• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Fovezer:

Regarding Archie:

Evolutionists aren't even sure of what you consider your most convincing transitional is even an ancestor of..... birds or maniraptora????

Here's an article regarding further problems.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2003/0...28feathered.asp

Ummm... evolutionists agree that archaeopteryx is a descendent of a small dinosaur, most likely the maniraptora. It is the the ancestor of birds.

You complain how I only post Talk Origins, which I don't, and all you post is AiG! They sure are trustworthy! :laugh:

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...equilibrium.asp

On PE. In any case, this theory was devised because there was evidence lacking. Whether you like it or not.

AiG doesn't know what is talking about. Read the link I posted. From an encyclopedia. It WAS NOT created because evidence was lacking. That is what creationists say, not scientists.

Fovezer: What happened to your theory that 'quotes mean squat"?

Two good quotes I think you will agree with:

"If sound science appears to contradict the Bible, we may be sure that it is our interpretation of the Bible that is at fault." Christian Observer, 1832, pg. 437

"Christians should look on evolution simply as the method by which God works." Rev. James McCosh, theologian and President of Princeton, 1890

This quote brings up a very interesting question regarding the very simple concept concerning

We adapt we do not evolve. Scientists have their money in making theroies that they usually cannot prove. Look at carbon dating. It is a failure. Cloneing is insane. I have actually stopped eating most meat for fear of contamination. Milk drinkers ger a lot of puss in the milk they buy thanks to scientists coming up with all these steroids and things to inject into cows to make them produce faster. Causing the cows infections. Even Darwin became a Christian before it was all over. To reject creation is to call God a liar.

Ummm.... adaption=evolution. It's all the same. Carbon dating is very accurate WITHIN ITS LIMITS. Creationists like to work with is outside of its limits. They manipulate it. Darwin never recanted. That's an urban legend. To reject what science has found and accept YEC is calling a god liar, because you are saying that god is decieving us because the evidence points to old earth/evolution, when the earth is really young.

The earth is a sphere

(Isaiah 40:22).

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

I think this better supports a flat earth. A circle is 2 dimensional. It is not a sphere. And a tent? a tent has to be place on flat ground...

Creation made of invisible

elements (Hebrews 11:3).

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I don't think this is referring to atoms...

Light moves

(Job 38:19,20).

Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof, 20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

This isn't about light moving. You could also say that this supports that darkness moves, then.

Air has weight

(Job 28:25).

To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.

This is also pushing it...

Even if some of the previous prophecies were general you have to admit they are true. If you look at the history behind Israel becoming a Nation you will find that it literally happend in one day. You must also agree that there has been turmoil for centuries in the middle east.

I dont want you to think that i am ignoring your discussion about evolution. Its ok to ask questions and search... you wont go to hell for thinking God created the world by using evolution.. although im sure people will disagree with me... but you will face judgment for the you transgression if you do not put you faith and trust in Christ. I personally dont think he did because like i said i dont see it in the text. But its ok to disagree on somethings... However the fact that Jesus was the Son of God, lived a sinless life and died as the perfect sacrifice in our place and rose again on the third day cannot be compromised.

The prophecies could be applied to many different things, so I guess they could be true, just like Nostrudamus. It didn't take one day for Israel to become a nation. It took hundreds of years, but it "officially" became a country on one day, because have you see a country that has more that one date for becoming a country? Also, unlike you, I do not see a god, or the need for one.

[quoteI would like to suggest something... maybe you already have plans to do so... If you would go see the Mel Gibson movie "The Passion". I havent seen it yet but i have heard that it is very acurate. I am sure that there are some dramatic things that have been added and maybe somethings that didnt happen exactly as they did in history but Roman Crucifixtion was extremely painful and bloody... whether it happend exactly as the movie portrays or not the fact of the matter is it happend. If i could just ask you to go watch it and put all the controversy out of you mind, all the "I dont think that happend" thoughts and just keep this in mind... If it is all true then the painful death on the cross was for you... im not saying this to play with your emotions.. i know its going to be an emotional movie... wait until the day after if you want and think about it but keep that thought in mind.

I think ive said this already but ill say it again.. im not doing this to prove a point, to win and arguement or to kill time... im doing this because i care about you. Youve probably heard that before and i am telling you i really mean it. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord, and one day every one will give an account of everything they have done... in public and in secret... Some will have Christ and enter into an eternity of peace... some wont and will enter into and eternity of Judgment... I dont want that to happen to you... or anyone... the reality is that some will go to hell.. i would hate to see that happen because they spend their time arguing over the little things while the biggest most important thing passes them by... please understand that i am speaking to you from my heart.. . at least go see the movie and check out the scripture that i gave you... thanx

Guest isaac

in regards to the scientific facts...quite frankly it doesnt matter what you think...

not to be offensive, but like you have said this is open to interpretation and yours could be wrong... however it can be argued. Im not posting these saying they are absolutely stating fact.. just that the point can be discussed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Fovezer: Your post confused me.

In summary, the features of the living platypus, and the evidence available from its scanty fossil record, are both consistent with the idea that it has evolved from primitive mammals which still had many reptilian characteristics.

This was from talk origins that you posted regarding the platypus.

My response was:

What about the bird-like features???

Do you realize the 'transitionals' , scanty as they are, are almost identical to the modern platypus?

Just because Talk origins has an answer, doesn't mean it's a good one. Is that why you post the link? Do you hope I won't actually read it?

You didn't read your own quote very well.

In summary, the features of the living platypus, and the evidence available from its scanty fossil record, are both consistent with the idea that it has evolved from primitive mammals which still had many reptilian characteristics.

There, I fixed it. So what is if archaeopteryx has a scanty fossil record? That doesn't mean all species have a scanty one. The fossil record in general is very strongly supporting of evolution.

Then you reposted the quote. I'm still not understading. And you mention archeopteryx also having a scanty fossil record.

You told me the most convincing transitional was Archie, but you do admit that the fossil record is scanty?

Fovezer:

Regarding Archie: (in another post i errored.

Evolutionists aren't even sure of what you consider your most convincing transitional is even an ancestor of..... birds or maniraptora????

Here's an article regarding further problems.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2003/0...28feathered.asp 

You answered

Ummm... evolutionists agree that archaeopteryx is a descendent of a small dinosaur, most likely the maniraptora. It is the the ancestor of birds.

I got the information in the first sentence from a link you posted I believe. Anyway, here's a quote from the site. I didn't get this bit of info from AIG at all.

It has long been accepted that Archaeopteryx was a transitional form between birds and reptiles, and that it is the earliest known bird. Lately, scientists have realized that it bears even more resemblance to its ancestors, the Maniraptora, than to modern birds; providing a strong phylogenetic link between the two groups. It is one of the most important fossils ever discovered.

Here's the full link. It's not from a Christian site at all. It's probably an evolutionist site. So just to set the record straight, AIG did not error here, I did.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...equilibrium.asp

This again is the site regarding PE. I think you might like part of it, where they actually commend the founders of PE.