• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

:) Sorry but i had to laugh at this !

We have a pure bred German shorthair pointer, she's 7 yrs. old. i don't know what dog that

does'nt go for the kitty litter box. They all do ! And we have 1 male adult cat, and we have a 12 weeks old male kitten. Who's better i don't know. But i can say now the kitten is doing everything our dog does.

i keep our litter box under our stairs, theirs a opening for the cats to get in their. yes the dog found it's way too ! Now i keep a chair next to the opening, and i keep a bottle of pepper hot, mix with water in a spray bottle. When the dog goes near she gets spray.

You'll find out after 3 times, that your dog will stay away, where she does'nt belong ! It even works near the cat food !!! She won't go near cat food.

Most hunting dogs are very Hyper !!! Like ours ! That's why i love cats best, easy to handle,

and very calm. Our dog sleeps under covers, just like a human. She uses to sleep on the bed, not anymore. She took over our love seat as her bed ! Yes, she even has her own quilt ! That when she's cold, she wraps herself under. She also has a sensetive stomach.

her stomach, went into her chest cavilty, almost killed her. The vet re-sew her stomach to the outer walls of the linning , so it won't move into her chest. She eats tiny puppy food, no more raw hides , or bones. cause she will get sick. Nothing like salty foods also. And she misses potato chips. We walk her, even though we have 2 acres , we can let her run loose,

she was almost stolen. And as a puppy she has wetten the floor, and as adults, as she gets excited she pees, typical of a hunting dog. But i can say she's well behave, great with children, and a excellent watch dog ! But i can understand what your going through. been their ! Have you try dog obedience class for dogs, they even work with dogs that have been abused. Something to think about ! I'll pray for you ! GBU

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

I dont have the heart to crate train her.

I am under the impression that getting a dog crate, the right size for your dog, actually helps. It helps the dog feel secure while you are gone. Its a thought anyway.

That's actually true berribear. When we first got our dog from a shelter we bought her a crate, now it is her space where she goes to be alone. Everyone in the house knows that if she retreats to her crate then you don't bother her because she wants to be left alone. She also hides there if she's scared - it's her safe place and makes her comfortable. When we left her alone for the first time we put her in her crate, and gradually we let her stay out for short periods of time while we were gone. If she did anything she wasn't supposed to we would show her what she did tell her no and then the next time we went out she'd have to go in her crate. Eventually she learned what she was not allowed to do while we were gone and she is very well behaved. We've had her for 8 1/2 years now (she's 10y/o as of yesterday).

Also Giaour have you taken her to the vet? You should probably ask your vet for advice, they understand dogs better than we do...at least most of them do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I dont have the heart to crate train her.

I am under the impression that getting a dog crate, the right size for your dog, actually helps. It helps the dog feel secure while you are gone. Its a thought anyway.

Yeah, all our dogs have LOVED their crates...Alli especially (our first dog). She used to run in there when she was scared or sick or sad because it made her feel secure.The dogs we've had since then have been so big that we just haven't had anywhere to put a crate the right size for them once they're full-grown, but they still loved them when they were smaller.

Guest Biblicist

Crate training is the best thing you can do for your dog.

Dogs like dens or small places to hide. It's natural for them to want to be in a small space.

Dogs that are left out to roam the house while you are gone tend to get more anxious since there are no bounderies. Dogs like bounderies. Just like kids do. . . :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

as disgusting as it may be, many, many dogs have a cat-poop fetish.

At my house - with our Sheltie - we call them kitty treats. I can always tell when she's been in the "treat box" because she'll have one lone piece of kitty litter on the end of her nose :thumbsup:

Cesar is amazing. I can't remember him ever tackling this specific problem on his TV show, but he may have in his books.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Wow! I had no idea that cat poop was such a delicasy.

:thumbsup:

"kitty treats" LOL

My husband says Spax is a "turd herder"

:13:

I'm sorry, but there is no way I can put Spaz in a crate.

We had to travel with her in a crate once for a few hours and now when she sees it, she just avoids it like the plague.

She has her own bedroom that she claims. She runs in there when she's scared or in trouble. She also chases the cats out of her room.

He hyperness has settled down the last few days. I think ignoring her until she is calm has been working.

We are now working with her jumping up on people.

I have spoke to her vet. Doc Julie and Spaz are buddies. Spaz is taking Atopica for her alergies so we see the doc regularly.

Doc Julie said Spaz is just high strung and has a nervous stomach and to keep her food bland.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Don Fanucci

:emot-highfive::):24::24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

Wow! I had no idea that cat poop was such a delicasy.

:emot-highfive:

Doc Julie said Spaz is just high strung and has a nervous stomach and to keep her food bland.

Wondering if cat box "treats" qualifies as bland.......

:)