• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Good points Luke, but still I think it's best to refer to God as our father. Because that is the way the bible describes him hundreds of times. Besides, if he created all of us, how can we not be in a sense, his children?

Yeah I know, I know. These thoughts aren't for any serious doctrinal building or anything, just our small minds trying to wrap themselves around the vastness of God in the ways we can relate and understand. Nothing heretical :th_praying:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yeah, that's one of the many awesome things about God. He's universial. He can be related to in so many diffrent ways. It's nice to know that even if some of the thinking methods are strange, they still prompt people to have a relationship with the lord. In my mind, that a win no matter how you slice it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Of course, this interpretation is not without its flaws. Naturally, if this is a computer program, then we as humans are a product of the system and cannot move beyond the program. If the program ceases, so do we. For that matter, Jesus ceased to be also, and is not reigning in heaven right now at the right hand of God the Father. I realise there are flaws, but then again, I have found no analogy that can adequately explain the function of the Trinity. I was just hoping to add a new dimension to the idea of the Trinity.

All the best,

~ PA

"StarWars" had similar analogies tagged onto it.

I've heard analogies about with movie "IRobot". Apparently, "Vicki", the robot he allowed to control his company was like satan and the others who would later follow him were like satan's demons(fallen angels). "Sunny", the good robot, would later lead these robots out of their oppressive slavery.

Has nothing to do with the Trinity but I found it an interesting read.

Also, I found this shocking site that makes sermons out of movies, including Harry Potter.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Great thought! Recently, when i changed my computer display resolution, i clicked 'properties' and thought of the process of sanctification being like changing our 'properties'.

BTW I'm glad i'm not the only one to get these crazy ideas !!!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Great thought! Recently, when i changed my computer display resolution, i clicked 'properties' and thought of the process of sanctification being like changing our 'properties'.

When you have a "crazy idea" try Googling in the key words of it and see how many "crazies" just like you there are out there. :thumbsup::thumbsup: You'd be surprised.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The largest flaw in all the ways that we try to interpret God's nature is we miss that He is love. What difference do His attributes make to any of us? If we don't realise that all of what and who God is flows to us as a merciful and loving Father, nothing else regarding God is very applicable, but that is just my opinion.

The largest flaw in all the ways that we try to interpret God's nature is we miss that He is love. What difference do His attributes make to any of us? If we don't realise that all of what and who God is flows to us as a merciful and loving Father, nothing else regarding God is very applicable, but that is just my opinion.

God tells us he reveals himself to us thru creation and His words tell me to search him out. He likes it when we shed His light on ALL of His creation. We won't miss His love by doing that.

When you have a "crazy idea" try Googling in the key words of it and see how many "crazies" just like you there are out there. :24::o You'd be surprised.

You're right! I don't know whether to be grateful that i'm closer to 'normal' or be regretful that perhaps there is no original thought left. Well, I guess Ecclesiastes has already told us that.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

"God tells us he reveals himself to us thru creation and His words tell me to search him out. He likes it when we shed His light on ALL of His creation. We won't miss His love by doing that."

Actually, the Pharisees did exactly that, yet Jesus said to them, "I know you, that you have not the love of God in you." There is great darkness in knowing all the facts concerning God but not loving Him. By all means obey His word, and remember that the first commandment is "You shall love the Lord..."

Guest TheLordSaves

I had heard once of a natural occuring trinity.

Time is a good example of the Godhead Trinity. There is the past (which is a form of time), the present (which is a form of time), and future (which is a form of time). All three are distinct. but are considered "time." Interesting.

Edited by TheLordSaves