IGNORED

Physical Death - where do we go from here?

Chiquita

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

John 3:13 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

when a saint dies, he or she goes to heaven. to be absent from the body, is to be present with the lord!

when a saint dies, he or she goes to heaven. to be absent from the body, is to be present with the lord!
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:)

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:14

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Chiquita,

Just read last night on another forum where a fellow was promoting this doctrine of "soul sleep". After reading what he wrote I did a little reading for myself.

For your consideration, some folks take literally, rather than as a "figure of speech", passages in the Bible that the dead are "asleep", such as in:

Acts 7:59-60

And they went on stoning Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60 And falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" And having said this, he fell asleep.

And in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

However, upon reading the following passages in the Bible I come away understanding that the soul of the departed is not "asleep".

Matthew 17:1-4

And six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and brought them up to a high mountain by themselves. 2 And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Luke 16:19-31

"Now there was a certain rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, gaily living in splendor every day. 20 "And a certain poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores,21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores.22 "Now it came about that the poor man died and he was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried.23 "And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom.24 "And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue; for I am in agony in this flame.'25 "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.26 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.'27 "And he said, 'Then I beg you, Father, that you send him to my father's house - 28 for I have five brothers - that he may warn them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'29 "But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them,'30 "But he said, 'No, Father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!"31 "But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.'"

Luke 23:40-43But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 "And we indeed justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." 42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Philippians 1:21-25

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. 23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

2 Corinthians 5:1-9

For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven; 3 inasmuch as we, having put it on, shall not be found naked. 4 For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed, but to be clothed, in order that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. 6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:thumbsup: chin I died and was right there,and I was not a christian yet but reading the word of God. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

:emot-hug: chin I died and was right there,and I was not a christian yet but reading the word of God. :emot-hug:

Shalom Patricia,

I'm sorry, but if you were not born-again, I highly doubt that you were in the presence of the L-rd Jesus in Heaven.

Matthew 18

2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

:noidea: chin I died and was right there,and I was not a christian yet but reading the word of God. :)

Shalom Patricia,

I'm sorry, but if you were not born-again, I highly doubt that you were in the presence of the L-rd Jesus in Heaven.

Matthew 18

2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

it is true though> I was nineteen and up there

Our fathers voice resounds, is loud and yet not deafening. Hey satan is up there accusing the saints is he not? He is not saved. I am p.m you cos there is no more room on the thread and I do not know how to start a new one. I had absolutely no medication in me so they cannot say it was the drugs. I was clinically dead, In Icu a long ,very Long time. I was not to live past 24 hrs. I was half paralyzed and have residiual but to look at me you would not know. It is part of my testimony. If you know how to get this posted please do so. :wub: patrish i see I got it on there....yea..!!!

Edited by patricia1