IGNORED

Had to walk out of a movie last night....bummer!!!

DarkNebulaWelder

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

What was the movie?

Well, I originally wanted to go see Hot Rod, but it wasn't playing.

So I picked another comedy....It was Superbad.

I definitely recommend that you DON'T see it. Not only was it lame, but it was filthy and absurd.

There were some funny moments, but overall, it was trash.

The only reason I chose it was because Bill Hader from SNL was in it, and I'm a big fan!!

Oh, man, Superbad? Yeah, I've heard it really is super bad! :)

A really good movie to see is Akelah and the Bee. :b: Kid-friendly, good, and just encouraging. :D I saw Hairspray, and that was pretty good too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

What was the movie?

I definitely recommend that you DON'T see it. Not only was it lame, but it was filthy and absurd.

The only reason I chose it was because Bill Hader from SNL was in it, and I'm a big fan!!

A really good movie to see is Akelah and the Bee. :b: Kid-friendly, good, and just encouraging. :D I saw Hairspray, and that was pretty good too.

I've never heard of that one.

Hairspray was also playing at the theatre I went to, and I'm thinking I should have seen that. I just remembered the original, and how much I dislike John Waters, so I opted not to see it.

I still want to go see Hot Rod, but now I'm a little afraid to. Does anyone know anything about this movie?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

What was the movie?

A really good movie to see is Akelah and the Bee. :b: Kid-friendly, good, and just encouraging. :21: I saw Hairspray, and that was pretty good too.

I've never heard of that one.

Hairspray was also playing at the theatre I went to, and I'm thinking I should have seen that. I just remembered the original, and how much I dislike John Waters, so I opted not to see it.

I still want to go see Hot Rod, but now I'm a little afraid to. Does anyone know anything about this movie?

I don't know anything about it. *shrug* And yeah, Akelah and the Bee didn't hit a lot of the main theatres... which is depressing. :D It's an AMAZING movie. You can check around online about Hot Rod; probably any site like Yahoo! or that Pluggedinonline.com will have something.

Well, just so you know, not ALL movies are like the one you saw. You didn't pick a very good one to go see. Although congratulations on walking out. Quite awhile ago I went to Reno 911 Miami... and I have been ashamed ever since for not walking out of it. I was with my girlfriend and two others, and I just was too afraid of what they'd think.

I know what you're saying.

I just wished I'd walked out sooner.

Like I said, there were a few funny moments, and I was secretly hoping that the profanity would wind down, but it just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

That was towards the end.

I really wished I'd left earlier.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

recently I had a couple of hours to kill and thought I'd go watch "transformers" but when I got to the cinema, that show didn't start for another 2 hours so I asked what was starting "now" and bought the ticket to see the latest harry potter.

After the first 30 minutes I began wondering what the attraction to this story is? It was overly complicated and no real action to speak of...

I kept thinking that eventually something in this story would be worth sitting through. I watched almost the whole thing before I realized that nothing was going to redeem this wasted time and walked out.

Yeah, there was the overt witchcraft aspect but I'm not worried about it now. The premise is stupid and the story is boring.

I totally agree with you, yod.

Last month, I was spending the weekend with some friends and they wanted to go see it, so I went. I figured I may as well see at least one so I can discuss Potter intelligently.

What a disappointment. It was sooooo boring. I actually fell asleep twice. :) My friend woke me up and told me I was snoring. :b: It seemed like the same scene was playing over and over with different background and costumes---the good guys and bad guys wave their wands and throw each other across the room or whatever.

There was very little meaningful or clever dialogue. And the movie didn't draw me in and/or make me care about the characters at all. :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

So, last night after Bible study, I decided to go see a movie. It had been a long time since I went to the movies, so I guess I didn't realize how bad they are getting!!

Anyhow, the movie I chose was a comedy....BAD decision!!!! The movie was extremely raunchy, and one of the main characters was so disgusting that he was unlikable.

I eventually had to walk out, just because of the profane amount of raunch.

I can feel myself becoming more easily offended as my relationship in Christ grows, which is a good thing....but it just bums me out that our society has degenerated like this, and I can't enjoy a simple form of entertainment.

I was SO disappointed, and had to ask the Lord to give me better discernment.....I felt like I just wasted the $$$$ that He blessed me with.

I guess I really need to research the movies that I choose from now on, which is crummy, because it just makes it a big hassle.

That was awkward....never in my life have I walked out of ther theatre before.

BTW, this was a "teen movie," but it made American Pie look like Gidget. Now, I don't spend a lot of time with teen-agers, but I really hope that this is not reflective of their normal behaviour, because if it is, I pray for this nation!!!!!

Praise the Lord for Godly young people!!!!!

Cajunboy::::: Kudo's to you sweetie! God has a way of making HIS feelings known in us!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

wow, I wouldnt even bother going to a movie that is called superbad lol. The best way to get a review on a movie you want to see is just to google the title and 'movie review' and read all the reviews; even secular reviews you can get an idea of if it's worthwhile.

You should check out Emma or Ever After or even The Italian Job

i wanted 2 see this 1. it looked funny. i do want 2 see rush your 3 and war.

Save your money....unless you would like to heargutter talk and watch a bunch of guys doing coke.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

i thought that would be a good movie. I'm surprised to hear it. I'll probably still try it myself

gawdschild

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Facing the giants was wonderful. Get the movie at your local walmart and show it your church. Its great for the whole family!!! Loved it loved it!!!!!