Alright...I'll just admit it...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

A head covering....to symbolize people over me?

Nah. I had a funny feeling you were going to imply something along those lines...or say something of the matter that we as women should be under someone else. XP

But I have God to be over me. Isn't that enough?

Actually, I don't recall saying anything about people over you per se.

I am a widow, so I don't have people over me. I wear a headcovering. Not because my church teaches it (in fact, they don't - I stand out like a sore thumb), but because one night I was praying and it was cold, so I grabbed the first thing that came to hand (a blanket) and threw it over me. And it was like a light bulb went on - This is what I had been looking for!

And yes, I am exceedingly weird - just ask my kids! :huh:

But anyway, like I said at the start, this is something that popped into my head as I was reading your OP. I don't know why. It was just a suggestion from me, for whatever it may be worth to you.

:emot-pray:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

When I think of head coverings I think of putting ashes on your head in shame, as they did in the Bible days when they were repentant. It also could symbolize humility, which is a good thing, always nice. But we are to be a testimony and reflection of Jesus to others on a daily basis.

Psalm 89:15

15)Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.

It's one thing to be humble of heart before the Lord; but, to walk around like a symbol of continuous humility is hypocrisy and brings no glory to God, only the person.

Not saying anyone here does that, just what head coverings remind me of.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

ALionessinGod

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/04/1953

:):) No advice from me. We have very different personalities so I won't pretend I know how you feel or know how to fix all of your problems. This is one time I am glad I am not a deep thinker because you bring up a lot of things that are difficult to sort out!

I WILL pray for you. For your understanding. For your peace of mind. For your own personal joy. No advice. Just love.

I hope you find the answers you need. :huh:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/23/1985

Again...thanks for your help and advice. I think I've come up with a way to control my anger in the chatroom...sometimes just stepping out and cooling off for a few minutes seems to help...

But I seem to be getting angry about something or another every day. At work I don't get so fed up...I think it's because of the friendly atmosphere there...and I'm getting paid for that kind of work.

Isn't it not normal to get angry about something each day? Or to be so quickened to anger? Even if it's something petty....?

I even find myself getting angry when someone tries to give me advice or gently says I'm doing something wrong. I don't even know why it is...but I just can't stand being told that I'm wrong about something...and then my brain just translates it into "they're just being bossy and pushy."

What's worse is if someone's in charge...there's not a thing I can do about it...regardless of whether or not they're right...since they hold a position of authority...I think more than anything else...this frustrates me the most.

This could also be why I have a problem with men being head of the household...that means I have to submit a position of authority to them...if I do that I don't think I could see them as an equal or even feel like he loves me...and I feel like I'd have to do what he said no matter what even if it was wrong...

*sigh* Honestly...I don't think I'm getting any better no matter how hard I try. :24:

Note: Nevermind. I understand why this was moved now...and it seems I can post in the upper room now. Yay! :emot-hug:

Edited by ALionessinGod'sPride

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

I'll see if I can post in the upper room. I haven't tried yet.

I will keep praying for you. It sounds to me as though you have a low self-image and are looking for the approval of others. You mention getting defensive and angry; needing to be "right". This is often a sign that you somehow think you are "wrong". (Arm chair psychology -- no degree -- just guessing). For myself, there were two cures for that. You mentioned in your other e-mail that you love God and are a Christian. One thing that helped me get past wanting the approval of others was to realize that God loved me more than anybody else could. Since there was no way any person I knew could match God's love, then there was no use trying to win their approval -- which left me free to love them with no strings attached. I'm long-winded, and I hop you don't mind, but I'd like to share a prayer and Bible verses with you (a) to show you how much God loves you, and (b) because I do not want you to take my word for it.

Thank You, God, the Father, for creating me to be here and now for a purpose only I can do at this time and place. Thank You for creating me with spiritual gifts and talents to fulfill your purpose

<saves that one to notepad>

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1975

I suppose you are right Gabrielle. (Maybe you can PM me that link?)

Again I appreciate everyone's advice...

Funny thing about the therapists I saw though. One said I COULD have OCD. Another said that I could have GAD or OCD...but then seemed to disregard it and thought I was "normal."

Pssh. Well I know I have bad anxiety problems...but I also have anger issues.

The Prayer Journal might be an idea...

I'll try to keep everyone's ideas in mind...

Not sure about praying to God thanking him for Monkies though XP

OCD or GAD, don't know what those are but you do have G-O-D.... more common than you think :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I don't mean to insult you...it's just...atheists and atheism give me the willies and so do evolution that seems to support it.

:24::24::24:

I had to learn (and am still learning) that I am how I am for a reason!! And you are how you are for a reason!!! God says you are fearfully and wonderfully made. And you're young. You're growing. I hope you won't condemn yourself but that you will train your gift. Do you realize how much righteous anger has accomplished thru-out history? I used to get very passionate and stride about the room ranting against injustice but after a few years of certain persons telling me to calm down, I finally did and now i know i was wrong to calm down to such a degree. all that energy wasted. it is my life's biggest regret.

anger can be used for good and without giving offense. i really look forward to seeing your rising star in the future.

BTW in regards to the head covering issue: On a particularly grumpy day, i could actually see myself putting on a hat just as, say, a reminder :huh:

Edited by Fraught

I pull up my hoodie when I haven't been exactly pleasing to God and am feeling ashamed...or if I'm upset about something.