Paula White Divorces, Again

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

As a team, pastors Randy and Paula White attracted tens of thousands to Without Walls International Church. But behind the picture perfect image, the couple

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another slant on this story. I guess this is old news, but it's news to me!

Guest Biblicist

How very selfish of them. . .

1 Timothy 3:1 Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer [pastor], he desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

Guest Biblicist

Many years ago our beloved pastor wished to resign because is daughter became pregnant out of wedlock. We "voted" to let him stay.

Was that wrong?

1 Timothy 3:4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

Many years ago our beloved pastor wished to resign because is daughter became pregnant out of wedlock. We "voted" to let him stay.

Was that wrong?

1 Timothy 3:4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

First of all, if he wanted to resign, it doesn't seem like a vote of the congregation would change his mind. Beyond that, just because his daughter became pregnant doesn't mean he wasn't doing everything in his power to manage his own home. I suppose in a differen't time, he would have demanded that a chaparone be present with her on every date, and maybe that is a custom that should be revived, but no matter how good a Father this man is, there is no way he can guarantee his daughter will never go against the teachings he instilled in her. I would have no problem with him remaining.

I don't think a minister can be responsible for the actions of his adult daughter. If she was in her 20's, say, a chaperon would be ridiculous.

The Biblical guidelines are are guidelines, that's all. They don't mean that a minister has to be sinless and perfect and that his family has to be the same way. We are all sinful, and as long as the minister strives to raise his children in the fear and admonition of the Lord, who can demand for more?

It wasn't that long ago we saw the story involving Charles Stanley and how he told his church if his marriage broke up, he would resign, only to break his word and remain. If the church as a whole fails to hold these people accountable for what they do, and continues to support them regardless, it will only lead to further misconduct on the part of others who will figure that so and so's ministry survived, so mine will too.

Assuming Stanley doesn't remarry, how has he broken Paul's directives? Divorce doesn't disqualify a man from service, adultery does, and there's no adultery in his case. In the case of his church, it was the church's long standing but unwritten policy that divorced men could not hold any kind of office. So, if it was a tradition and not Biblical teaching, then it can change.

Stanley has never hidden his marriage problems and his wife instituted all the separations and she filed for divorce; reconciliation was always what he wanted and what he strove for.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

It wasn't that long ago we saw the story involving Charles Stanley and how he told his church if his marriage broke up, he would resign, only to break his word and remain. If the church as a whole fails to hold these people accountable for what they do, and continues to support them regardless, it will only lead to further misconduct on the part of others who will figure that so and so's ministry survived, so mine will too.

Assuming Stanley doesn't remarry, how has he broken Paul's directives? Divorce doesn't disqualify a man from service, adultery does, and there's no adultery in his case. In the case of his church, it was the church's long standing but unwritten policy that divorced men could not hold any kind of office. So, if it was a tradition and not Biblical teaching, then it can change.

Stanley has never hidden his marriage problems and his wife instituted all the separations and she filed for divorce; reconciliation was always what he wanted and what he strove for.

I thought they did reconcile.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Qouting the bible when you are these guys, requires guile (beguilers), these get people to walk after their own lusts. Open violation of scripture is their pardons for donations, how these will get you to worship the beast and his image.

Hebrews 13 (W.Tyndale.N.T)

4 Let wedlock be had in price in all poynts, and let the chamber be undefiled: for whore keepers and advoutrers God will judge.

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with that ye have already. For he verily said: I will not fail thee, neither forsake thee:

6 that we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man doeth unto me.

If you Remember them which have the oversight of you, those (that actually) declare onto you the word of God, consider the conversation of thier living and counterfeit their faith. Don't pull out your preacher's image and tell what a good guy he is, a hire ling is a covetous worker at the Sect house (each denomation is a section, Christ is responsible for their such divisions with the word)

Preach faith and not covetousness and you'll see when you read Martayn Luther

I've never been a fan of Paula White. The glitz of televangelism, no matter who it is, seems to be in opposition to the lowly humility of Yeshua most of the time. Except for programs that are airing a regular time of service, it wouldn't bother me if the whole christian television empire crumbled

That said....I pray for her and her husband to be reconciled and it seems like the only response a christian should have. We must not take an offense and increase it with guile and gossip.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Didn't know about this either Marn. Thanks for the info. I've seen her program once or twice but wasn't comfortable with her spiritually. Unfortunately another on a growing list of people in ministry that I find questionable at best.

Charles Stanley is a different story however. His marriage difficulty wasn't kept secret. Obviously we don't know the full details (and shouldn't) but he seems to have sound doctrine

I have growing concern about Perry Stone. His teaching (from what I know) seems accurate but he is a proponent of Paula White, Rod Parsley, Juanita Bynum, etc...Does anyone know?

http://www.voiceofevangelism.org/manna_fest_tv.cfm