• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

I was speaking to a friend just the other day about the Matrix films, and as we were talking, something he said got me to thinking about God being the grand creator of the world. IF the world were truly a computer program, God could perhaps be viewed as the programmer, or failing that, the User. God is thus present and alive as the User of the program called Existence. God then scrolled his mouse around the Earth, taking a birds eye view, clicking on individuals and telling them to do something. The program interpreted this user-interface as "the Holy Spirit" as God's hand electronically touched the world and people were inspired to act according to God's desire. God is thus also the Spirit in the program that affected the lives of those characters within the program. God then changed the genre of his program and created an avatar to interact with the people in the program. He then called this Avatar "Jesus". This Jesus figure interacted with the program as if it were a part of the program. It was completely a part of the program, but being an avatar of God, it was God also.

We now have God the Father, the programmer/creator of the world, who sent his Avatar into the world. His avatar was God, but also human. God then scrolled around and had a larger view of the world. The Holy Spirit then interacted with the world, according to the programmers wishes, thus the Holy Spirit was also God.

Thus the technological Trinity was formed. Three separate and distinct beings, but also only one entity. 3-in-1

Discuss :cool:

~ Regards, Paranoid Android

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Of course, this interpretation is not without its flaws. Naturally, if this is a computer program, then we as humans are a product of the system and cannot move beyond the program. If the program ceases, so do we. For that matter, Jesus ceased to be also, and is not reigning in heaven right now at the right hand of God the Father. I realise there are flaws, but then again, I have found no analogy that can adequately explain the function of the Trinity. I was just hoping to add a new dimension to the idea of the Trinity.

All the best,

~ PA

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

Interesting concept as a way to explain the Trinity. You need to change Jesus though. He has always been, He was not created by God to be sent here.

So in this paradigm you have come up with God sent Himself into the program. It is not a bad analogy. The programmer/creator role is actually very good. Look at the universe as his server though, and some of the weaknesses you spoke of go away.

Edited by chrisb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

All analogies regarding the Trinity break down at a certain point

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

All analogies regarding the Trinity break down at a certain point

That is the bottom line I'm afraid. The eternality, the separateness yet the oneness in essence of the members of the Godhead, defies all human reason or any contrived correlation. Such does just not exist within the confines of time and space. The Athanasian Creed with its precise wording is as close as you can get but even that is wanting.

sw

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Yeah I've often thought of the world in computer programming terms, but not to the extent that the world is a program. But more that God is the programmer, our DNA and such other things are the programming code if you like. All programmers know their code and have "backdoors" or "cheats" (in gaming terms) that allow you to get around and go against the natural order of the program an do the impossible - ie. Jesus, being God, had access to the inner workings of the code and could do the miraculous.

Now I know this analogy has it's flaws and may seem to diminish the miraculous, but well.. I did come up with it when I was 16 and is really just thoughtful ramblings on the world!

God is also like an animator too, much like with animations where you have to work on them bit by bit, fraction by fraction over a long period of time, so does God works on us bit by bit over time, until the finished product can be seen in all it's glory and as a fully working finished product!

I program and I animate, so I've viewed God in similar ways. We are creative beings much like He (in His image and all) God's creativity shows through in all things and in all way in the world, if only we look!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

WOW, So now God is a computer geek, Now why didn't think of that and all this time I have been reading the bible............Give me a break.......and the moon is a piece of cheese. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Wow. I had never thought of the Trinity that way. The only connection I had made between God and the Matrix, is that the Holy Trinity shares it's name with a hot character. I have to say I have a hard time thinking of god as a computer geek. But, it is a pretty clever idea!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Wow. I had never thought of the Trinity that way. The only connection I had made between God and the Matrix, is that the Holy Trinity shares it's name with a hot character. I have to say I have a hard time thinking of god as a computer geek. But, it is a pretty clever idea!

Well if you look at the definition of "geek" it is either "a computer expert" or an "enthusiast" of a peticular subject area. God being enthusiastic about His creation would therefore make Him a "geek" in the most basic form of the word!

We're all geeks about God at the end of the day anyway.

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Good points Luke, but still I think it's best to refer to God as our father. Because that is the way the bible describes him hundreds of times. Besides, if he created all of us, how can we not be in a sense, his children?