None

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Dimitri went to Mormon areas on a speaking tour. This is what he had to say about the teachings of the mormons. The passage was written in February 15, 2001.

In the course of his speaking tour, people were continually asking him what he thought of the Book of Mormon and of the current President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ezra Taft Benson. He said that President Benson was a very good man. It seems he was shown to him in a dream or something. And after he had occasion to read the Book of Mormon (a condensed version translated into Romanian), he then proclaimed essentially the following to each of the groups he addressed.

"People are always asking me if I have read the Book of Mormon and what I think of it. Yes, I have read it, and yes it is the word of God, like the Bible is. My question in reply is, Why aren't you following it?!!"

That always thrilled the audience, as they agreed whole heartedly that the Mormon culture in general does not appreciate what a treasure the Book of Mormon is, and the powerful witness it bears of Jesus Christ, and of the gift of salvation wrought by him.

He was wrong about the book of mormon. What else is he wrong about. I take his other words with a boulder of salt.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

When I read what he said God, or the angel of God, told him, it didn't seem 100% true. Anything that isn't 100% true, isn't from God. He said things that could be true, depending on how you look at it, and God has been known to work this way(ie:parables) but it seems like fame consumed him. That can cause a blockage in some people's relationship with God and therefore cause inaccuracy. I believe he did his best, though, all in all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Dimitri went to Mormon areas on a speaking tour. This is what he had to say about the teachings of the mormons. The passage was written in February 15, 2001.

In the course of his speaking tour, people were continually asking him what he thought of the Book of Mormon and of the current President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ezra Taft Benson. He said that President Benson was a very good man. It seems he was shown to him in a dream or something. And after he had occasion to read the Book of Mormon (a condensed version translated into Romanian), he then proclaimed essentially the following to each of the groups he addressed.

"People are always asking me if I have read the Book of Mormon and what I think of it. Yes, I have read it, and yes it is the word of God, like the Bible is. My question in reply is, Why aren't you following it?!!"

That always thrilled the audience, as they agreed whole heartedly that the Mormon culture in general does not appreciate what a treasure the Book of Mormon is, and the powerful witness it bears of Jesus Christ, and of the gift of salvation wrought by him.

He was wrong about the book of mormon. What else is he wrong about. I take his other words with a boulder of salt.

I had not heard that about him. Thanks for the for, if it is correct. The times I heard him he came down heavy on the worldliness of the US church.

LT