• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

statistically speaking, every person from the age of 1 day old to the age of 65 will spend about nine and half years in front of the TV........

Holy smokes...that almost makes me want to go off TV for good...

Here is my theory on "statistics": the people who participate in those statistic gatherings are the ones who will sit nine years in front of their TVs. Just a guess, I could be wrong, it'd be impossible to test that theory. :whistling:

:emot-questioned: good point...I don't think I've ever been so bored I didn't hang up on those telephone survey people.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert R
This is a question to everyone and I'd like to get as many answers or comments back as possible. I am getting ready to type up a new message about the "Sabbath Day." I would like to know what day everyone worships on and why they do it on that day? Is your answer rooted in the Bible or is it rooted in tradition just because your parents raised you to go to church on a certain day? Do you even care what day you go to church on at all? Thanks. :emot-questioned:

Tuesday

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I actually go to church Monday Wednesday and Sunday, many Fridays and Saturdays and I used to go Tuesday mornings before I worked days.

My church is open everyday.

How many SDA churches are open more than 3 hours a week? Most don't even have "vespers" anymore because no one will show up and Wednesday night? Forget that. That is what legalism does, the bare minimum required by the law.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

There are problems with recognizing Sunday as God's new holy day:

Shalom JD,

You're not hearing what people are saying. :whistling:There is no NEW holy day. ALL days are holy. See? That's what we're saying.

No one is saying Sunday is the new Sabbath. No one "keeps" Sunday.

We worship, in Spirit and in Truth, on ALL days. We gather many times during the week. ALL days are holy for worship.

Acts 2

46And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

The Bible does NOT teach that all days are holy.

Shalom JD,

Ahhh, but it does.

Colossians 2:

16Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Romans 14:

5One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord

I have already provided scripture proving my case.

Shalom JD,

No, you have not given ONE verse that states it is a conflict of the Sabbath to worship on other days. Because it is NOT there. Going to church on Sunday, or ANY other day is not in any way taking away from the Sabbath, that's what you don't get.

It is you who is twisting scripture.

Wow, that's nasty. :41: I never said you were twisting Scripture. I asked you to provide Scripture to prove your point. Obviously you cannot, so you resort to personal attacks. That is sad.

Romans 14 is NOT talking about holy days. The Sabbath is something that God instituted, not "One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike." I repeatedly said that having worship and prayer services on other days of the week is okay, but do not replace Sabbath keeping.

You just don't listen, do you. OK, I'll say it AGAIN:

Going to church on Sunday, or ANY other day is not in any way taking away from the Sabbath, that's what you don't get.

This will be my last post on this subject because I didn't come to Worthy Boards to engage in fruitless arguments. We can go on about this all weak and not get anywhere.

In other words, you cannot prove your point by Scripture and you're getting upset. OK by me. :)

You want me to quote scripture? Here it is:

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17-19 NKJV

:24::24: So you just picked any Scripture? :taped:

Absolutely!! I agree!! And that is why I do the things I do, such as observe the Sabbath, keep Biblical Feast days, keep Biblical Kosher, etc. Hello? You're preaching to the choir with THOSE verses! :24::24:

However, JD, you are barking up the wrong tree here. These verses and NONE of the other verses you have posted say it is WRONG to gather with the saints on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Because, the gathering in no way replaces or conflicts with the Sabbath being Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. You are the one saying it's wrong, not the Bible. You are espousing man's doctrine, not G-d's.

I encourage you to actually READ the Bible with an open heart and not just blindly repeat what you've been taught in SDA church. I also encourage you to READ the replies instead of just firing back without really hearing what's being said.

THAT's what is why we cannot get anywhere, you refuse to read the replies.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I'm not disputing having worship or prayer services on other days of the week. I'm saying that there is only one holy day that is recognized by God.

There are problems with recognizing Sunday as God's new holy day:

1) There is NO specific commandment to keep Sunday. In other words, the words, "Thou shalt keep Sunday" or words to that effect are not in the Bible.

2) If the day was changed, it would be MAJOR NEWS! There is NO WAY that any church can just casually make such a change like that without it attracting lots of attention. When the Worldwide Church of God changed to Sunday, it affect them big time. If a major Church denomination ( Roman Catholic, Baptist, etc.) decided to change to Saturday, it would also be big news. The fact that such a reaction isn't recored is strong evidence that the change never took place.

You are assuming things because of what you have been taught. Christians do not "keep" Sunday. Some heretics out there might, but it is not the mainstream belief that Sunday is a Sabbath.

I was praying about a church to join when I moved here and the first time I heard my pastor preach he said, "Sunday is not the Sabbath" The Sabbath is the Rest that we have in Jesus."

I joined that day.

Don't you see that the sign of the Sabbath pointed to the fulfillent of Jesus being our Rest.

God does not live in time, He created it. There is not time apart from this universe that we know. "The Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath" because it wasn't there existing in some eternal state. There was a purpose of it---to point to Christ. Israel hasn't received Christ and therefore is still under the law, even though it can't save them.

The bible says where there is a change in the priesthood, there must be a change in the law.

Fulfilled means complete, Jesus fulfilled the law and it is done. If you try to keep one part of it be legalism, you are required to keep the whole thing without fault.

Are you prepared to do that?

is it rooted in tradition
:emot-hug:

The Trouble With Tradition

Works For Salvation

The Fools Gold

No Yeshua

No Jesus

My Way

Death

Help

:blink:

Abe's Kids - By Faith

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 4:13

No Brag - By Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Believe The Son Of God

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
John 20:31

Call On His Name

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:21

:emot-partyblower:

It Is Finished

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
John 19:30

Believe And Live

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

:emot-dance:

Believe In Jesus And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/05/1971

saturday cuz thats when i have church lol