• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Do not pay attention to every word people say,

or you may hear your servant cursing you-

for you know in your heart

that many times you yourself have cursed others.

Ecclesiastes 7:21-22

Have you ever overheard someone say something bad about you? Or maybe they even say something bad about you straight to your face! Has it happened to you on this board? Most likely at one point or another someone here has. It is hard not to be sensitive to what other people say to you. Solomon says in Ecclesiastes "do not pay attention to every word people say." A lot of the times people say things they don't really mean. If you remember that we are weak and sometimes say things that we really don't mean, It will help you follow Solomons advice.

If we all just try and watch what we say, it will save some people a lot of heartache. Even though Ecclesiastes says that we shouldn't pay attention to every word, it would be wisest for us to watch every word we say so when you say something to someone they don't have to not pay attention to every word. Am I making any sense here?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Brother Andrew,

May HIS Peace be upon you! Reminds of the verse about being slow to speak and quick to listen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19

Brother Andrew,

That would be the scripture! James had alot to say about how we talk.

James Chapter 3 verses 1 though 12.

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers and sisters, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For all of us make many mistakes. Anyone who makes no mistakes in speaking is perfect, able to keep the whole body in check with a bridle. If we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we guide their whole bodies. Or look at ships: though they are so large that it takes strong winds to drive them, yet they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great exploits.

How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire! And the tongue is a fire. The tongue is placed among our members as a world of iniquity; it stains the whole body, sets on fire the cycle of nature, and is itself set on fire by hell. For every species of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by the human species, but no one can tame the tongue

James Chapter 4 verses 11 and 12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers and sisters. Whoever speaks evil against another or judges another, speaks evil against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy. So who, then, are you to judge your neighbor?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for your thought and scripture Andrew :t2:

I hope that many of the board members do not overlook this thread. The Word you have given is very powerful to cause one to take a step back and think of what they have said when they have allowed emotion to get the better of them. May your posts bring us to repentance.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Thanks for your thought and scripture Andrew :P

I hope that many of the board members do not overlook this thread. The Word you have given is very powerful to cause one to take a step back and think of what they have said when they have allowed emotion to get the better of them. May your posts bring us to repentance.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

AMEN!!! :t2: :t:

Guest Unworthy Servant

Guided by the Power of truth through the perfection of Christ's Spirit in us:

Greetings in the name of Jeus our Lord and Savior. The phrase at the top is I think the only way that we can really deal with the tongue, or the will within us to allow that instrument to go asstray. It is so true that most people allow themselves to say things that hurt others beasically because they do not allow God control over their thoughts and words to another person. It becomes a dangerous thing to deal with the intent of the heart on a worldly level because we are all prone to give in to the drives and desires of the flesh in seeking out jealousys or angers that are hidden deep within us. These things come out through the intent that we allow within our heart to fester and grow. It is these things when they are not given to the control of God's Spirit within us that seek to destroy our witness in Christ to others.

We do witness to others all of the time no matter if we intend to our not, and it is that witness that tells others if we can be trusted with the pains and the troubles that they have hidden within their soul. People will not come to find encouragement and solace from someone whom they can not find trust.

It become so very important for us to seek after God's face both day and night instead of trying to control issues on our own. You are right my friend the tongue is decietful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? God knows it that's who. God knows how it can be controlled because He is the only one who is perfect in His abily to to take the responsability to control it . We can never be perfected enough to do so, and that is the big point here. If we seek God with our whole heart , mind , and strength; if we love God with all of our heart, and out neighbor as we love ourselves, then the tongue will be controlled. It won't be controlled by us however, but by the Lord our God. May you richly bless God through your life in Him;

The Unworthy Servant :t2:

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Andrew you out did yourself this time my friend. How I wish that we all myself included remember that very verse before we open our mouths in haste. It may be good to ask for forgiveness when ones tongue speaks evil but its better if that evil never was uttered in the first place. Peace to you my friend and say hi to your mom.