• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Ephesians 5:28

In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Ephesians 5:33

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband

John 13:34

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Ephesians 4:2

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love

How wonderful it is to live and love someone who is a Christian and who loves our blended family according to the teachings of the Lord. We celebrated 12 years of married life together last month. What a blessing God has given us. Praise God!! God does want us to have happiness, joy and respect in our lives. He is so good. :taped:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

I get it now, I get it now. "Till one messes up" (yes, it's ALWAYS the OTHER one, right?) VS. "Till death do us part." I personally will choose for myself the Savior's declaration, "Let not man put asunder." It's integral to what Jesus said about His Own lasting relationship with His Own Bride, His Holy Church on earth. He said: "I'll never leave thee nor forsake thee!" AMEN!

LOL, "till one messes up"

That's the way it seems to some people. "I'm just not happy in my relationship" etc..

The word is clear. You're right!

"Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for any reason?"

"It was not that way from the beginning"

"I hate divorce says the Lord"

"Therefore what God has joined together let no man put asunder"

"The two shall become one flesh"

"For this reason they will leave their mother and father and cleave to one another"

"But I say to you, That whoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery: and whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery."

What about the Samaritan woman who Jesus said,, "Go get your husband" she said, "Sir I have no husband" He said, "That's right"

She was married 5 times, and the only one that was or could've been was her original husband.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I get it now, I get it now. "Till one messes up" (yes, it's ALWAYS the OTHER one, right?) VS. "Till death do us part." I personally will choose for myself the Savior's declaration, "Let not man put asunder." It's integral to what Jesus said about His Own lasting relationship with His Own Bride, His Holy Church on earth. He said: "I'll never leave thee nor forsake thee!" AMEN!

The use of "I will never leave thee of forsake thee" is attributed to Jesus by the writer of Hebrews 13 and is not in context of Jesus and "His bride" AT ALL. Using the church/marriage analogy is a time honored flaw...because it is just an analogy. Like always, it is just an example to break a point down into understandable basics. Trying to tie all marriages under God is just as ridiculous as trying to say that ALL churches are the bride of Christ.

You also failed to mention in your splice and dice of scripture that the "Let not man put asunder" is specifically refering to marriges that God has put together. Certainly you are not going to claim that God is responsible for ALL marriages.

I'll kindly thank you to show me how I've done anything other than blame myself for my failed marriage...I have NEVER blamed the "other one" inspite of the fact that I am biblically supported in doing so. It seems your only purpose on this thread is to cast judgement by using out of context, mix-n-match patches of scripture.

That's the way it seems to some people. "I'm just not happy in my relationship" etc..

Who said that??? Name one person on this thread that has said that!

I'll answer for you... No One!!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Ephesians 5:28

In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Ephesians 5:33

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband

John 13:34

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Ephesians 4:2

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love

How wonderful it is to live and love someone who is a Christian and who loves our blended family according to the teachings of the Lord. We celebrated 12 years of married life together last month. What a blessing God has given us. Praise God!! God does want us to have happiness, joy and respect in our lives. He is so good. :th_praying:

:huh:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

One doesn't have to "say it", IE, "Till one messes up." That's the striking procedure in many, many cases today. Maybe not those exact words, but that same willingness to "throw in the towel" and move on to No. 2 because the church has become so intertwined with the world & its "Hollywood" attitude re holy matrimony. The "stars" do it....our neighbors do it....our relatives have been thru it....and a greatly increasing number in the Church of Jesus Christ "pack it in" as well. Isn't divorce becoming the Trend Du Jour?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks, Smalcald. I think you, along with most sensible and reasonable people, realize that ending a marriage is a death - a death of dreams, hopes, promisies. It is never easy - at least for people I know. I'm sure that many people who casually divorce do so with ease and not much thought to the terrible ordeal it is. It's very sad, but also a very real necessity in many cases of dire circumstances. God Bless.

Who said that??? Name one person on this thread that has said that!

I'll answer for you... No One!!

No one said "I'm just not happy in my relationship" on this board. That's what alot of people say when they get divorced.

So.........

I don't know what your problem is, so I'll chalk it up to a misunderstanding.

The use of "I will never leave thee of forsake thee" is attributed to Jesus by the writer of Hebrews 13 and is not in context of Jesus and "His bride" AT ALL. Using the church/marriage analogy is a time honored flaw...because it is just an analogy. Like always, it is just an example to break a point down into understandable basics. Trying to tie all marriages under God is just as ridiculous as trying to say that ALL churches are the bride of Christ.

You also failed to mention in your splice and dice of scripture that the "Let not man put asunder" is specifically refering to marriges that God has put together. Certainly you are not going to claim that God is responsible for ALL marriages.

I'll kindly thank you to show me how I've done anything other than blame myself for my failed marriage...I have NEVER blamed the "other one" inspite of the fact that I am biblically supported in doing so. It seems your only purpose on this thread is to cast judgement by using out of context, mix-n-match patches of scripture.

I think the marriage analogy does just fine. It's not a misconception. It's used allthrough the bible. The church called the bride, Such a bad analogy I guess the Lord should take it out of his book?

Revelation 19:9

And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said to me, These are the true sayings of God.

There's more all through the bible, just have a look.

All marriages between believers are under God. And the "Let man not put asunder" was directly dealing with divorce.

There are only a couple reasons where divorce is okay in the Bible. No one is trying to beat you down on anything. But the word of God is not subjective and you can't just make it anything you want and think it's okay.

I don't know the circumstances in your marriage. I only know what the word of God says, and that's between you and him.

All that being said,,

You can either believe the Bible, or believe anyones interpretation just to make yourself feel better. (I say this to everyone, not just you)

I think it would be a great fantastic Idea if most of the people on this forum decided to go read their Bibles once and a while and find out what it says. Then we wouldn't have so many questions, and so many disagreements.

If the bible says 2 plus 2 is 4, that means, that if you add 2 and 2 together you get exactly 4,, not sometimes 6, or 8 on sunday, or even an invisible 9 during passover.

It's clear cut for those who believe. But, if you have itching ears, there's plenty out there and on this very forum that'll scratch them for you.

I'm done dealing with this subject. I believe there's been good Scriptural reference on here. So now everyone is without excuse.

Blessings to you!

One doesn't have to "say it", IE, "Till one messes up." That's the striking procedure in many, many cases today. Maybe not those exact words, but that same willingness to "throw in the towel" and move on to No. 2 because the church has become so intertwined with the world & its "Hollywood" attitude re holy matrimony. The "stars" do it....our neighbors do it....our relatives have been thru it....and a greatly increasing number in the Church of Jesus Christ "pack it in" as well. Isn't divorce becoming the Trend Du Jour?

I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about when it comes to the real world. You read People Magazine too much or something. You are here making brash comparison's based on some 'Hollywood' idea that you're convinced is the norm. Do some people get divorced for convenience...sure. But that is NOT the norm and it is NOT the prevailing attitude of the people here and it is NOT the prevailing attitude of the church. Maybe you just long for the days when the church used to unilaterally support the husbands right to beat his wife, use drugs, and drink their paychecks away...while the wife stood by as a marital hostage.

Normal people...i.e the people you are so harshly judging...hate divorce, they fight against it, it is the last thing they want.