IGNORED

Can we be punished for the Sins of our Parents?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

What's your take on this topic? Do you believe that man can or should be punished for the sins or generations before us? Why do you think that is? Says a great deal about "demonic power."

the Bible says that a person will not suffer punishment for their parents sins....... not in judgement.....

however......

the other way around.... we are responsible for our children.... if they misbehave and we do nothing, we are responsible.... if we rebuke them for their actions, they are taking it in their own hands should they rebell.....

look at the 10 commandments..... the first commandment with a promise is Thou Shalt Honor Thy Mother And Father...... what doesthe promise say??????

if my father sins, it is up to me to break the cycle, and if i break the cycle, i will pass on a blessing rather then the generational curse...... if i do not, then I am just as responsible for my doings as my father would be for his.... I BROKE THE CYCLE OF ABUSE, OF DRUGS, SEX, BOOZE, AND OTHER THINGS.... my father died because of his sins, his physical body suffered because of them...... and he died at a very young age, directly from his sins...... his father was in the same boat, he did not die quite as young, but again, his sins are what killed him... as with his father..... my brother also broke the cycle in this line, there are only the three of us, me, my sister and brother ( another brother died at 6 months due to asthma in 1961 in England) so, it is now up to our children to continue in the light of Christ, to keep the cycle from starting again..........

mike

Actually Mike, I have found quite the opposite in scriptures In Exodus 34:7 May I ask where did you find your information??? What script.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your take on this topic? Do you believe that man can or should be punished for the sins or generations before us? Why do you think that is? Says a great deal about "demonic power."

the Bible says that a person will not suffer punishment for their parents sins....... not in judgement.....

however......

the other way around.... we are responsible for our children.... if they misbehave and we do nothing, we are responsible.... if we rebuke them for their actions, they are taking it in their own hands should they rebell.....

look at the 10 commandments..... the first commandment with a promise is Thou Shalt Honor Thy Mother And Father...... what doesthe promise say??????

if my father sins, it is up to me to break the cycle, and if i break the cycle, i will pass on a blessing rather then the generational curse...... if i do not, then I am just as responsible for my doings as my father would be for his.... I BROKE THE CYCLE OF ABUSE, OF DRUGS, SEX, BOOZE, AND OTHER THINGS.... my father died because of his sins, his physical body suffered because of them...... and he died at a very young age, directly from his sins...... his father was in the same boat, he did not die quite as young, but again, his sins are what killed him... as with his father..... my brother also broke the cycle in this line, there are only the three of us, me, my sister and brother ( another brother died at 6 months due to asthma in 1961 in England) so, it is now up to our children to continue in the light of Christ, to keep the cycle from starting again..........

mike

Actually Mike, I have found quite the opposite in scriptures In Exodus 34:7 May I ask where did you find your information??? What script.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

however......

mike

I believe Deut 28 and on explains it but wait I will look... yup it is .. read it. The doctors always ask for medical history...scientists talk about genetic predisposition.. and whose sons were not disciplined and God was mad at the father ..Gee I cannot remember... Either which you believe The Powerful Blood Of Jesus has died for it all!!

My mother was a alcoholic and both parents had to get married. I am not a alcoholic. My Parent is Jesus in heaven and I have I believe have broken the cycle as Mr. and Mrs Irish states also the abuse that came with it...My sistere...one is into drugs and alcohol. She is the youngest. Accordding to The percentages, I the oldest should be messed up....Halleluja I need not partake of such a life and I believe my daughter will not either..!!! Patricia1 :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

however......

mike

I believe Deut 28 and on explains it but wait I will look... yup it is .. read it. The doctors always ask for medical history...scientists talk about genetic predisposition.. and whose sons were not disciplined and God was mad at the father ..Gee I cannot remember... Either which you believe The Powerful Blood Of Jesus has died for it all!!

My mother was a alcoholic and both parents had to get married. I am not a alcoholic. My Parent is Jesus in heaven and I have I believe have broken the cycle as Mr. and Mrs Irish states also the abuse that came with it...My sistere...one is into drugs and alcohol. She is the youngest. Accordding to The percentages, I the oldest should be messed up....Halleluja I need not partake of such a life and I believe my daughter will not either..!!! Patricia1 :)

Good for you, Patricia

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I don't get it with some christians. Don't some read the NT in which, Jesus made a new covenant, that states when your are born again your sins past present and future are forgiven..

So if your sins are forgiven and you have a clean slate, are you suggesting that the Lord is going to say to you, yes you are forgiven, but, you get the old :thumbsup: because your grandfather was a sinner. Everyone is born with a skeleton somewhere in the old family tree concerning their parentage. Read John.1:9:3 and see what Jesus told His disciples about the man who was born blind. If you are the great grandchildren of Bonnie and Clyde, the blood of Jesus has got you covered. :24::24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I don't get it with some christians. Don't some read the NT in which, Jesus made a new covenant, that states when your are born again your sins past present and future are forgiven..

