners for the work he has done in molecular biology.  I think it was him that coined the phrase "Intelligent Design."  But to the best of my knowledge, him (Michael Behe), Philip Johnson, and a man named Lee Strobel are the most well respected scientists/lawyers/journalists that argue for Creation.  Actually, they argue against evolution (Michael and Johnson) and Strobel has written two books, "A case for Faith," and "A case for Christ."  I highly recommend those two books.

Strobel was a legal editor for the Chicago Tribune.  He recieved a Masters in Law at Yale.  I would like to continue our talks with discussions on some of the work these gentlemen have done and continue to do.  It may be a few days before I get back here, but as always, you are free to email me if you have something for me that can't wait.

As before, I will only respond to messages that are dealing with the topics we are talking about.  Feel free to respond to anyone you wish, but I can only follow one conversation at a time, and the time I have is precious to me.  That time would be best spent staying on track.  I look forward to picking up our talks.  I truely enjoy them, as I enjoy listening to what you have to say.

Until the next time....

~serving Christ by faith

Hello again! Take your time responding. I'm in no hurry. I've been rather busy lately, so my replies may come slower, too.

I have heard of Behe, and he did coin "Intelligent Design", I have heard of Strobel, and I looked up Johnson.

Johnson has no background whatsoever in evolutionary biology, and uses manipulation of words and data to try and disprove evolution, so he is not really qualified to be a source against evolution. Here is a crtique of him. He is also not a YEC, as he says here: "The word 'creationist' has been turned by the media into a very specialized word: it means a young-earth, six-day, Biblical literalist. In that sense, I'm not a creationist. However, the concept of creation can mean simply that we are here as the result of a preexisting intelligence which planned our existence for a purpose--whether through instantaneous creation or 4.6 billion years of gradual development, to which you could attach the word 'evolution.' The length of time and the nature of the mechanism is not the key issue. It's whether there's an intelligence and purpose behind our existence--or our existence is random and accidental. I'm on the former side of that, and if that's creationism, let them make the most of it." - Philip Johnson

Behe's "Intelligent Design" idea is is the same thing as Creationism but it sounds more "scientific". The whole premise of it is that the biochemical systems of the human body are so complex, that only a god could have created them. I don't like thinking like that, because that is, essentially, giving up. You're (not you literally) saying, "Since we don't know how this formed, it must have been god". Here is a critique of his work by a fellow biochemist.

Strobel, I know of his books, but he doesn't discuss evolution, or at least I don't believe he does.

I understand only being able to respond to the relevent questions, and I also have said I will only repond to posts dealing with evolution. I look forward to having another civil, intellectual discussion with you, as I also enjoy them. :t: :noidea:

Do you know the intention of the Genesis story? I don't think so.

fovezer, i hardly think any of us care to hear what an athiest "knows" about the intention of the genesis story.

These threats are pointless. 

you keep accusing people of making threats. not one person here has uttered a single threat toward you. time IS getting short... whether you're athiest or not, surely you are aware that we are not long for this world? one of two things will happen in our generation... either the world as we know it will be destroyed, or we will die. time is short. that's no threat, it's not even an "opinion" based on our faith. it's a fact. why do you keep taking everything so personally?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And we are 99.6% similar to apes.

I thought it was chimpanzees.