IGNORED

Evolution - Do you accept it or not?

Fovezer

Guest LCPGUY
Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

I didn't read all 28 pages of posts here, so if this has already been said, excuse me.  It seems to me two things spell the absolute death-knell for any gradualist schema:  1. The fact of sexual reproduction, and 2. Evolution's inability to explain how the impersonal gave rise to the personal.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

Fascinating comment :b:

There is so much evolution can't explain that it is a wonder that any thinking person still believes in it. And believe me, it takes far more faith to believe in evolution than in God's Holy Word!!!

For they have gathered around themselves false teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear.

Sad - but true.

Welcome Leonard!

In His Love,

John

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I am very sorry for not posting lately. I have been very busy.

People dont see the need to wear a seat belt until they or someone they love are in a car accident. People dont see the need to stop smoking until they are in a hospital bed on oxygen with emphezema. Just because you dont see the need doesnt mean you dont have the need. im sure you have heard this before... have you ever seen your brain or your kidney.. . are you sure its there? You see the effects of it.. read Romans 1... God has revealed himself in nature.. you simply choose not to see it.

Bad examples. As you have said, you can see and measure the effects of your example. You cannot see or measure a diety. I also don't "choose not to" see it. Maybe I don't see it because it is not there?

Have you seen evolution of animals... you see displays in a museum but have you seen it... do you see it now... not adaptations... but things actually changing from one species to another. Not in micro-organisms but in large animals... you dont understand your need for God because you dont understand the problem of sin in mans life...

Yes, it has been observed.

I am impressed that you actually looked up the references i gave you. not many people do that.

I do my best! :b:

Stand in the middle of a highway and believe there are no cars... it doesnt make any difference...

You can see cars, but not god. Bad example.

i think the reason you dont see the need for God is because you do see your need but you are too proud to say that you have been wrong. you dont want to change your life style.. you dont want to think that you are going to be held accountable for your actions... you dont want to take responsibility for your actions.

No, I will take responsibility for my actions. I know I will be held responsible for my actions, but I don't believe the is a god. This has nothing to do with belief in a god. Denying god, which you have posted an example of, is not the same as not believing in one.

what about the passion did you think was horrible... the fact that it was bloody... was it too graphic? Was it horrible aesthetically? Or was it horrible because you didnt like knowing that God put himself through that torture for you?

It was a really bad movie all around. I think it concentrated to much on Jesus' beatings rather than his supposed miracles. It was very anti-Semetic. Gibson portrayed the Jews as an angry mob hellbent on crucifying Jesus.

And you just want to deny it... i am sure there is another issue plaguing you.

Yep, your right! :b::t2::b:

Evolution is just the curtain to cover up the truth.

I am not an atheist because of evolution. It is irrelevant.

Satan has so blinded you with small, insignificant issue. I dont say this to belittle somthing you are so passionate about. Like i said it doesnt matter if you want to believe God created the world through evolution. But you have put that in place of God and taken Him completely out of the picture.... can i ask you this question... do you have a problem with any other religions? Have you ever used the name of buddah in vain? Why do you think people say Jesus Christ as a curse word?

Blame it on Satan now! :b: Again, I am not an atheist because of evolution. I didn't want this to get into a atheist/theist type of argument. I only meant for this to be about evolution. People say Jesus Christ as a curse word because Christianity is the prevelent religion in America, that is why.

I am done with this post now. I don't want to get off track. I felt I had to respond somewhat because you typed so much!

Then you reposted the quote. I'm still not understading. And you mention archeopteryx also having a scanty fossil record.

You told me the most convincing transitional was Archie, but you do admit that the fossil record is scanty?

I emphasized a part you missed in the quote, about it only referring to archaeopteryx. The reason the record is scanty is because birds bones are small and hollow, so they don't fossilize as well.

Birds

Here's something I found regarding polls of Ohioan scientists. EIGHT percent are against teaching evolution in schools. That's a very significant number.

http://ecology.cwru.edu/ohioscience/

92% is much more signifigant...

