• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

As far as lying goes, wasn't Rahab justified in lying?
Did she lie?

Is it wrong to tell a lie if it may save someone's life? (Like if you lied to the Nazis about where some Jews were hiding?)
Corrie ten Boom's sister in law didn't lie and the Lord preserved them anyway.

What about where Abraham lied by calling Sarah his sister when she was really his wife?
Abraham didn't lie, Sarah was really his sister, his half sister as well as his wife.

What about when the midwives of the Hebrews lied when Pharaoh commanded them to kill all their sons upon birth?
Were the midwives Christians?

Are Christians ever justified in lying?
No

Lying about the way a person looks or cooks is not justifyable lying. I would hope that people are honest with me if I look like a sausage in a dress, instead of letting me go out in public like that.

So, if someone broke into your home, (God forbid) and you sensed his intent was murder, and he asked you if there were any other people in the house, would you proceed to tell them just what rooms your loved ones were hiding in because you couldn't bear to tell a lie???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
So, if someone broke into your home, (God forbid) and you sensed his intent was murder, and he asked you if there were any other people in the house, would you proceed to tell them just what rooms your loved ones were hiding in because you couldn't bear to tell a lie???

No, I would introduce him to my 12 guage shot gun! No words necessary! :24: Unless, of course, my wolf ate him first.

You do understand what a straw man argument is? :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

No, I would introduce him to my 12 guage shot gun! No words necessary! :24: Unless, of course, my wolf ate him first.

Nobody could ever get the drop on you, huh?

And I do indeed understand what a strawman argument is. But the fact of the matter is, if you told the truth that led to someone innocent being murdered, you are just as much a murderer.

Guest Biblicist

Nobody could ever get the drop on you, huh?

And I do indeed understand what a strawman argument is. But the fact of the matter is, if you told the truth that led to someone innocent being murdered, you are just as much a murderer.

Nope! Those who come into my home with the intent to harm better be willing to be harmed. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Telling the truth doesn't always lead to death, Kari. Did you ever read Corrie ten Boom's book Hiding Place? Her sister in law told the truth to the soldiers about those they were hiding and none were killed or even captured. God spared them because of her honesty. They actually thought she was lying, because she told the truth.

Do you think that God would have protected those men if Rahab had said, yes they are here, they are hiding on my roof? I do. We should have no fear. If God's will is to protect us, we should have faith in that. And if we die, then we die. "For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."

If I told the truth and a person was murdered because of it, the fault would lie in the hands of the murderer, Kari. If someone breaks into my home and steals my guns and uses them to harm another, is it my fault for owning guns? No, it's the fault of those who's intent is to harm.

You are attempting to lay blame at my feet for a "crime" I have never committed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

You may not have commited a gun crime Bibs but you may have committed an even worse crime ...

Was that comment about rock cakes aimed at me :whistling: I think you have been associating with sweetycakes too long :emot-hug:

As for dress sizes each country has a different numbering system so just find one that you like and only buy clothes from there :)

And sometimes when a woman asks a question she ACTUALLY WANTS AN HONEST ANSWER :24::o:o

Guest Biblicist
You may not have commited a gun crime Bibs but you may have committed an even worse crime ...

Was that comment about rock cakes aimed at me :24: I think you have been associating with sweetycakes too long :24:

As for dress sizes each country has a different numbering system so just find one that you like and only buy clothes from there :wub:

And sometimes when a woman asks a question she ACTUALLY WANTS AN HONEST ANSWER :24::24::24:

Rock cake comment? :24: Whatever makes you think that comment was directed at you? :24::24: I would never do such a thing. . . :huh: I wouldn't dream of insulting one of my dearest friends. :noidea:

Aren't dress sizes in Europe 22 and 32 and such. Or is that shoes?

That's true, sometimes a woman does want an honest answer, the trick is knowing when that time is. . .

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I try not to know anything.............just makes life easier.............. :noidea:

Guest Biblicist
I try not to know anything.............just makes life easier.............. :noidea:

Where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise. :wub:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise. :24:

ahhh yeah, right, whatever................................... :wub:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Wow how blissful you must be sister scarlet :whistling::taped::taped:

* runs and hides * :taped:

Bibs the sizes in europe actually change from country to country ..in Britain a size 14 would be the same as a size 20 in France and shoes in mainland Europe are in 22 upwards whilst in Britain they start at about size 2 go as far as size 13 and then start again at size 1 Unless they are mens shoes when they just keep going :taped::taped: