• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

My understanding of prophecy is that it is twofold, forthtelling (being God's mouthpiece and telling of God's will) and foretelling (Prediction of future events)

As far as foretelling goes, I would say the the end of the book of revelation had closed the chapter on foretelling future events.

Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Rev 22:20 He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus.

as for dreams and visions, I would have said that the prophecy as fulfilled in Acts .

New creature

If there are no more prophecies or prophets,Then why is prophecy mentioned in 1st cor 12:8-10 as one of the spiritual gifts,and why are prophets said to be one of the 5 fold ministries in eph 4:11?

I get very weary of prophets who give new revelations from God when we already have the Bible as the ultimate revelation from God especially when there are mad men out there claiming to have new revelations. The last person to claim that started a new religion called Islam.

New creature

Any revelation that opposes scripture is obviously false,but there are true prophets out there that communicate with God and reveals his heart to those that can not hear God's voice for themselves.

We must sift all that we hear through God's word(the bible)whether it be prophecy or preaching or teaching or doctrine.

All must be scrutenized through God's word and be able to be confirmed by scripture.

Foretelling has stopped as the book of Revelation has stopped. I would be very wary of any who say they have a special revelation as we are very close to the end times. What more could the Lord tell us that he has not done so in the Bible??

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ, or, Here; believe it not.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.

New creature

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of prophecy is that it is twofold, forthtelling (being God's mouthpiece and telling of God's will) and foretelling (Prediction of future events)

As far as foretelling goes, I would say the the end of the book of revelation had closed the chapter on foretelling future events.

Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Rev 22:20 He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus.

as for dreams and visions, I would have said that the prophecy as fulfilled in Acts .

New creature

If there are no more prophecies or prophets,Then why is prophecy mentioned in 1st cor 12:8-10 as one of the spiritual gifts,and why are prophets said to be one of the 5 fold ministries in eph 4:11?

I get very weary of prophets who give new revelations from God when we already have the Bible as the ultimate revelation from God especially when there are mad men out there claiming to have new revelations. The last person to claim that started a new religion called Islam.

New creature

Any revelation that opposes scripture is obviously false,but there are true prophets out there that communicate with God and reveals his heart to those that can not hear God's voice for themselves.

We must sift all that we hear through God's word(the bible)whether it be prophecy or preaching or teaching or doctrine.

All must be scrutenized through God's word and be able to be confirmed by scripture.

Foretelling has stopped as the book of Revelation has stopped. I would be very wary of any who say they have a special revelation as we are very close to the end times. What more could the Lord tell us that he has not done so in the Bible??

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ, or, Here; believe it not.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.

New creature

To say there are no ''NEW'' revelations to be said and to say that there are no longer prophets or need for prophets are two different things.

To say there is no new revelation could or could not be true but to say there is no more prophets or need for them is 100% completely false.

Like I said earlier any prophecy that can not be confirmed by scripture is false but that goes for preaching,teaching,and doctrine as well.

Are you saying that there are no longer pastors,teachers,or evangelist?If not you can not rule out prophets either.

I am saying there is no more foretelling or prediction of future events!

If it always has to be confirmed in Scripture, then...

When the book of Revelations was written, can all of what is in Revelation be confirmed from previous Scripture?

I'm just trying to understand here. Sorry for my immature question..

Yes. Not all scripture dealing with future events are only found in Revelations. Much about Jesus's second coming and future events are found in Daniel and OT prophets like Isaiah!

Isaiah has more to say about the future millennial kingdom and New Heaven and earth than the book of Revelation.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/25/1962

Prophecy, is rarely on target - but I have received shockingly accurate assessments of what was going on in my head, heart and physical body on a couple of occasions.

God is ALWAYS encouraging even after He convicts. If something makes somebody feel like they are a creep in God's eyes - TRASH IT IMMEDIATELY!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Prophecy, is rarely on target - but I have received shockingly accurate assessments of what was going on in my head, heart and physical body on a couple of occasions.

God is ALWAYS encouraging even after He convicts. If something makes somebody feel like they are a creep in God's eyes - TRASH IT IMMEDIATELY!

that is a great way to discern what we are doing and if it is right or not....good motto!! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

oh that reminds me...I have to answer the other thread about differenc between prophets and prophesying... Gotta find it.Sorry guys