Because that's the day my church holds the service :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

So what are people's answer to the original question of What day do you worship and why? Even though you may worship God on every day of the week, you all must have a specific reason for the main day you observe.

Shalom JD,

It is interesting that you refuse to answer the question of whether you are a Seventh Day Adventist or not. So, it can be assumed that you are and that is where you are coming from doctrinally.

This question has been answered over and over. Gathering with the saints in church, in no way negates the Sabbath. There is no Scripture that says we can ONLY gather and worship on one day.

Here is my original answer to the question:

Shalom,

I "worship" G-d every day, in Spirit and in Truth.

If you mean what day do we gather with the saints in congregation? That would be Sunday, the Biblical 1st day of the Week, celebrating the L-rd's Day.

Oh, BTW, we also honor the Biblical Sabbath - Friday night sundown to Saturday night sundown. But that's not when we gather, that's when we rest in G-d.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

This is a question to everyone and I'd like to get as many answers or comments back as possible. I am getting ready to type up a new message about the "Sabbath Day." I would like to know what day everyone worships on and why they do it on that day? Is your answer rooted in the Bible or is it rooted in tradition just because your parents raised you to go to church on a certain day? Do you even care what day you go to church on at all? Thanks. :th_frusty:

Cajunboy::::Everyday approximately 25 times a day! Also, study the Bible 2 times a day, before work and after. Church on Sunday!

You are the first person I've met that believes the Sabbath to be a rest day, but not when we gather
:huh:

:o

Things They Never Told You In Sabbath School

:)

Sabbath Keepers Stay Home

See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
Exodus 16:29

In Fact It Could Even Be Said That You Might Not Want To Fire Off Your Automobile Ignition Or To Live In Canada In The Wintertime!

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.
Exodus 35:2-3

Please Forgive This Old Tease But

You See I Love And Respect My Sister

And I Pray You Will Read And Believe Your Bible

Before You Read And Follow The Words Of Any Man Or Any Woman

You May Find This Interesting

Or Not

Confess And Believe For Salvation

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

Salvation Is All Of God

God Does Not Share His Glory

No Man Or Woman Will Ever Brag

Boast Not

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

To Obey The Law

Obey The Law Man, The Lord Jesus Christ

We Must Abide In Him

The Law

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:10

The Law

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:12

The Law

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:37-37-40

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

If you really want to know, yes, I am a Seventh Day Adventist. But that is not important. You seem to concentrate more on the person than on the subject matter being talked about. Since you wanted to know what denomination I am, It's only fair that you tell me what denomination you are.

Shalom JD,

Thank you for your honesty. It's not a matter of concentrating more on the person, but you see SDA's have doctrine that are particular to SDA's and it really helps people understand where you are coming. It just helps people understand your frame of reference so we can discuss with you. It is a not a bad thing. :huh:

My views on the 7th day Sabbath are not unique to Adventists, but are also found with Seventh Day Baptists, Torah-observant Messianic Jews, and others who keep the Sabbath.

Actually JD, that's not really true. I am a Messianic Jew and I observe the Sabbath as well as gather with the saints in church on Sunday or other days of theweek. The Early Church did that as well, as there is no conflict.

I don't know of any Sabbath keeping group that keeps the 7th day Sabbath just because they felt like it.

Well, you see, that's were the Body is divided. These "groups" make the doctrine of one day of worship only more important than it is in the Bible.

Every such group that I've read about, keeps it because they believe that it is an obligation by God, not because they felt that they can keep just any old day and picked Saturday just to be different. The same can be said for people who keep Sunday who believe it should be observed because of Jesus being raised on that day. It is true that worship services, prayer services, and Bible study, can take place on any day of the week. However, there is only one special day God wants us to keep holy. I believe that day to be Saturday and others believe it to be Sunday.

And JD, there is nothing wrong with you believing that Saturday is the day that YOU believe G-d wants YOU to worship. However, the wrong comes in when you or anyone else says that those who gather on any other day, are not pleasing to G-d. The NT writings refute that.

You are the first person I've met that believes the Sabbath to be a rest day, but not when we gather. Luke 4:16 shows it was Jesus's custom to attend the synagogue on the Sabbath. In other words, He didn't say home or not gather with other believers on that day.

