ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

How does go about getting involved in church activity if they don't know what area of service they can do?

How much involvement is to much involvement?

Should I feel guilty if I only feel led to serve or be involved in one area?

Why do we feel guilty if we are not doing 20 services for the church or make people feel that way?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

How does go about getting involved in church activity if they don't know what area of service they can do?

Why do we feel guilty if we are not doing 20 services for the church or make people feel that way?

simple...Do what the Lord is leading you to do...no more, no less...anything outside of what the Lord is leading you to do is in your own works and is not pleasing to the Lord..and if you are doing less then you are being disobedient..this is something I have had to really strive in...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

try a few...ask your pastor if you could help out temporarily in some areas (with people already involved to help you out), just to see what's right for you.

One way to tell is to see whether it's constantly getting in the way of your family life or causing strife within your family. Another thing is losing focus: when it becomes about how much you can do for the church rather than about love for God.

Heck no!

Because we're silly humans? :o

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/22/1958

Our church has a service missions fair every fall (we just had it). During the fair we can sign up to try-out different service missions in the church. We can try the service mission up to three times before making a commitment to continue serving in that area. If we decide the service mission is not right for us, we just tell the coordinator we don't want to serve in that area.

You might ask whoever coordinates service missions in your church what service areas need volunteers and if you could serve in that area for a trial period before making a commitment.

How much involvement is too much involvement?

If your involvement in service missions causes you to neglect your family or your job, then it is too much.

Our service missions coordinator monitors all the volunteers. When someone volunteers for what she thinks are too many missions, she will take them aside and talk to them. She told me I needed to back off at one point.

NO, it is better to serve in one area and give it your all.

We pay more attention to what other people think than what GOD thinks.

If you have prayed and then listened to GOD and are doing what you have been led by GOD to do, then don't worry about what other people think.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The absolute best way to discover your spiritual gifts is to try differing ministries.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear ray,

I thought you already went to your pastor in regard to this?

In His Love,

Suzanne