-the BIBLE--BUT CAN read a bunch of man-made-FALSE-DOCTRINES--HERETICAL

-STATEMENTS THAT REQUIRE THEIR OBEDIENT SUBJECTS TO PAY FOR THEIR

-LOVED DEAD-RE-LATIVES OUT OF A NON-EXISTANT PURGATORY-{these were

-called INDULGENCES by the PRIESTS}{BRIBES IN COMMON LANGUAGE}--WHO

-STOOD OVER THE GRAVES OF THE -LONG-DEPARTED ONES WITH EXTENDED

-HAND FOR THE GETTU$-BEFORE THEY -WOULD PRAY FOR THE LONG OR NEWLY

-DEPARTED FAITHFUL ONES--TRUE OR UN-TRUE??-ESTABLISHED--DOCUMENTED

-HISTORICAL- FACTS--hmmmmm??

Aaahhhhwwwwww, has shadow, lost his patients. I'm sure you will find it again, about the time you find your shadow.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

-Well, your two cents was worth about zero sense.

-OH I DUNNO--HIS 2CENTS WAS WORTH A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN JERYKS---MO-

-RONS--DING-BATS--INSIPID-IDIOSYNCRATIC-NIN-COM-POOPS-that can't READ

-the BIBLE--BUT CAN read a bunch of man-made-FALSE-DOCTRINES--HERETICAL

-STATEMENTS THAT REQUIRE THEIR OBEDIENT SUBJECTS TO PAY FOR THEIR

-LOVED DEAD-RE-LATIVES OUT OF A NON-EXISTANT PURGATORY-{these were

-called INDULGENCES by the PRIESTS}{BRIBES IN COMMON LANGUAGE}--WHO

-STOOD OVER THE GRAVES OF THE -LONG-DEPARTED ONES WITH EXTENDED

-HAND FOR THE GETTU$-BEFORE THEY -WOULD PRAY FOR THE LONG OR NEWLY

-DEPARTED FAITHFUL ONES--TRUE OR UN-TRUE??-ESTABLISHED--DOCUMENTED

-HISTORICAL- FACTS--hmmmmm??

Well, Shadow, since you brought up money let's see who is really out there getting rich in the name of Jesus. Compare the salaries of Catholic priests with that of Protestant preachers. I am sure that Jesus wanted us to get rich while we were out witnessing and evangelizing. Isn't that what he told the apostles to do? Go out, take all the money you can with you, your finest robes, and get loaded.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well, Shadow, since you brought up money let's see who is really out there getting rich in the name of Jesus. Compare the salaries of Catholic priests with that of Protestant preachers. I am sure that Jesus wanted us to get rich while we were out witnessing and evangelizing. Isn't that what he told the apostles to do? Go out, take all the money you can with you, your finest robes, and get loaded.

:duh: now wait a minute...I have never once seen shadow agree with what "some" preachers make off the people...as a matter of fact he is usually the first one to debunk the "get rich" ministries, and their lavish lifstyles.

Just for the record.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Ronald, your condescending tone is offensive. I'm trying to discuss this nicely, so why are you being so combative? And why do you have such an irrational fear of Catholicism? I am not currently a practicing Catholic, so much of what you ascribe to me is not valid, but at least I try to understand their faith as well as yours. Could you be a little bit more specific than "the Bible"? Do you have a verse that says specifically that Mary and Joseph had children together? My point was that I have not seen anything in scripture one way or the other, so I don't see how any of us can state that their opinion is fact.

I am still looking for a verse that specifically says Mary and Joseph had children..but I did find this...so I'm sure she did not remain a virgin.

Matthew 1:22-25

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, AND DID NOT KNOW HER TILL SHE HAD BROUGHT FORTH HER FIRSTBORN SON. And he called His name Jesus.

Now also the reference firstborn Son...tends to lead me to believe that she did have more children. But I won't assume anything without more looking.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Uh anyone here see this scripture....is this not enough proof Mary did not stay a virgin....I see that it was totally overlooked and ignored....instead you commented on the post before mine.....

any comments?.....or is my bible the only one that says that?