:) Actually, I'm the SECOND person who has told you that on this board. Shiloh357 told you first, and if I'm not mistaken, he also is a Messianic Jew. Go back to post #11

In Jewish thought, every day is a day worship.

The Sabbath is a day of rest, not just a day of worship.

I would also point out that the "rest" is not what people think it is. The Sabbath was/is a rest from creative labor. It is not a rest from good deeds.

And Jesus went to Temple because that was the "custom" of the day for Jews. And Jesus was a Jew. And there WAS a central Temple in Jerusalem.

Today though, WE are the TEMPLE of G-d and we are the Church and the Word says we should rest and honor the Sabbath, but no place does it say it is the ONLY day to gather with the saints.

Since we are to live by the Word of G-d, which says we are to worship in Spirit and in Truth, every day, and let no one judge us for which day we observe, we are free and commanded to gather as often as possible to bring worship and glory to our L-rd with the saints.

Oh, BTW, on the Sabbath, in our home, we stay at home and observe the Sabbath.

You are the first person I've met that believes the Sabbath to be a rest day, but not when we gather
:huh:

:o

Things They Never Told You In Sabbath School

Sabbath Keepers Stay Home

See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
Exodus 16:29

In Fact It Could Even Be Said That You Might Not Want To Fire Off Your Automobile Ignition Or To Live In Canada In The Wintertime!

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.
Exodus 35:2-3

Please Forgive This Old Tease But

You See I Love And Respect My Sister

And I Pray You Will Read And Believe Your Bible

Before You Read And Follow The Words Of Any Man Or Any Woman

You May Find This Interesting

Or Not

Confess And Believe For Salvation

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

Salvation Is All Of God

God Does Not Share His Glory

No Man Or Woman Will Ever Brag

Boast Not

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

To Obey The Law

Obey The Law Man, The Lord Jesus Christ

We Must Abide In Him

The Law

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:10

The Law

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:12

The Law

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:37-37-40

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Shalom Joe,

You continue to amaze and bless me with all you contribute here to Worthy! G-d bless you!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

This is a question to everyone and I'd like to get as many answers or comments back as possible. I am getting ready to type up a new message about the "Sabbath Day." I would like to know what day everyone worships on and why they do it on that day? Is your answer rooted in the Bible or is it rooted in tradition just because your parents raised you to go to church on a certain day? Do you even care what day you go to church on at all? Thanks. :emot-hug:

are you asking which day is exhaulted over another???

we do worship each and every day, somedays longer then others.... now, we go to and listen to some preaching (between 3 and 6 hours) on Sunday and about 2 on Wednesday, this does not include any preaching we get that is not in our fellowship....

here is our aprox sked:

Mon praise and worship music most of day intermixed with Bible reading and worship and preaching (listening to and also doing) ... organized small group study in evening...

tue praise and worship music, again intermixed with Bible reading self study and also worship and preaching both listening and doing...... (mens Prayer meeting begins next Tuesday evening)

wed.... again, the praise, worship music and preaching, and then evening (organized fellowship) service

thursday, like Tuesday, only with womans prayer meeting in the evening for thursday

Friday, as with other days, with family study time....

sat, you got it, same as with others....

sun, praise and worship, and study, then to the church fellowship for sunday school and service and then we continue on with music until evening service staying in a mode of worship and prayer...

every day is started off in prayer and devotions, and Bible reading (the two of us together..... )

Proverbs is read every day, the chapter for the day of the month, todays chapter was 15, and next month on the 15th will be proverbs 15 again..... gleaning what we can from it...

we are currently finishing up Isaiah for our readings...

statistically speaking, every person from the age of 1 day old to the age of 65 will spend about nine and half years in front of the TV........

yet, of those that are church goers ( not the world, just church goers ) if they go, sunday morning sunday evening, and wednesday evening ) they will spend about two and half years of their lives in church...

mike

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

statistically speaking, every person from the age of 1 day old to the age of 65 will spend about nine and half years in front of the TV........

Holy smokes...that almost makes me want to go off TV for good...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Holy smokes...that almost makes me want to go off TV for good...

Here is my theory on "statistics": the people who participate in those statistic gatherings are the ones who will sit nine years in front of their TVs. Just a guess, I could be wrong, it'd be impossible to test that theory. :P