IGNORED

Slave To Righteousness

tsth

Guest Biblicist
So what do you want me to say????

That we can blatantly walk in both sin and righteousness? IS this the true mark of believers?

Would you answer my question now.

In His Love,

Suzanne

No, Suzanne. What you should say is that we walk in Grace, whether or not we are sinning or living in righteousness. That is the message the Bible teaches. John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace as the burdens grow greater;

He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;

To added afflictions He addeth His Mercy,

To multiplied trials His multiplied Peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,

When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,

When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,

Our Father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure;

His power no boundary known unto men;

For out of His infinite riches in Jesus He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Biblicist,

This is what I understand and receive about grace which would compliment the other passages I have posted. Would you agree with this description of what grace accomplishes?:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Can you agree that this is truly the Christian walk?

In His Love,

Suzanne

2 Corinthians 6:14 For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Biblicist
Again, I ask, do we believe the following?

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

What happened here in regard to law and one who professes to know Christ Jesus?

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Can you practice lawlessness and "know" Jesus???

Which is it?

In His Love,

Suzanne

What is the Bible's defination of lawlessness?

1 John 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

Since we all sin daily what does this tell us? Are we all dombed? Is there no hope for us since we all practice lawlessness every day?

I think we are right back where we started. . . :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So what do you want me to say????

That we can blatantly walk in both sin and righteousness? IS this the true mark of believers?

Would you answer my question now.

In His Love,

Suzanne

No, Suzanne. What you should say is that we walk in Grace, whether or not we are sinning or living in righteousness. That is the message the Bible teaches. John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

He Giveth More Grace

How do we shine a light to find out if we have grace, or are we wondering away in men's precepts, not touching the baptism wherewith ye are baptized. John verely baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the holy ghost within a few days.

For by grace are you made safe through faith, it is a gift of God not of works lest any man should boast himself.

I didn't not recieve grace by putting away malice, lust and covetousness, yet those are 3 things if you walk with them, ye have never recieved Christ.

Psalm 40:7 Then said I: Lo, I come. In the beginning of the book it is written of me,

8 that I should fulfill thy will O my God, and that am I content to do: yea thy law is within my heart. (Mathew's TRC O.T)

Acts 20:32 (W.Tyndale NewTestament)

And now dear brethren I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build further, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

1 Theasalonians

4:3 For this is the will of God, which is your sanctifying, that ye should abstain from fornication,

4 that every one of you should know how to keep his vessel in sanctifying and honour,

5 and not in the lust of concupiscence, as do the heathen, which know not god,

Sancitied means being made into a saint of God never able to let be aboundance of grace, for God's seed is in him, he cannot sin.

You have to be chosen of God, and able to abide in patience, to have a clean heart through grace. (by faith)

Edited by TM75

I see the defining difference is the term "practice".

How do you define "practice"?

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,

Romans 6:19

I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Biblicist
Dear Biblicist,

This is what I understand and receive about grace which would compliment the other passages I have posted. Would you agree with this description of what grace accomplishes?:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Can you agree that this is truly the Christian walk?

In His Love,

Suzanne

The secret to Titus 2 is TEACHING. These are things that are learned. If a person has not learned that their particular sin is actually sin, then how are they to know? How can they know lest they be taught? It is obvious through Titus 2 that the elder men and women are responsible to teach the younger ones.

Becoming righteous is not imediate. It's a learned process. Even Christ had to learn.

A desire to learn the righteous paths is indicitave of the Christian walk. "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."

I hope you understand that I am not simply refering to the "Red Letter" sins. I am refering to ALL sin. Gossip, slander, lying, anger, sexual sins. . .

There has to be a balance. Grace and striving to live in righteousness. When you love someone, you try to do whatever it takes to make them happy. Obedience makes God happy. :noidea:

Guest Biblicist
I see the defining difference is the term "practice".

How do you define "practice"?

In His Love,

Suzanne

We all practice lawlessness on a daily basis. I don't see this as the deciding factor.

There must be things you do, or don't do, daily that you know cause displeasure to the Lord. I know that I do.

Speeding. . . :noidea: For instance.

The difference is living in guilt or grace. My friend asked me when we first met. Is Christianity a religion of guilt. . . What should I have told him? Matthew 22? 1 John 3:4?

The secret to Titus 2 is TEACHING. These are things that are learned. If a person has not learned that their particular sin is actually sin, then how are they to know? How can they know lest they be taught? It is obvious through Titus 2 that the elder men and women are responsible to teach the younger ones.

I agree, and that is where the term "practicing" comes in. If we know something to be sin, and continue in it wilfully, what then? Does this define who believes what God says and fears Him in regard to it, or can one not be reverent of God and disregard what His Holy Spirit has clearly told us is sin? That then is to "practice" lawlessness isn't it? To know better and yet continue in it/practice it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The difference is living in guilt or grace. My friend asked me when we first met. Is Christianity a religion of guilt. . . What should I have told him? Matthew 22? 1 John 3:4?

You should have told him that it is a religion of a loving God who guides His Children, and if they listen to him/obey His Commands, they will have life MORE ABUNDANTLY!!!! And if they should choose to not believe Him, and continue in their own ways, it will be a hard life and eternity. You could have shared with him Matthew (21) not 22....it is the parable of the 2 sons, one who said with his lips he would obey, yet did not........and one who said with him mouth he would not obey, but then did. This parable was on the previous page of this thread. It's from Matthew 21:28.

In His Love,

Suzanne