So if your sins are forgiven and you have a clean slate, are you suggesting that the Lord is going to say to you, yes you are forgiven, but, you get the old :rolleyes: because your grandfather was a sinner. Everyone is born with a skeleton somewhere in the old family tree concerning their parentage. Read John.1:9:3 and see what Jesus told His disciples about the man who was born blind. If you are the great grandchildren of Bonnie and Clyde, the blood of Jesus has got you covered. :):)

I agree for the most part eric, Though, I have experienced different, my real Dad was a drug addict, got into witchcraft, I never knew him or anything about him growing up, I followed in his footsteps growing up, Now that I have Jesus in my heart I died to that life, and I met my real dad on my wedding, he's a Christian now, and he straightened up his life, Another situation, is that my grandma was molested when she was younger, then my mom, and then my sister. For this reason I cannot deny, things that happen in the family line cannot be passed from generation to generation, I consider it familiar spirits. I don't believe we are punished for our parents sins, but I do believe that we are drawn to the same sins, as our parents, or others who suffer in the same sins are drawn to us. I do believe Jesus is the cure for this, and he is the only one who can break this.

Guest Biblicist

All I can say is, "The apple does not fall far from the tree." :o

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

however......

mike

My mother was a alcoholic and both parents had to get married. I am not a alcoholic. My Parent is Jesus in heaven and I have I believe have broken the cycle as Mr. and Mrs Irish states also the abuse that came with it...My sistere...one is into drugs and alcohol. She is the youngest. Accordding to The percentages, I the oldest should be messed up....Halleluja I need not partake of such a life and I believe my daughter will not either..!!! Patricia1 :thumbsup:

:emot-hug:

Looks like the apple not only did fall far from the tree but Jesus picked it up, shined it up and has plans for it in a pretty grove in the greenest pastures one day. Awesome testimony.

:emot-prettywink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

No, God does not punish us for the sins of others. We can, however, experience negative consequences because of the sins of others.

Cajunboy::::Really eric, I will ask you to reread Exodus 34:7 and tell me what you think ? The reason I asked this question on this topic Eric, is because I have sensed that I was condemned with the sin of a father and his father on up a few generations. That was the fartherest I could trace the same (sexual) sin of this nature, and it's not a common one, so it's easy to spot if you know how and where to look for it. BUT IT STOPPED WITH ME, Eric. Only by the grace of God was I able to bury my cross before God, and only through God. That's why I'm alive and still here today. I knew it had to be stopped and I was the only one at the time that had the strength and wisdom to do it! Praise God!

Thanks for your input Eric

I noticed you only respond to the more difficult ones, I think?

In God's Love

Cajunboy

Beth Moore addresses this very question in her Breaking Free study. She talks about "sin heredity". We can unknowingly and unwillingly "inherit" sinful or destructive behaviors from our ancestors. She talks of a woman at the turn of the century who was married off to an older man. Her failure to bear him sons made thier relationship very tumultuous. Several generations later, women who did not even know the story of their great-great-grandmother all exhibited trust issues and were involved in bad relationships. The women of the family had unknowingly passed down a mistrust in men. The only female in the family that was involved in a healthy relationship was also a very devout Christian and was close to God. So what else can we inheirit or pass on that is sinful or even just painful?

• 3 weeks later...

No, God does not punish us for the sins of others. We can, however, experience negative consequences because of the sins of others.

Cajunboy::::Really eric, I will ask you to reread Exodus 34:7 and tell me what you think ? The reason I asked this question on this topic Eric, is because I have sensed that I was condemned with the sin of a father and his father on up a few generations. That was the fartherest I could trace the same (sexual) sin of this nature, and it's not a common one, so it's easy to spot if you know how and where to look for it. BUT IT STOPPED WITH ME, Eric. Only by the grace of God was I able to bury my cross before God, and only through God. That's why I'm alive and still here today. I knew it had to be stopped and I was the only one at the time that had the strength and wisdom to do it! Praise God!

Thanks for your input Eric

I noticed you only respond to the more difficult ones, I think?

In God's Love

Cajunboy

Beth Moore addresses this very question in her Breaking Free study. She talks about "sin heredity". We can unknowingly and unwillingly "inherit" sinful or destructive behaviors from our ancestors. She talks of a woman at the turn of the century who was married off to an older man. Her failure to bear him sons made thier relationship very tumultuous. Several generations later, women who did not even know the story of their great-great-grandmother all exhibited trust issues and were involved in bad relationships. The women of the family had unknowingly passed down a mistrust in men. The only female in the family that was involved in a healthy relationship was also a very devout Christian and was close to God. So what else can we inheirit or pass on that is sinful or even just painful?