IGNORED

Physical Death - where do we go from here?

Chiquita

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

This is completely anecdotal, but a friend of mine was with her Chrstian father when he died.

Just minutes before he died, he claimed he was in two places at once. He told his wife and daughter that he was in perfect peace. He could still talk to her and her mother, but at the same time said that he was standing in heaven. He told them that heaven is was something that defied human description and that he could see Jesus and started talking to Jesus and with that, he completely passed over. All of that took place in the space of just a few minutes.

What a wonderful testimony! And even if it IS anecdotal, it has about it the ring of truth. What a comfort it must have been for his wife and daughter.

We (my mother and brothers) sang all my father's favourite hymns as he slipped away to be with the Lord. He wasn't conscious most of the time, but on the few occasions when he came round, he let us know how much he loved for us to sing, and also asked us to read to him from the Bible. On one occasion when I was on watch at his bedside on my own, he came round and called me by name and asked me to sing the old choruses to him before slipping back into unconsciousness. I was amazed at his clarity of thought and speech for that moment, because he had meningitis and severe brain irritation which made him quite irrational and delerious when he wasn't unconscious. He is now safe in the arms of Jesus, and although we still miss him, we are comforted in our knowledge that he is with the Lord and that we shall meet again.

Ruth

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0