IGNORED

Questionable Recruiting tactics

Guest idolsmasher

i've only voted for a republican president once.

that will be twice in november.

i don't think we've been had. i think the grounds for this war were legitimate when clinton started saying we needed to go to war, and i think they are still legitimate. i've seen no proof whatsoever that we've been had.

hussain did have WMD, did use them, did violate 17 resolutions, did mass murder his own people, did utilize illegal missiles even in this war, and to me it doesn't matter if we ever find out what happened to the WMD's. take that back, i hope we do find them. not to pacifiy the ones who oppose this war, but to prevent them from being used by another terrorist country.

i'm glad you loathe kerry. who ya gonna vote for come november?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, how many dozens of more times do you need to hear that "love thy neighbor" could also mean protecting them from evil?

What, protecting them from evil by killing our other neighbors? Or which neighbors do you mean, the ones who agree with us?

No reason to be inflamatory

I'm talking about protection from those who set out to kill the innocent. They are not my neighbors.

There is a difference between murder and killing. Do you know that? It's a very biblical concept if you would just try reading the Bible and letting it form your worldview instead of imposing your pacifism on everyone else as if you are some kind of super saint.

It's quite an arrogant position really....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Lord, bring us together.....

t.

Guest idolsmasher
Who do you all serve, God or mammon? I really wonder sometimes.

Exactly! I think one of the biggest distortions of American Christian fundamentalism is fusing the loyalties of God and country. Many people on this board will swear up and down how America has gotten off track and away from God and yet in their minds service to country equals service to God and especially if it involves war. Funny that Christ never preached this or told his followers to do such things. Clearly this is a gross perversion of the gospel.

It's quite an arrogant position really....

I'll take her kind of arrogance over some others posting here any day! :t2:

hussain did have WMD, did use them

And don't forget also to mention that many of those chemicals were supplied to him by American companies with complete government knowledge because at the time it was serving America's interests for him to be fighting Iran. Also, America willingly turned a blind eye to his atrocities as long as he was a friend. Ask youself this, why did America turn a blind eye and allow Israel to develop a nuclear arsenal completely illegally and why don't they ever bring this up in discussions about WMDs. I'll tell you why, DOUBLE STANDARD! Who do you think helped them to develop them in the first place? Guess!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Amen, Yod.

If I was in Iraq today, and got a chance to come home on leave, I'd go AWOL and not go back.

I'm sure you are very proud.

Don't let your kids go in the military!---

I already have. And I am so proud of the MAN he is today, serving his God and his country, which he was called by God to do. He will be applying for the Naval Academy in a month, and I pray he will get his hearts desire.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would really like to know, Smash - when did you first start hating America?

Why do you believe so strongly that it is your mission to prove to the world that America is "the great Satan?"

That's really what all this is about - isn't it?

Guest charlie

<<I'm sure you are very proud.>>

No, I'll leave that to those that equate love of God with love of country. I try to be humble. Every time I get too proud, God knocks me down, which is a good thing.

WIP, I served my 8 years and got an honorable discharge. -- I'll say one thing for you. You have that fundamentalist attitude down pat. Haha!

[edited to add] At least your son is in the Navy. That should give him a little more protection than a Army guy on the ground. I still live near an AF base. Many of the troops are starting to "wake up" and they're NOT happy.

btw - I am American. My family has been here since before the revolutionary war as far as we know. Lady C, why don't you want non-Americans posting here? What if they are telling the truth on some things? Wouldn't you want to know?

Guest charlie

<<i'm glad you loathe kerry. who ya gonna vote for come november?>>

Kerry hasn't gotten the nomination yet. I would like to see John Edwards (at this point). If it is Kerry vs Bush I refuse to vote for either. I'll do a write in candidate. I think that would be more pleasing to God.

Guest idolsmasher
I would really like to know, Smash - when did you first start hating America?

Why do you believe so strongly that it is your mission to prove to the world that America is "the great Satan?"

That's really what all this is about - isn't it?

Everybody knows how wicked and corrupt America is. My question is more about why do Christians feel such stong allegiance to a wicked government to where they think anybody who doesn't want to die fighting for said wicked country is a traitor, deserter, coward, etc. I can only assume there is a lot of false teaching that fans the fires of worldy patriotism and nationalism. My beef isn't just with the worldly government but also with the Christians that defend it's worldliness and wickedness with evangelistic ferver.