• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Exactly my reaction, mathqueen.

Why would anyone want to upset people? That is hateful.

:whistling: Lorax

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

To me FDR is a mixed bag. We now know--through KGB documents released with the fall of the Soviet Union--that his entire administration was simply RIDDLED with Communist agents at every level. His "New Deal' programs were just tired Marxism, but he was too politically simplistic to see how they actually harmed America. His policies succeeded in causing a depression in the economy (which historically had always lasted about 2 years) last for more than a DECADE!

Yet America could not have asked for a greater war time President during those critical years 1936-45. England would surely have fallen if not for his brilliant 'Lend-Lease' program.

One of my favorit FDR quotes was not public, just an aside to his son. At the White House Christmas Pageantin 1941 (right after Pearn Harbor, remember) the Armed Forces Band was playing "ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS," and FDR leaned over to his son and whispered, "I know we will win this war, because we ARE a Christian Army."

And for all our criticism of FDR's economic naivete' let us NOT forget that he led the nation via radio in the longest prayer any President EVER led the nation in. In fact, I don't think another President has ever actually offered his prayers for the country over the radio or TV, beyond a simple "God bless America."

There were some truly great things about FDR.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

To me FDR is a mixed bag. We now know--through KGB documents released with the fall of the Soviet Union--that his entire administration was simply RIDDLED with Communist agents at every level. His "New Deal' programs were just tired Marxism, but he was too politically simplistic to see how they actually harmed America. His policies succeeded in causing a depression in the economy (which historically had always lasted about 2 years) last for more than a DECADE!

There are some very conservative economists that have tried to make that correlation, but the problem with it is that the Great Depression was a worldwide economic depression. It did not just affect the United States. The resulting trade decline is largely what kept us from recovering until World War II. I would also point out that the economy began to recover in 1933. However, due to the depth of the economic contraction between 1929 and 1932, the recovery took a long time.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

haha. My every thought upsets liberals. I am not 'hateful'... I am right in my assessment of the article. I could tell by the reaction of you liberals that I would like the article...and I was right.

• Group:  Diamond Member

haha. My every thought upsets liberals. I am not 'hateful'... I am right in my assessment of the article. I could tell by the reaction of you liberals that I would like the article...and I was right.

*raises hand* I admit I have not read the article. I will go read it now. Hater. :24:

Ok, I read it. That person has some SERIOUS bitterness issues and is in need of prayer. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with some things said in the artilce, I'm simply saying it obviously comes from bitterness. He needs deliverance. I am going to go pray for him now. :24:

Hater. :24:

lol.... :24::24::24:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Why is it that the same people who say "Hate the sin, not the sinner" in terms of homosexuality are so quick to hate liberals. And don't even try to cover it up, some of the liberal hating I see on worthy is sickening. So you don't agree with their viewpoints, fine. I don't agree with a lot of the more liberal opinions either, but why the hatrid? Do you people go up to unbelievers and say "Don't worry, you're mentally ill and if something makes you upset, thats probably because it's a good thing, but don't worry, you can recover". No, that wouldn't save anyone, and honestly with the kind of responses I see liberal viewpoints getting, I can see why they don't want to be conservatives. Being conservative doesn't mean you have to do your best to treat liberals like scum. Even the title of this topic, so they've turned to your viewpoint, fantastic, you still shouldn't act like they're recovering from some disease.

Could everyone please try and remember that liberal's are human beings as well?

Why is it that the same people who say "Hate the sin, not the sinner" in terms of homosexuality are so quick to hate liberals. And don't even try to cover it up, some of the liberal hating I see on worthy is sickening. So you don't agree with their viewpoints, fine. I don't agree with a lot of the more liberal opinions either, but why the hatrid? Do you people go up to unbelievers and say "Don't worry, you're mentally ill and if something makes you upset, thats probably because it's a good thing, but don't worry, you can recover". No, that wouldn't save anyone, and honestly with the kind of responses I see liberal viewpoints getting, I can see why they don't want to be conservatives. Being conservative doesn't mean you have to do your best to treat liberals like scum. Could everyone please try and remember that liberal's are human beings as well?

Bump. :emot-hug:

Why is it that the same people who say "Hate the sin, not the sinner" in terms of homosexuality are so quick to hate liberals. And don't even try to cover it up, some of the liberal hating I see on worthy is sickening. So you don't agree with their viewpoints, fine. I don't agree with a lot of the more liberal opinions either, but why the hatrid? Do you people go up to unbelievers and say "Don't worry, you're mentally ill and if something makes you upset, thats probably because it's a good thing, but don't worry, you can recover". No, that wouldn't save anyone, and honestly with the kind of responses I see liberal viewpoints getting, I can see why they don't want to be conservatives. Being conservative doesn't mean you have to do your best to treat liberals like scum. Even the title of this topic, so they've turned to your viewpoint, fantastic, you still shouldn't act like they're recovering from some disease.

Could everyone please try and remember that liberal's are human beings as well?

Gag! First of all, I've never ever said "Hate the sin, not the sinner." I don't believe that...and its certainly not in the bible. I've especially never said that in regards to homosexuals (or any other sin.) I've never thought of liberals as mentally ill either. That would be excusing them of their flawed ideology. I also never claimed to be able to save anyone with my beautiful and eloquent words...whether they were mentally ill or not.

Liberals are human beings...deeply ideologically flawed...but human nonetheless. I speak to them the truth. It would be degrading to them to speak anything else. I also don't 'hate' liberals because the bible says to love our enemies. However, the bible doesn't say to patronize your enemies and pretend that you agree with them.