• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord Sanctify HIS Church!

One thing I have found is that with some you cannot witness with your words, but with your life.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest glorytothelord

Thank you for your suggestions.

We have definitely had the experience of witnessing to our families - have you ever given them Promise books ?

Also, we learned, as most of you have suggested, the best

way can be by example, if, as John wrote, some people just

don't want to know ! However, we must go to God for His

help in prayer.

Blessings,

Glory.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/14/1980

There is none Rightious no not one, for all have sined against Thee, and come short of the Glory of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Thank you for your suggestions.

We have definitely had the experience of witnessing to our families - have you ever given them Promise books ?

Also, we learned, as most of you have suggested, the best

way can be by example, if, as John wrote, some people just

don't want to know ! However, we must go to God for His

help in prayer.

Blessings,

Glory.

Yes, they may not necessarily be listening to you, but you can bet your bottom dollar they are watching you!

One of the reasons people have such a hard time witnessing to atheists is because they tend to get all bent out of shape by the atheists comments and blow their witness.

I've seen this many many times, because my father is an atheist and he loves to debate Christians, and he gets off on getting them so mad that they blow their cool. He had one Christian actually throw him out of a coffee shop screaming and yelling at him, and all in the shop agreed the Christian was out of line, totally blew his witness no matter how eloquent his apologetic argument was.

As for me debating my Dad and trying to win him over that way? No way!!!! I must witness to him by my actions and deeds and the change he sees in me because of Him who dwells in me. I love the "living epistle" word. That speaks volumes!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, they may not necessarily be listening to you, but you can bet your bottom dollar they are watching you!

One of the reasons people have such a hard time witnessing to atheists is because they tend to get all bent out of shape by the atheists comments and blow their witness.

I've seen this many many times, because my father is an atheist and he loves to debate Christians, and he gets off on getting them so mad that they blow their cool. He had one Christian actually throw him out of a coffee shop screaming and yelling at him, and all in the shop agreed the Christian was out of line, totally blew his witness no matter how eloquent his apologetic argument was.

As for me debating my Dad and trying to win him over that way? No way!!!! I must witness to him by my actions and deeds and the change he sees in me because of Him who dwells in me. I love the "living epistle" word. That speaks volumes!!!

Boy, isn't that the truth. That is why we are not to get into drawn out "debates" with unbelievers. Then the enemy has the opportunity to get hold of us in the flesh. We are to witness by the Spirit, not by our own intellect, which is the trap that many of us will fall into if we are not careful. When you perceive in Spirit that someone is "NOT WILLING" to hear, then do not waste your pearls. Many times it is just for the purpose of drawing you into "debate" that the enemy will provoke you, and try to coerce you into debates, that are not profitable. For those who "DO NOT" want to hear, then we are to just live out our faith, before them. God will do the behind the scenes work. :t2:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Many good points here. And there are many ways to evangelize as there are evangelists. I have led street evangelism and it was always presaturated in prayer by all involved, and we never made a move without The Holy Spirit telling us when where, and how. In our own private world as it has already been pointed out it is our lives and how they are God's Word lived by us. All else will be of the flesh, and of no consequence. God already knows exactly what they need, and how to get it to them, so make sure that He is the one conducting the orchestra.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

We know several people who have told us when the topic of

Christianity has been raised, who have replied as above "I don't need religion to get to heaven because I am a good person".

Our latest friend really needs Christ and we have tried several times but it's just "not her thing". Has anyone else had the same experience ?

As it is written, and spoken by Jesus Himself,

there is no one good, except the Father.....

if you take Billy Graham and stand him next to Adolf Hitler, what you will notice is a big differance in two people, one thought to be good, the other thought to be evil. Between Churchill, Rosevelt and Hitler, you have three different life styles, and Hitlers life style was cleaner then the others. ( other then his involvement with killing )

now;

take Billy Graham and stand him next to Jesus, and look at the differance,

then place Hitler there and look at the differance.

compare the two, and you will find there is not that big a differance between Billy and Adolf.

this would be like comparing myself with my neighbor, I might be concidered "rightous" but in all actuality, I am no differant then he is when I compare myself with Jesus.

for those that feel they do not need religion to get to heaven, they are correct. Christianity is not a religion, but a life style and a belief.

there are many religions that are totally lost. it is not what denomination a person is of...... it is whether or not we are of Jesus. if we are not of Jesus, we are lost, that is all there is to it.

pushing religion down someones throut, is like trying to get them to eat alum.

( the only thing i have found that alum is good for is healing up cold sores, and the only thing that religion is good for is causing tension between people, which has been seen many times over, even on this board )

no way, cant be done. it can not be forced upon someone. it can be offered, a person can be invited, but if it is forced, it will be rejected.

mike

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Great post there Mike...Yes I have experieced the "not my thing" problem...not just old friends from before I got saved...but in laws and my own kinfolk...just got to live for Christ and let him open the doors to witness...I have found the most success for seed planting coming when God opened the door and not me.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

You say you're a good person? How do you know? What is your standard for "good" and "bad"? Is it just your own subjective opinions and perspectives? Hardly seems like a reliable standard to me.

In my mind, the standard of morality is the Bible, and that means believing in (and obeying) Jesus to be saved.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Many people have been taught from birth that if they are good enough they will make it to heaven.

An idea for helping these people see they need Christ.

Ask them if they know the 10 commandments. Name off a few and ask if they have ever broken them. As they admit to you that they have ask them what it makes them (liar thief ect.) Then ask them if God is going to let them into heaven since they are such sinners. Finally tell them that Jesus blood covers that sin and God doesn't see it anymore.

This has helped with many people