Artsylady, if you want to repost some of your previous questions that I missed, feel free to, and I will answer them now. I don't have to time to go post by post and answer all your questions.

WHY doesn't thermodynamics apply to evolution? Could you show me that post, there are too many pages here and I don't read that fast.

Do you agree that the evidence of the actual data from the fosil record only shows that animals go extinct?

I equate the loss of useable information with the increase of disorder. Is that not what the law of thermodynamics dictates?

Thermodynamics don't apply because they only apply to closed systems, which the earth is not, because we receive energy from the sun, so it is an open system Simple as that.

Nope. The Cambrian Explosion is the perfect example of new species emerging.

Evolution is not a science, but is a religion, a false religion. My pastor used to be a scientist,and he said that any honest scientist would tell you that evolution is impossible,and DNA proves it. He preached a sermon on creation a little over a year ago, and if an athiest would have happened to be there to hear that sermon, he or she would have left knowing there is a God who made it all,or at least have second thoughts about evolution. Charles Darwin on his death bed even admitted he was wrong about evolution,and he was quoted as saying, "what a fool I've been" I guess when it was time for him to face the Creator God himself, he realized the foolishness of evolution. It is taught in the public schools, and it totally denys God,and robs him of his glory. What's history without his story? Evolution is of the devil,and I like what verse 20 of Romans chapter 1 says. I used to work along side with an athiest, and I was trying to explain to her the foolishness of it in a kind and gentle way, but I don't think she believed me. I still pray for her.

Evolution is not a religion. It requires no faith, has no thing it worships. It doesn't fit any definition of religion. It also says nothing about god. You pastor lied to you then. Big time. No "honest scientist" will say evolution is false or impossible. Only creationists say that evolutionists say that. I have heard all the usual YEC "evidence", and it is all false and a bunch of lies easily disproven. I probably would have gotten a good laugh at that seminar, then. Charles Darwin NEVER RECANTED. That is an urban legend. Evolution doesn't deny god. It has no say about god!! Maybe if you tried and learned about evolution, maybe you'd actually understand it!!

FOVEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We obtain morals from society. If society says it is OK to kill, people will. If society says it is wrong, it is wrong. We go on what our society says, which is why morals around the world are different. If there was no religion, the world wouldn't be a scary place. It would function just like it is now. I understand that you cannot think of a world without a god, but then again you were never an atheist.

Ok, here is exactly what I'm talking about. Number one, I was once an atheist and can easily imagine a world without God. Don't make to many assumptions about us Christians, no one is born Christian. Number two, what you've said here is that there is no ACTUAL right or wrong, which is what Evolution does say. It says there was no transcendent cause, and so there is not a transcendent ethic, yadda yadda I've heard all your posts about theistic evolutionists. But that

Are Our Children Being Taught Lies Regarding Evolution in School? ( Article )

- by Dr. Kent Hovind

Well, my name is Kent Hovind. I was a high school science teacher for 15 years. I earned my Ph.D. in education. And now, since 1989, I

Guest stangler

QUOTE (vrspock @ Mar 4 2004, 03:19 PM)

QUOTE (stangler @ Mar 4 2004, 05:45 PM)

Then how do you reconcile the Contradictions in the Bible?

There are none.

Amen to that brother!!!

John "

Luke chapter 24 6 to 9

John chapter 20

They "historicaly" contradict eachother in that they do not agree the order of events. Not to mention every story about the tomb is different in some way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Evolution is not a religion. It requires no faith, has no thing it worships.

I tend to think it is religion like. It's almost as if the intellect of humans is worshipped - ie - "I'm way too intelligent to believe in God".

The followers belong to groups and fervently defend their beliefs. They liken the belief in God to a fairytale, yet spend their lives fighting against this 'fairytale" which makes no sense. I think if one decided there was no God, and truly there was no God, they would not feel this burning need to fight it all of the time, all of their lives. Most athiests were once Christian too, so it makes even more sense that they have a deep need to fight it.