OneAccord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

If I were put in a situation where I had to endure severe torture for the sake of my children, would I later wish for them to have to watch every intimate and agonizing detail of my suffering so they would know how much I loved them?

OA: I sympathize with this point of view because I'm hyper-sensitive to the thought of His sufferings.

I had dreams of being there when I was very little. I remember as a child having realistic dreams ..I'd wake up and remember...I was there somehow. I saw it somehow.

I was probably 9 or 10 when I dreamed I was standing there in a temple and watching Jesus and a bunch of guards standing around and Pilate on a throne type chair. I felt like I was there...it was night in the dream.

They took him away at dawn in my dream...(amazing) I was just a little kid and I dreamed this stuff.

It's very real to me. Very real. I remember I didn't want them to hurt Him. I remember in my child's mind, I didn't want them to hurt Him. That stands out very strong. Too bad I wasn't raised in a Christian home. My heart was tender toward Him even then.

So weird...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I haven't decided if I am going to let my children watch this movie yet or not....I will most definatly have to see it first. Then I will make my choice from there.

I don't want to scare them or anything....but it is a very good reminder of how much He loved us and loves us still for that matter.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

But I agree very much with the making of this movie and I'm glad Mel Gibson did it, would this be the last warning to the world from the Lord before Jesus comes back? This movie will be seen all over the world and will the end come soon after this?

Maranatha Jesus come. Angels

Angels: I have truly had this thought myself. Is this the final warning? Is this the final "wake up call" the world needs?

I have been hearing more and more prominent preachers say, "Look, it's time now...Jesus IS coming back and very soon. Hang on, folks...He's coming for His Church."

Somehow it seems so close now....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why would any Christian want to see their Lord beaten and suffering like that?

Have you ever seen youth groups witnessing in foreign countries or what have you by acting out Jesus' life, death and resurrection? Did anyone complain of the portrayal of these events in the movies Jesus of Nazereth, the Matthew video series, the Jesus film that Y-Wam has been showing around the world, or other such portrayal?

This one just goes into a different depth. I mean, Jesus was whipped with a cat-of-nine tails - a Roman whip with 9 leather strands, each tipped with bone or metal shards or other sharp objects meant to dig into the flesh of the victim. Do you believe His back would have been left with just whip marks? No, His back would have been cut to pieces. He was struck 39 times with this thing after all.

I can appreciate someone who is queezy not wanting to see anything too graphic, but why all this negative outbursting? I don't get it.

Bottom Line: If it brings souls to Christ...bring it on!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm going to take my 12 year old to see this movie. She's already received the Lord, and I do not want her to have any illusions about what the Lord really went through for her.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I'm going to take my 12 year old to see this movie. She's already received the Lord, and I do not want her to have any illusions about what the Lord really went through for her.

Thanks for saying that GMan, as I'm still so unsure. Today, the church secretary called to confirm the three tickets purchased for us. I mentioned that I was still unsure about my (almost) 13 year old and was informed that there was a waiting list, so not to worry about the ticket. I told them I would talk to his Dad and call them back.

I called my husband and he said - "The kid is 13 years old, he can take it, and all he is seeing is the TRUTH, what's the big deal? ". Men!!!! :rolleyes::) :x: :)

So, I guess that leaves me with the fact that my son is going. I was so undecided (not usual for me) that I probably could admit that I'm glad my husband took it off my shoulders, but I am still concerned.

Just so you know, I answered the question about children seeing the film in my review - if you haven't read it yet.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm going to take my 12 year old to see this movie.  She's already received the Lord, and I do not want her to have any illusions about what the Lord really went through for her.

Thanks for saying that GMan, as I'm still so unsure. Today, the church secretary called to confirm the three tickets purchased for us. I mentioned that I was still unsure about my (almost) 13 year old and was informed that there was a waiting list, so not to worry about the ticket. I told them I would talk to his Dad and call them back.

I called my husband and he said - "The kid is 13 years old, he can take it, and all he is seeing is the TRUTH, what's the big deal? ". Men!!!! :rolleyes::huh: :x: :)

So, I guess that leaves me with the fact that my son is going. I was so undecided (not usual for me) that I probably could admit that I'm glad my husband took it off my shoulders, but I am still concerned.

I have heard that the film is excessively violent and bloody. That being said, I have had some reservations. But I would rather my daughter see and understand the real pain of what the Lord went through for her. Even Mel Gibson admitted to holding some of the violence back so that people would not be running out of the theaters in horror. But to a certain degree people need to really understand that the Lord was tortured mercilessly on their behalf. Historically Hollywood's depiction of the Lord's death has neither been accurate, nor effective enough in displaying the Lord's sacrifice. Perhaps a reality check is what is really needed for us all, myself included. How easily we forget.

Just let her know - it's OK to close your eyes! There's ample warning to prepare for those moments. (As in, you can see it coming.)

I sure did several time at certain points.