• Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Slave to Righteousness

And having been set free from sin,

you became slaves of righteousness.

Romans 6:18

Before you were a Christian you were a slave, in bondage to sin. Even when you did not want to sin, you were unable to do otherwise (Rom. 7:15-24). When God saved you, He freed you from sin, but you remained a slave. Now, rather than being bound to sin, you are bound to righteousness. In every area of your life you are obligated to do what honors God.

There are some who believe that when Christ sets them free, they are free to do whatever they want. That is not so. The apostle Paul realized that when he began following Christ he became a "bondservant" of Christ, and his life was no longer his own (Rom. 1:1). Now, rather than being enslaved to sin, he was enslaved to God and His righteousness. When people mistreated him, he had forfeited the right to respond from his natural feelings but was compelled to offer a righteous response. When he was tempted, he was no longer free to succumb to his feelings. Paul could not enter the workplace and act selfishly. He understood that, as a slave of righteousness, he was obligated to live a holy life, honoring his Master.

Righteous living is not an option for a Christian. Nor is it something we must try to do over time. It is an obligation, mandatory for every child of God. Our freedom in Christ is not freedom to do what we want. It is freedom to live righteously, something we could not do when we were in bondage to sin. Now that we are free to live righteously, we must allow the Holy Spirit to produce in us a holy, sanctified life (1 John 3:7).

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen Dear Suzanne, Amen!

Wonderful Post Of The Lord's Mercy And Grace.

There Are Indeed No Neutrals In The War For The Souls Of Men.

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
Luke 11:23

:emot-hug:

Amazing Grace

The Call

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

The Gift

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The End

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:4

Be Blessed Beloved Princess Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:23-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Amen! We are to be led by the Holy Spirit, not our flesh. When we are led by our own flesh, it produces undesirable results. Trust God and give your life to him! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

tsth, I agree wholeheartedly! :emot-hug:

Guest Biblicist

So does that mean I am not capable of sinning anymore?

Or does it mean that if I do sin, at all, that I am not really saved? :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Or does it mean that if I do sin, at all, that I am not really saved? :thumbsup:

Bibs I took it as if you really have given ourselves to the Lord, we HAVE to become new creatures in Him. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

2 Cor. 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

John 8:33 They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

1 Peter 2:16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

1 Thess 4:3

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Or does it mean that if I do sin, at all, that I am not really saved? :whistling:

Were you expecting an actual response, Bib??? :whistling:

For the record, I sin.

Peace,

Fiosh

:whistling:

Guest Biblicist

According to the verses you site, tsth, no one who is saved sins. Or is capable of sin.

Since I sin I must not be saved, according to the verses you posted.

Unless you are taking the verses out of context to prove your point. . . :whistling:

tsth, you remind me a lot of my younger sister.