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Ronald, your condescending tone is offensive. I'm trying to discuss this nicely, so why are you being so combative? And why do you have such an irrational fear of Catholicism? I am not currently a practicing Catholic, so much of what you ascribe to me is not valid, but at least I try to understand their faith as well as yours. Could you be a little bit more specific than "the Bible"? Do you have a verse that says specifically that Mary and Joseph had children together? My point was that I have not seen anything in scripture one way or the other, so I don't see how any of us can state that their opinion is fact.

I am still looking for a verse that specifically says Mary and Joseph had children..but I did find this...so I'm sure she did not remain a virgin.

Matthew 1:22-25

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, AND DID NOT KNOW HER TILL SHE HAD BROUGHT FORTH HER FIRSTBORN SON. And he called His name Jesus.

Now also the reference firstborn Son...tends to lead me to believe that she did have more children. But I won't assume anything without more looking.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Uh anyone here see this scripture....is this not enough proof Mary did not stay a virgin....I see that it was totally overlooked and ignored....instead you commented on the post before mine.....

any comments?.....or is my bible the only one that says that?

Love and Blessings,

Angel

I don't think that that verse proves that Joseph had sex with Mary, every version and commentary I've looked at only use that to show that she was indeed a virgin when Jesus was born. It is saying that Joseph did what he was told and refrained from "knowing" his wife. This says nothing, one way or the other, of what came later. That is only assumption on your part.

I guess it was the "until" or "till" she had her firstborn Son....that gave me that assumption....it seemed to clear to me that Joseph was obedient and did not "know her UNTIL AFTER the birth of her Firstborn Son.

...can you or anyone else give me the same scripture but from a different version of the bible...so I can compare...Mine is a NKJV...I would be very interested to see exactely what others say. thanks ahead of time...I would very much appreciate it. I am not very good at searching these out yet on the internet..but I am learning...slowly but learing none the less :(

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest tiggr

Matt 13:55-56

55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

KJV

Matt 27:56-57

56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

57 When the even was come, there

KJV

Mark 6:3

3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

KJV

I believe that these scriptures tell us clearly that Jesus did have brothers and sisters

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Nicholas,

Ha Ha, that was a good one! Actually,those two cents of mine,or zero cents as you said,is worth a whole lot more,because I can back up everything I tell people by using the word of God. You must be a catholic. The truth {God's word}, is right in front of a catholic's face if only they would read it and search the scriptures. I talked to a catholic priest one day awhile back and pointed out Matt. 23:9 to him,and now he doesn't go by "father" anymore, he goes by "Reverend". I once told a co-worker of mine who is catholic and he was going to go to see his grandson get "baptized",and I said,"no,he is not getting baptized,he is getting sprinkled", I went on to tell him what the word baptize means,and that infant sprinkling was not in the word of God,and he said, "oh well,he is still getting wet". I asked him if God would send that baby to hell otherwise,and he didn't know what to say at first,and then he said, "maybe not". Catholics need to be shown the scriptures,and it is odd,because they say that they gave us the bible. Catholics need to quit being stubborn.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I guess it was the "until" or "till" she had her firstborn Son....that gave me that assumption....it seemed to clear to me that Joseph was obedient and did not "know her UNTIL AFTER the birth of her Firstborn Son.

...can you or anyone else give me the same scripture but from a different version of the bible...so I can compare...Mine is a NKJV...I would be very interested to see exactely what others say. thanks ahead of time...I would very much appreciate it. I am not very good at searching these out yet on the internet..but I am learning...slowly but learing none the less :(

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Angel,

Here ya go-Matthew 1:25 World English Version

Mt 1:25 and didn`t know her sexually until she had brought forth her firstborn son. He named him JESUS.

...can you or anyone else give me the same scripture but from a different version of the bible...so I can compare...Mine is a NKJV...I would be very interested to see exactely what others say.  thanks ahead of time...I would very much appreciate it.  I am not very good at searching these out yet on the internet..but I am learning...slowly but learing none the less :rolleyes:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Angel,

Here ya go-Matthew 1:25 World English Version

Mt 1:25 and didn`t know her sexually until she had brought forth her firstborn son. He named him JESUS.

:suspect: hmmmm....then I guess that settles one issue...Mary did not remain a virgin. And tiggr quoted some pretty good scripture too about Mary having other children.

thank you Ronald....appreciate you taking the time to post that for me.

Love and Blessings,

Angel