IGNORED

Past sins still making me feel miserable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Tell Satan to leave in Jesus' name, and he has to.

Amen. Or as I like to say, when Satan comes knocking, ask Jesus to answer the door! :P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the General Discussion forum to the Have a Problem? Looking for Advice? forum

Guest Greg Davies

God bless all of you Christians that are in a warfare (of course this includes me, duh.). satan only attacks us because he sees us as a threat to his kingdom. But the gates of hell will not prevail against the church (Matt16:18).

Let me ask those of you who are struggling and can't seem to get the victory a question. Are you active in a church that believes the whole Bible is for today? Where the gifts of the Spirit (I Cor 12) are active? Where the Five-fold ministry (Eph 4:11-13) is functioning? These are the tools Jesus gave us in His Word to bring us to the overcomeing life He promised we could live.

It is possible to overcome sin. Romans 6 says that sin shall not have dominion over us. But the power to overcome comes from being under godly authority, to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God so He will exalt us in due time. If we resist the devil and he doesn't flee (James 4:7), its because we aren't submitted to the Lord and the godly authority He has provided for us to be trained up in Him.

So I encourage you to find a church that believes in the Five-fold ministry. Where apostles, prophets, evangelist, pastors and teachers are speaking into the lives of the saints so we can grow up into the fullness of Christ. Yes, we are complete in Him (Col 2:10) but we must grow up in Him (Eph 4:15-16). May His grace be multipied to you. Greg.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty much completely better now. I am now going to Church (Just started last week), but I plan on going every time service is held. I'm finding great comfort in God's word and in prayer. I can feel my faith growing, and I'm not worrying like I used to. I still need to grow though. God is good.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty much completely better now. I am now going to Church (Just started last week), but I plan on going every time service is held. I'm finding great comfort in God's word and in prayer. I can feel my faith growing, and I'm not worrying like I used to. I still need to grow though. God is good.

We are all still growing. That doesn't stop, no matter how old you get.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

BEGIN each NEW DAY with God's Word. It will strengthen you to combat any of the temptations that come along. Immerse yourself in HIS WORD!

James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.

10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

I hate to bump this topic, but last night thoughts of condemnation were on my mind so bad I felt like dying. I even asked the Lord to take my life before I end up committing the unpardonable sin. I comitted a sin yesterday, a sin that I have comitted many times before, and it was a lustful one, I feel so awful. I feel like God will eventually stop forgiving me for comitting these sins, and I'm even having nightmares when I go to sleep. I woke up at 4AM in the morning and had to go outside. Please pray for me. It's making me absolutely miserable.

Edited by Great Falls

Dear Great Falls,

How often are you reading His Word? Are you committed to Him/His Word? You have to get His Word in your heart, and if you're not reading It, It can't get into you and His Holy Spirit can't use It to speak to you.

and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

In His Love,

Suzanne