tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I tell you a story to try to bring out what I'm trying to say. I had a person walk up to our vehicle once and he ask me to borrow $3.oo and then he said I am going to be honest I want the money to buy me a beer I ain't gonna lie to you. Well next thing you know I saying to this guy I am not going to give you $3.oo dollars so you can buy you a beer with it. What you need to do is repent of your wrongdoing and ask Jesus into your heart and life and the man shook his head yes as he hung it to the ground and walk off jump over this half brick wall and I didn't know where he got to. I proceeded to pull off and my eye caught sight of the man who was sitting down on the sidewalk with his head down in his arms over his knees. You know I don't know if that man ever got his heart right with God or not but I've often prayed for that man down through the years and have prayed God would raise him up as a preacher

'Biblicist'

What did that man do that made you judge him by his actions? Did you ask him anything? Did you try to find out why on earth he didn't even have $3.00? :)

Those are you words biblicist and your judgment toward me though you are not close to me at all. It is you who say I judged him by his actions but doesn't make it true. In fact you will see in my story that I did not ask the man nothing as he approach our vehicle and I rolled down my window at my husbands request and the man asked me for the money read the story again it tells it all. The thing took place so fast no I didn't ask the man why on earth he didn't even have three dollars on him as the man was drunk at the time and a stranger and I didn't know what he wanted or was trying or would do at the time. You can judge me for all of what I didn't do but the one thing the most important thing of it all was I told the man about Christ and planted that seed in his heart whether you think that is correct or biblical method or not. I just believe if a person is in trouble they can call on the God that I serve and He will hear their cries for help. So I may have ruffled your feathers on that last reply of mine to you but most people wouldn't have even blink their eyes at that man and given him the time of day. I am reminded of the words "Silver and gold have I none but such as I have give I unto thee"

You judged his heart simply by the way he looked and by the things he said to you. That's exactly what I am talking about.

Again that is your judgment towards me that is unfounded and not true at all I made no judgments on that man because of the way he looked matter of fact he had a red flannel shirt and jeans on he didn't look scraggly he was just drunk and didn't have any money to get himself more beer with cause if he did he sure wouldn't have stopped us to ask for money to buy him a beer with. And no biblicist that is not what you are talking about that is an analogy you are trying to use in which I disagree with. The whole time I witness to the man I never once judged his heart I told him he need to repent and ask Jesus to forgive him and come into his heart. I witnessed to that drunken man about another man called Jesus that could take the desire for alcohol away from him and sober him up and use him in the kingdom of God. We all have that void before we are saved and need the Lord to fill it. I did not have to know the man on an intimate level and be close to him to see his need for Christ in his life it was obvious even though you may want to remain blind to it because I have an opposite view that what you are bringing to this thread.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

you know biblicist I don't feel the least bit guilty at the things you are trying to throw at me here. There are those with a spiritual hunger that I don't know closely that is so deep that it hurts them physically have you hungered spiritually that deep before biblicist there are those that are strangers and foreigners to the blessings of God that I don't know that closely have you been without the blessings of God before biblicist. Their are those that are naked spiritually as their sins are not yet covered with the blood have you been there before biblicist. There are those that are soul sick and need God's healing touch that only he can give as the world has used, abused and totally confused them by the sin in the world that has taken from them things that some will never get back again have you been sick before biblicist. And there are those that still are yet in the prison help captive by their own sins and only Christ can set their spirit free do you know that feeling biblicist. Yes there is the physical that needs tending to but there is also the spiritual that needs attending to as well.

How could you possibly know his heart need just because he asked you for money to buy beer. Last I checked, neither of those actions are sinful. Were you absolutly certin that the man was in bondage to alcoholism? $3.00 for one beer is not alcoholism, it's thirst. How could you know unless you asked?

Maybe because I been there before and can relate to the man without knowing the man. I can relate to others as well who have similiar problems as I had. It got nothing to do with my judgment of someone as I can see a person and can tell they are hooked on drugs as I carried that same look myself once I know the look and the feel of that type lifestyle and I can remember it.

Being a drunk is sinful and this man was publicly drunk I know that that man was in bondage to alchol that very night as I witnessed it first hand as well as my husband. I never said that three dollars for one beer is alcoholism. You like to put words in my mouth don't you. You can't really say what is was that night cause you wasn't there was you?

Why was your reaction to the fact that the man didn't even have $3.00 automatically to assume that he needed to repent of some sin? Are people poor because of their sin?

I feel like I have already answered these already. But will answer the last one Are people poor because of their sin? As I would say yes yes and yes they are poor because of their sin. Sin robs us it steals from us and it will kill you in the right circumstance yes yes and yes it will make the wealthiest man in the world poor as poor can be if a man doesn't have Christ he doesn't have any thing of worth in the world but your wealty and rich if you have eternal life which your money cannot buy.

Your exchange with that man is exactly my point. I think it's called, Drive By Witnessing. I don't see that it is Biblical.

"NO," Biblicist my exchange with that man made no point of yours had it made a point of yours I would had to have gotten to know him very closely in order to know his need for salvation and what I did didn't even come close.

And I am appauled and offended highly by the telling of my story of witnessing to a man and for you to turn around and compare it to "Drive by Witnessing" when you wasn't even there and to say it wasn't biblical. Don't tell me or try to teach me anything about judging from here on out biblicist.

By your own standards you had no right to judge me as you did seeing you are not close to me to know why I make the choices I do and you cannot judge the outward things until one is close enough to do so. You don't even believe in living up to your own example as standard you are teaching in this thread.

OC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Your exchange with that man is exactly my point. I think it's called, Drive By Witnessing. I don't see that it is Biblical.

Hey, there;

I totally agree with the above sentiment....mainly because the area in which I live is pretty bad, and I am asked on a regular basis if I can "spare a few dollars."

Just tonight, some guy asked me for $$$ for food, and I gave it to him. As he was leaving, I said: "Sir, you ARE going to use that money for food, aren't you? Please say yes."

Well, he did say yes, although I can't be certain that he DIDN'T go buy a drink with it.

I find that the best witness is a kind word, and a caring demeanor. If the person senses that you're concerned, he's more than likely to listen....more so than if you seem agitated or judgemental.

The thing is, in those situations, I have found that many people will listen to the Gospel message if they think it's going to get them some $$$. You can usually tell within a few moments if that person is really taking heed, or just looking for a hand-out.

I don't think it's right that a person should pretend to want the Gospel just to get some $$$, and I refuse to cheapen the Gospel by using it as a bargaining chip.

I tell you a story to try to bring out what I'm trying to say. I had a person walk up to our vehicle once and he ask me to borrow $3.oo and then he said I am going to be honest I want the money to buy me a beer I ain't gonna lie to you. Well next thing you know I saying to this guy I am not going to give you $3.oo dollars so you can buy you a beer with it. What you need to do is repent of your wrongdoing and ask Jesus into your heart and life and the man shook his head yes as he hung it to the ground and walk off jump over this half brick wall and I didn't know where he got to. I proceeded to pull off and my eye caught sight of the man who was sitting down on the sidewalk with his head down in his arms over his knees. You know I don't know if that man ever got his heart right with God or not but I've often prayed for that man down through the years and have prayed God would raise him up as a preacher

'Biblicist'

What did that man do that made you judge him by his actions? Did you ask him anything? Did you try to find out why on earth he didn't even have $3.00? :emot-hug:

Those are you words biblicist and your judgment toward me though you are not close to me at all. It is you who say I judged him by his actions but doesn't make it true. In fact you will see in my story that I did not ask the man nothing as he approach our vehicle and I rolled down my window at my husbands request and the man asked me for the money read the story again it tells it all. The thing took place so fast no I didn't ask the man why on earth he didn't even have three dollars on him as the man was drunk at the time and a stranger and I didn't know what he wanted or was trying or would do at the time. You can judge me for all of what I didn't do but the one thing the most important thing of it all was I told the man about Christ and planted that seed in his heart whether you think that is correct or biblical method or not. I just believe if a person is in trouble they can call on the God that I serve and He will hear their cries for help. So I may have ruffled your feathers on that last reply of mine to you but most people wouldn't have even blink their eyes at that man and given him the time of day. I am reminded of the words "Silver and gold have I none but such as I have give I unto thee"

You judged his heart simply by the way he looked and by the things he said to you. That's exactly what I am talking about.

Again that is your judgment towards me that is unfounded and not true at all I made no judgments on that man because of the way he looked matter of fact he had a red flannel shirt and jeans on he didn't look scraggly he was just drunk and didn't have any money to get himself more beer with cause if he did he sure wouldn't have stopped us to ask for money to buy him a beer with. And no biblicist that is not what you are talking about that is an analogy you are trying to use in which I disagree with. The whole time I witness to the man I never once judged his heart I told him he need to repent and ask Jesus to forgive him and come into his heart. I witnessed to that drunken man about another man called Jesus that could take the desire for alcohol away from him and sober him up and use him in the kingdom of God. We all have that void before we are saved and need the Lord to fill it. I did not have to know the man on an intimate level and be close to him to see his need for Christ in his life it was obvious even though you may want to remain blind to it because I have an opposite view that what you are bringing to this thread.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

you know biblicist I don't feel the least bit guilty at the things you are trying to throw at me here. There are those with a spiritual hunger that I don't know closely that is so deep that it hurts them physically have you hungered spiritually that deep before biblicist there are those that are strangers and foreigners to the blessings of God that I don't know that closely have you been without the blessings of God before biblicist. Their are those that are naked spiritually as their sins are not yet covered with the blood have you been there before biblicist. There are those that are soul sick and need God's healing touch that only he can give as the world has used, abused and totally confused them by the sin in the world that has taken from them things that some will never get back again have you been sick before biblicist. And there are those that still are yet in the prison help captive by their own sins and only Christ can set their spirit free do you know that feeling biblicist. Yes there is the physical that needs tending to but there is also the spiritual that needs attending to as well.

How could you possibly know his heart need just because he asked you for money to buy beer. Last I checked, neither of those actions are sinful. Were you absolutly certin that the man was in bondage to alcoholism? $3.00 for one beer is not alcoholism, it's thirst. How could you know unless you asked?

Maybe because I been there before and can relate to the man without knowing the man. I can relate to others as well who have similiar problems as I had. It got nothing to do with my judgment of someone as I can see a person and can tell they are hooked on drugs as I carried that same look myself once I know the look and the feel of that type lifestyle and I can remember it.

Being a drunk is sinful and this man was publicly drunk I know that that man was in bondage to alchol that very night as I witnessed it first hand as well as my husband. I never said that three dollars for one beer is alcoholism. You like to put words in my mouth don't you. You can't really say what is was that night cause you wasn't there was you?

Why was your reaction to the fact that the man didn't even have $3.00 automatically to assume that he needed to repent of some sin? Are people poor because of their sin?

I feel like I have already answered these already. But will answer the last one Are people poor because of their sin? As I would say yes yes and yes they are poor because of their sin. Sin robs us it steals from us and it will kill you in the right circumstance yes yes and yes it will make the wealthiest man in the world poor as poor can be if a man doesn't have Christ he doesn't have any thing of worth in the world but your wealty and rich if you have eternal life which your money cannot buy.

"NO," Biblicist my exchange with that man made no point of yours had it made a point of yours I would had to have gotten to know him very closely in order to know his need for salvation and what I did didn't even come close.

And I am appauled and offended highly by the telling of my story of witnessing to a man and for you to turn around and compare it to "Drive by Witnessing" when you wasn't even there and to say it wasn't biblical. Don't tell me or try to teach me anything about judging from here on out biblicist.

By your own standards you had no right to judge me as you did seeing you are not close to me to know why I make the choices I do and you cannot judge the outward things until one is close enough to do so. You don't even believe in living up to your own example as standard you are teaching in this thread.

OC

I think you are way out of line Biblicist way out of line. You've taught me nothing thus far but have destroyed your credibility with me is all.

OC

'Biblicist' post

It doesn't feel good to be "judged" by a stranger does it?

It's really not your place to teach me that is it? I guess you do know that the same judgment that you have given me will be your own also don't you the same measure ye mete will be meted to you again. You made me feel nothing except sorrow for you in the way you carried on. You admit here that the whole attack about the person I witnessed to was to intentionally judge me for my methods so that you could come back and say here "it doesn't feel good to be judged by a stranger does it? Of course I know who that stranger is don't we it is "you."

This is sick really sick tactics and out of line. Let's see how long it will take to bury this post.

One does not SIN themseves in order to TEACH another a lesson or try and prove their point to be right as you have done to me.

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

This has degenerated into personal attack. I am closing it